BANNED

Default "Yellowjackets" is the best thriller series of 2021/2022

Please, watch this on SHOWTIME. Absolutely.

Part horror, part human drama, part mystery, part thriller, all cool!

Terrific direction and photography, brilliant actresses (Juliette Lewis and Christina Ricci among the cast), and a GREAT STORY which follows two different "eras": 1996 and 2021.

In 1996, a team of New Jersey high school soccer players travels to Seattle for a national tournament. While flying over Canada, their plane crashes deep in the wilderness and the remaining team members are left to survive for 19 months. The series chronicles their descent into madness and cannibalism while also tracking their current lives in 2021.
    Don't miss this show, it's a masterpiece. 8 episode out of 10 have been released.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 01-10-2022 at 04:37 PM.

I'm surprised at how much I've been enjoying it. It's really engaging.

Yeah a great show, seems to be flying below the radar for a lot of folks. Episode 9 was the best one yet imo, can't wait for next week's finale.

My only concern is that the creators supposedly have a 5-season plan, not a fan of that sort of thing with shows that could be cancelled at the end of any given season.

My two big hopes for the finale are A) revealing who killed Travis and B)revealing at least one adult survivor that we haven't seen yet. Of course those two reveals could easily tie in together.

It's done well -- I think the teen actors are as good as their adult counterparts. Ricci has always been outstanding, and Lewis is strong here, too (haven't seen much with her in it for years).
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

How many episodes will there be I'm waiting for it all to drop so I can knock it off in a day

Nice to see one of the younger actresses appear in Boba Fett!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    How many episodes will there be I'm waiting for it all to drop so I can knock it off in a day
    10 episodes. We are at #9.

Excellent show. Don't miss it.

I started watching this, per your recommendation, and it’s the first “TV show” I’ve been able to latch onto in quite some time.

Thanks for the heads up.

Finale was pretty great.

spoilers:
    Jackie’s death was pretty gut-wrenching; I teared up. I was really expecting her to die this season, but wasn’t sold on the idea that she’d be the first victim of cannibalism, so I always assumed it’d be some sort of accident. Still wondering who the girl was that died in the trap in the pilot, and if whether she was the first victim.

Lottie apparently became a force to be reckoned with.

I think my favorite character is Misty; she’s that kind of character maybe you’re not supposed to like initially? I mean, she’s not exactly a “good person” (although I guess none of the cast is, really).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 01-19-2022 at 03:26 PM.

BANNED

Magnificent last episode.

My only gripe with the series is:
    spoilers:

In the end, the tribe of girls just eat 4 people... I GUESS.
    Mari. Javi. Ben Scott. Akilah.

I was expecting MORE survivors and more cannibalism, LOL.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I started watching this, per your recommendation, and it’s the first “TV show” I’ve been able to latch onto in quite some time.

Thanks for the heads up.
    You're welcome, my friend! I'm so glad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant 77 View Post
    Magnificent last episode.

My only gripe with the series is:
    spoilers:

In the end, the tribe of girls just eat 4 people... I GUESS.
    Mari. Javi. Ben Scott. Akilah.

I was expecting MORE survivors and more cannibalism, LOL.
    end of spoilers
    Actually I believe there’s still two unnamed background Yellowjacket’s who haven’t even been given a name yet, and I’ve noticed one very important name definitely missing from your list:

spoilers:
    Van, who I’ve got a feeling will end up being one of the more tragic victims of the cult in the woods, since she seems to be an early follower, has the development of being Taissa’s girlfriend, but unless she’s joined Lottie’s cult on the modern day, is probably somewhere on the menu of the next season(s), possibly alongside the unnamed YJs and the other background members.

I also think it’s likely that the other survivors will be shocked and terrified to hear that Lottie’s alive - I wouldn’t be surprised if they thought she was dead in the forest.
    end of spoilers

Also, would you guys agree that Natalie seems to be the closest likely counterpart to Ralph from Lord of the Flies? Y’know, the closest there is to a resolutely sane and “heroic” protagonist when everyone else goes crazy? It feels like the other three main survivors are definitively more dangerous in some way or another, especially consider their kill count in the present day.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Actually I believe there’s still two unnamed background Yellowjacket’s who haven’t even been given a name yet, and I’ve noticed one very important name definitely missing from your list:
    No, wait, they are 100% known. The black girl is indeed named Akilah, and then there's Mari (Chinese origin?), who has been given some spot (lines) in the last few episodes as well. There are no other Yellowjackets, I'm sure. They all live in the cabin, so it's easy to detect them all.
    Akilah and Mari were with Thai and Van when Van spoilers:
    has been attacked by the wolf.
    end of spoilers

I AGREE WITH YOU about Natalie. She's the "heroine" of the story, as far as I'm concerned. Your observations are fine.