Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Did Emma Frost ever apologize to Firestar?

So, to summarize:

Firestar, as you know, originated in Spider-man and his Amazing friends. Seeing she was popular, Marvel made her into a comic book character meant to attract teenage girls. They made her into a mutant and put her on the X-side, where she was taken in by Emma Frost who gaslighted and psychologically abused her to make her into an assassin to kill her rival Selene. Old School Emma did not care about her children. Firestar was her weapon.

She destroyed the girl's relationship with her father to increase her dependence on her and her own. Even though her father genuinely wanted to reconnect with his daughter. She also burned the girl's horse to make her look like a danger to others so she can't run. Also, Empath tried to Purple Man her.

And Emma tried to have her arrested by the Freedom Force for being an unregistered mutant as punishment for leaving her. Since fleeing Emma, she had never been on another mutant team. (Except for Amazing X-Men, but we won't talk about that.)

Has Emma ever apologized for any of this?

I was just reminded of a thread from the old CBR forums. I wonder if it's archived somewhere.

Should She?

After all she is the hidden true liberator. i Mean she can off some "Nuhumans" if she wanted to. After Inferno 4 Emma is everything that is rigth with the franchise.

I'm also interested what Spiral will do when she finds out Firestar is still around. Lady hated her guts and Mystique had to fake her death just to calm Spiral down.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Should She?

After all she is the hidden true liberator. i Mean she can off some "Nuhumans" if she wanted to. After Inferno 4 Emma is everything that is rigth with the franchise.
    That’s sarcasm, right? I don’t mean to sound stupid, I’m just trying to understand.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Should She?

This excuses past behavior she might have done because?….like, good and evil actions aren’t some math balance you put numbers in to try and balance it out. Emma could still apologize for what she did on top of doing good?

She sorta did in Gen X 59. She said she owed her an apology but the words never came out of her mouth. At the end Firestar threatened her, saying if she ever found out about Emma messing with children's heads ever again, she and the Avengers would come after her. But saying I am sorry isn't really Emma's style. Another reason I find her quite annoying. She also has never apologized to Storm either. But people always throw off some bs about how it was all in the past or some other such nonsense as an excuse why she never needs to say it.
    Last edited by Saturius; 01-10-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm also interested what Spiral will do when she finds out Firestar is still around. Lady hated her guts and Mystique had to fake her death just to calm Spiral down.
    Honestly, it’s not going to happen in this era. They’ve got Sinister and Apocalypse walking around without any of the people they fucked with trying to get even on the sly, Mystique, Mastermind, Dakken, Gorgon pre-X of Swords…at this point I think it’s just a given that we have to accept as a core part of the premise for Krakoa is that Charles cut the part of the brain capable of holding a grudge or being upset or traumatized being around someone who killed/raped/tortured/abused you.

Did Don Corleone apologize?

It's Firestar. Let her stay mad.

And did Firestar ever apologize to Wolverine?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I knew Emma burned a horse but had no idea about the rest, LordUltimus. Honestly, I am at a loss for words…
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It's Firestar. Let her stay mad.

And did Firestar ever apologize to Wolverine?
    I mean, all the X-Writers are saying that Firestar needs to apologize for being a cop, so I'd say they should remember the reason WHY Firestar never joined the X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Did Don Corleone apologize?
    You’d expect Superheroes to have more morality than a mafia boss…unless the conclusion is that the X-men are the organized crime of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I knew Emma burned a horse but had no idea about the rest, LordUltimus. Honestly, I am at a loss for words…
    Claremont NEVER intended Emma to be redeemable, or any of the Hellfire Club for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I mean, all the X-Writers are saying that Firestar needs to apologize for being a cop, so I'd say they should remember the reason WHY Firestar never joined the X-Men.
    Wait, is this because she was an Avenger...?