Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Villains like Emma and don't apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They must really hate Hank and Logan.

Ummm....now that I think of it, them hating Hank probably doesn't have anything to do with him being an Avenger.

Okay they must really hate Havok and Rogue? No?

Okay they must really hate Freedom Force. Right?

https://cdn.imgbin.com/24/3/2/imgbin...ymx1FhqtXn.jpg
    Storm was an Avenger too, don't forget her :P.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Yes she has. In Generation X. In Young Allies. And it seems anytime they appear together (where they BOTH aren't cameos). But happy to have her been a torn in Emma's side. The Queen will still reign.
    While she does apologize in Generation X:

(Generation X#59)

She definitely wasn't apologizing in Young Allies:

(Young Allies#6)

She's practically saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Including other X-Men or Mutants who have been Avengers/worked for the government...so, like, Freedom Force, X-Factor, the Unity Squad, etc.

Duggan actually wrote the Unity Squad so that feels like a weird comment coming from him.
    We're also talking about the same X-Men accepting a terrorist like Mystique, and a genocider like Apocalypse, but apparently being an Avenger who wasn't even part of AvX is the worst crime.

Maybe some fans are trying to find something else to get pissed at besides Wanda, so Angelica's next .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I mean, all the X-Writers are saying that Firestar needs to apologize for being a cop, so I'd say they should remember the reason WHY Firestar never joined the X-Men.
    Fr, Duggan sayin she is a cop makes me roll my eyes

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    It turns out there is one thing the X-gene does not grant forgiveness for-Not rape, assault, genocide or murder, but instead working for the Avengers! /s

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

And why hasn't other members of the mutants confronted her on this? Emma i mean? I would think Jean, Kurt and Rogue would have something to say about Emma's past actions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    And why hasn't other members of the mutants confronted her on this? Emma i mean? I would think Jean, Kurt and Rogue would have something to say about Emma's past actions.
    Okay, I mean emma has done some crappy stuff, but the island has Mastermind...Gorgon before he got reset....Dakken...there's a long list of people they are just kinda being cool with in some books that doesn't make any sense, no matter how much some people might say "Mutant solidarity, they put it all aside because future of the race"

I'm just sitting her grateful the Cortex-Lost Storyline was at least that and not trying the same with say, Mastermind or Dakken and one of the people they raped.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    It turns out there is one thing the X-gene does not grant forgiveness for-Not rape, assault, genocide or murder, but instead working for the Avengers! /s
    Shame but true lmao

BANNED

So, to summarize:

Firestar, as you know, originated in Spider-man and his Amazing friends. Seeing she was popular, Marvel made her into a comic book character meant to attract teenage girls. They made her into a mutant and put her on the X-side, where she was taken in by Emma Frost who gaslighted and psychologically abused her to make her into an assassin to kill her rival Selene. Old School Emma did not care about her children. Firestar was her weapon.

She destroyed the girl's relationship with her father to increase her dependence on her and her own. Even though her father genuinely wanted to reconnect with his daughter. She also burned the girl's horse to make her look like a danger to others so she can't run. Also, Empath tried to Purple Man her.

And Emma tried to have her arrested by the Freedom Force for being an unregistered mutant as punishment for leaving her. Since fleeing Emma, she had never been on another mutant team. (Except for Amazing X-Men, but we won't talk about that.)

Has Emma ever apologized for any of this?
    When has Emma ever apologized to anyone for the the crap she did especially to Jean Grey?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    When has Emma ever apologized to anyone for the the crap she did especially to Jean Grey?
    Never really. Honestly I think this thread was more about people complaining that Firestar shouldn’t be on the X-men because she’s not an X-character and probably should have been titled “Why Firestar hasn’t been on the X-men” Although she was for a bit on Astonishing iirc? I think it’s just backlash to the backlash to Firestar, between some sections of X-fans calling her a cop because she was on the Avengers and some sites commentary on her inclusion in the polls, and the X-editor’s statements giving off some “The only true Jews are the ones who support Israel” vibes.

Unless of course, you're Wolverine, Havok, Storm, Rogue or whoever else, then all's forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    As much as Emma has done shady bullshit, I think the X-Men should worry more that the likes of Apocalyse, Mystique, Daken, Sinister, Selene, Mastermind, Empath, Destiny and whoever else are in Krakoa lol.

Never really. Honestly I think this thread was more about people complaining that Firestar shouldn’t be on the X-men because she’s not an X-character and probably should have been titled “Why Firestar hasn’t been on the X-men” Although she was for a bit on Astonishing iirc? I think it’s just backlash to the backlash to Firestar, between some sections of X-fans calling her a cop because she was on the Avengers and some sites commentary on her inclusion in the polls, and the X-editor’s statements giving off some “The only true Jews are the ones who support Israel” vibes.
    Stuff like that kinda makes me hope Firestar wins, just so those people won't get happy.

Yes I'm very when fans act like this lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Unless of course, you're Wolverine, Havok, Storm, Rogue or whoever else, then all's forgiven.

As much as Emma has done shady bullshit, I think the X-Men should worry more that the likes of Apocalyse, Mystique, Daken, Sinister, Selene, Mastermind, Empath, Destiny and whoever else are in Krakoa lol.

Stuff like that kinda makes me hope Firestar wins, just so those people won't get happy.

Yes I'm very when fans act like this lol.
    Agreed although why the likes of the stated above should be a part of the nation is still a "wha" to me. But I guess Moira also wants serial killers to be treated as equals in society. Its very weird. Like I get Emma but Shaw, and I get Erik but Sinister? Like who is vetting this.

Astonishing Member

I mean, all the X-Writers are saying that Firestar needs to apologize for being a cop, so I'd say they should remember the reason WHY Firestar never joined the X-Men.
    That would imply that the head of unironic mutant!EITC could have ever erred when their already retconning how bad she was in the Hellfire club

Firestar deserves another chance with the X-Men.

She's been associated with the X-Men for longer than she was an avenger.

If anything she's a new warrior. She was mentally abused by Emma so of course she didn't want anything to do with the mutant establishment.

However when she was an xman she really enjoyed her time on the team and even said she was an xman forever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Storm was an Avenger too, don't forget her :P.

While she does apologize in Generation X:

(Generation X#59)

She definitely wasn't apologizing in Young Allies:

(Young Allies#6)

She's practically saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" here lol.

We're also talking about the same X-Men accepting a terrorist like Mystique, and a genocider like Apocalypse, but apparently being an Avenger who wasn't even part of AvX is the worst crime.

Maybe some fans are trying to find something else to get pissed at besides Wanda, so Angelica's next .
    That Generation X meeting looks more like a non apology...she says she should be apologizing then ramble off into woe is me over the death of the Hellions and being given a 2nd chance. She never says "I'm sorry for the evil **** I did to you".

Exactly, I mean, I’ve seen a lot of fans in social media saying that Firestar does not deserve to be an X-Man and nominated bc she preferred to hang out with the Avengers (as if that’s a bad thing). But they are all okies with Gorgon in the same position lmao.

They draw the line with the Avengers but I guess Hydra is just fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Starchilde; 01-11-2022 at 07:35 AM.