Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I am a 50 year old Spider-Man fan that prefers an adult Peter and one that is married to Mary Jane. I want them with children.
    Last edited by Starrius; 01-21-2022 at 12:20 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    MC2 Peter was actually a terrible mentor.

(I did a reread of Spider-Girl last year.)
    HAH! He was legit hoping his daughter wouldn't develop spider-powers! He was aspiring to be a non-mentor in the superhero way.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yeah, he was.

What’s sad is that it was Peter’s mainstream personality.
    Funny thing is that is part of what made it feel right. Pete's insecurities about his abilities as a hero exploded when he tried to figure out how to teach May how to use her powers.... then the April story happened... ooooh boy did THAT make Pete's life even more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I am a 50 year old Spider-Man fan that prefers an adult Peter and one that is married to Mary Jane. I want them with children.
    37 here, but I’ve wanted the same since I was a teenager. *sigh*

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Making his life easier is the exact reason NOT to include them.
    I like Miles and Gwen, but this is a very valid argument.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I like Miles and Gwen, but this is a very valid argument.
    This is a horrible argument and exactly the reason why Peter can never grow-up!

He's still treating things like he's still in high school!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    HAH! He was legit hoping his daughter wouldn't develop spider-powers! He was aspiring to be a non-mentor in the superhero way.
    Funny thing is that is part of what made it feel right. Pete's insecurities about his abilities as a hero exploded when he tried to figure out how to teach May how to use her powers.... then the April story happened... ooooh boy did THAT make Pete's life even more interesting.
    Yeah, I remember that one. Felt kind of bad for her, given that Peter didn't react so well to having a clone of his daughter created by one of his archenemies and hybridized with the Venom symbiote (another one of his archenemies). Understandable, but still kind of sad.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I remember that one. Felt kind of bad for her, given that Peter didn't react so well to having a clone of his daughter created by one of his archenemies and hybridized with the Venom symbiote (another one of his archenemies). Understandable, but still kind of sad.
    It's on one hand him wanting to do the right thing, but also thinking about someone he REALLY hates every time he looks at her. Pete knows it's not April's fault... but... he also knows why April exists.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's on one hand him wanting to do the right thing, but also thinking about someone he REALLY hates every time he looks at her. Pete knows it's not April's fault... but... he also knows why April exists.
    Exactly. It's sad all around.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Adult with a wife and a kid. I know he has multiple alt-future daughters but it would be interesting to see Pete deal with the responsibility of being a new father and a superhero.

Maybe even have MJ die and he has to be a solo parent (with Aunt May’s help) and he has to tell May that he’s Spider-Man and the conversations she would have with him about how she’s proud of him being a hero but his child has to come first now.

You could eventually revive MJ but have that single father period.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man is primarily for kids. The teenage version is more relatable if he's dealing with school work, bullies, crushes, an over-protective parent, being misunderstood etc. Practically every American teenage super-hero since has been, to one degree or another, a copy of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Spider-Man is primarily for kids. The teenage version is more relatable if he's dealing with school work, bullies, crushes, an over-protective parent, being misunderstood etc. Practically every American teenage super-hero since has been, to one degree or another, a copy of Spider-Man.
    As a kid I cared more about the issues of him married and an adult than when I read his high school years in the classic comics. If all it is was high school I would have never been into him because I preferred adult heroes. The fact that he was in high school in his past was cool because it shows he grew as a hero, and the fact that he started as a kid and grew into the adult he was currently was the most interesting part of deciding to follow the character and having him become my favorite.

If Spider-Man was only a high school hero, he would be very limited in appeal and it would be extremely reductive compared to what he has become by telling the story of how he grew up. It is due to his growth that he is both popular with kids AND adults. I honestly would be on the Batman forums and not even read Spider-Man if he was in high school for 60 years.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-22-2022 at 11:37 AM.

For main canon; yes, I prefer Peter as a married adult trying to balance between his responsibilities both as a man and a superhero.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    As a kid I cared more about the issues of him married and an adult than when I read his high school years in the classic comics.
    I did not.

I was a teenager reading marriage Spider-Man comics. The main appeal to me was Peter's forward progression as a character. He went from High School to College to marriage to potentially having children. People don't like high school Spider-Man so much as they like the idea of seeing Peter grow from high school to adulthood.

If I wanted High School Peter I could always read Ultimate Spider-Man and if I wanted near future adult Peter Parker, I could always read Spider-Girl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I was a teenager reading marriage Spider-Man comics. The main appeal to me was Peter's forward progression as a character. He went from High School to College to marriage to potentially having children. People don't like high school Spider-Man so much as they like the idea of seeing Peter grow from high school to adulthood.

If I wanted High School Peter I could always read Ultimate Spider-Man and if I wanted near future adult Peter Parker, I could always read Spider-Girl.
    I ironically feel like that’s limiting to Peter since it just treats all of his earlier stories as stepping stones which is another way of saying that they don’t actually matter.

Peter might as well have become Spider-Man as an adult by that point.