Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I guess I should stick to watching cartoons then.
    Well, cartoons can have soap opera and romance although I guess it's easier to avoid those that do. I tend to watch those though...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, cartoons can have soap opera and romance although I guess it's easier to avoid those that do. I tend to watch those though...
    I was making a joke.

Astonishing Member

I was making a joke.
    But you’ve made it perfectly clear your ideal form of entertainment is Peanuts - no continuing serialized story, no adult human interaction - so can’t blame him *shrug*

And if I think that Romance stories are overrated?
    You should hope for an AU where Peter gets his powers in grade school. .

Whether he's in high school or college, romance is gonna be a big part of his life.

To me, Marvel's just too repetitive in how they use it and too limited. They need to pick a lane and stick with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    But you’ve made it perfectly clear your ideal form of entertainment is Peanuts - no continuing serialized story, no adult human interaction - so can’t blame him *shrug*
    I wouldn’t call bickering with people 24/7 “adult human interaction”. I mean it is, but it’s not really mature.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn’t call bickering with people 24/7 “adult human interaction”. I mean it is, but it’s not really mature.
    You do seem to have the most...unique...definitions of things.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-28-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    You do seem to have the most...unique...definitions of things. If that's what you mean by "romance stories" and "serials," then no wonder you dislike them. However, that's not what those words mean in the real world.

But yet again, I have a feeling you already know that.
    Why are you taking me so literally? I was only talking about aspects of the Spider-Man Franchise that I felt were overrated. I wasn’t actually trying to define specific terms.

Why are you taking me so literally? I was only talking about aspects of the Spider-Man Franchise that I felt were overrated. I wasn’t actually trying to define specific terms.
    Say what you mean, and mean what you say. I, and probably the rest of the posters here, can't read your mind, so whatever you "actually" meant... is irrelevant since we don't have that information.

Astonishing Member

But Lee Ditko Spider-Man was neither nerdy, smart, nor interesting.

He was just kinda a dick.
    And this is the version of Spider-Man that all the big name writers want to work on. Slott, Waid, Soule, etc. These writers praised Steve Ditko's Spider-Man. Yet, Ditko declined to ever revisit Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You want Peter Parker to be more like a character that far less people care about, including Marvel?
    Have Jessica in a reoccurring guest appearance role(without the other Spiders) in Amazing Spider-Man, she'll quickly gain a huge following for readers. If Jessica and Peter work together (as often as he does with Black Cat) we might actually see a different side to Jessica that would be relatable with the readers... It's worked for Batwoman as a reoccurring guest in Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Have Jessica in a reoccurring guest appearance role(without the other Spiders) in Amazing Spider-Man, she'll quickly gain a huge following for readers. If Jessica and Peter work together (as often as he does with Black Cat) we might actually see a different side to Jessica that would be relatable with the readers... It's worked for Batwoman as a reoccurring guest in Batman.
    Why can’t the other Spiders show up?

Astonishing Member

Why can’t the other Spiders show up?
    Too many spiders kills the potential dialog between Peter and Jessica. Also, Miles, Spider-Gwen, and Silk share the same spider that bit Peter Parker. I want to see Spider-Characters who do not share the same origins as Parker become reoccurring guests, like Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, and Black Widow respectively.

And this is the version of Spider-Man that all the big name writers want to work on. Slott, Waid, Soule, etc. These writers praised Steve Ditko's Spider-Man. Yet, Ditko declined to ever revisit Spider-Man.
    Ditko was a strange man.

Either that or people will quickly grow to dislike her and feel she's being pushed down their throats.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Either that or people will quickly grow to dislike her and feel she's being pushed down their throats.
    Jessica has a lot of positive moments. She could fit in Peter's world very well. It depends on whose writing the character. I could see Jessica encountering Hammerhead, Tombstone, Mister Negative, The Jackal, and Morlun as part of her rogues. I could see Parker developing equipment for Jessica to enhance her venom blast...

Astonishing Member

Jessica has a lot of positive moments. She could fit in Peter's world very well. It depends on whose writing the character. I could see Jessica encountering Hammerhead, Tombstone, Mister Negative, The Jackal, and Morlun as part of her rogues. I could see Parker developing equipment for Jessica to enhance her venom blast...
    So do the other Spiders. Not that that actually matters.