Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I like both; either provide good storytelling possibilities.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Adult Peter by a mile; don't care for junior Spidey at all. For all people like to say that high school Spidey is the "true" version, unless it's Lee & Ditko, high schooler Peter somehow manages to be neither nerdy, or smart, or interesting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    Adult Peter by a mile; don't care for junior Spidey at all. For all people like to say that high school Spidey is the "true" version, unless it's Lee & Ditko, high schooler Peter somehow manages to be neither nerdy, or smart, or interesting.
    But Lee Ditko Spider-Man was neither nerdy, smart, nor interesting.

He was just kinda a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    But Lee Ditko Spider-Man was neither nerdy, smart, nor interesting.

He was just kinda a dick.
    Hmm... I think of Spider-Man: TAS... where he was in college and... well... I thought that was GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm... I think of Spider-Man: TAS... where he was in college and... well... I thought that was GREAT.
    Let Miles and Gwen be the teenage Spider-Man and Spider-Woman.

It's time for Peter to grow up and be just as capable and adult as Jessica Drew is. Jessica is a capable investigator and agent. Sure she makes mistakes sometimes, but she makes adult mistakes and has adult stories. Why can't Peter be the same. There are teenage versions of Spider-Man and Spider-Woman. Heck even Silk/Cindy is more capable and professional than Peter is as a reporter.

I kind of wanted a story where Peter finally embraces his scientific abilities and becomes a Professor or creates a new startup company. Back when I was hoping Doc Ock was going to stay kind of grey, I wanted to see the two of them doing science together.

More than anything I want Peter to be married again. There is nothing wrong with being like Reed and Sue as a married couple with Peter and MJ. There are a lot of adult stories that can be told with a grown up Peter Parker.

Above all I am sick of Joe Quesada and every writer and editor that thinks that "One More Day" is the pinnacle of Spider-Man storylines when it is actually the worst Spider-Man story ever written by a hack writer name Joe Quesada!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Let Miles and Gwen be the teenage Spider-Man and Spider-Woman.

It's time for Peter to grow up and be just as capable and adult as Jessica Drew is. Jessica is a capable investigator and agent. Sure she makes mistakes sometimes, but she makes adult mistakes and has adult stories. Why can't Peter be the same. There are teenage versions of Spider-Man and Spider-Woman. Heck even Silk/Cindy is more capable and professional than Peter is as a reporter.

I kind of wanted a story where Peter finally embraces his scientific abilities and becomes a Professor or creates a new startup company. Back when I was hoping Doc Ock was going to stay kind of grey, I wanted to see the two of them doing science together.

More than anything I want Peter to be married again. There is nothing wrong with being like Reed and Sue as a married couple with Peter and MJ. There are a lot of adult stories that can be told with a grown up Peter Parker.

Above all I am sick of Joe Quesada and every writer and editor that thinks that "One More Day" is the pinnacle of Spider-Man storylines when it is actually the worst Spider-Man story ever written by a hack writer name Joe Quesada!
    Preach the good word.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's time for Peter to grow up and be just as capable and adult as Jessica Drew is. Jessica is a capable investigator and agent. Sure she makes mistakes sometimes, but she makes adult mistakes and has adult stories.
    You want Peter Parker to be more like a character that far less people care about, including Marvel?

Astonishing Member

How about Miles and Gwen join the main cast? It feels like people are scared for Peter to develop a supporting cast.

Extraordinary Member

The Romita, Sr. years were pretty great, too (which a lot of TAS borrowed from).

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You want Peter Parker to be more like a character that far less people care about, including Marvel?
    Yeah, I'm not sure that would do much for sales, either.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

How about Miles and Gwen join the main cast? It feels like people are scared for Peter to develop a supporting cast.
    I honestly don't even like having Gwen and Miles around. They make Spidey less unique.

Part of the fun with MC2's daddy Spider-man was that he had May and April to screw things up for him. :P
    MC2 Peter was actually a terrible mentor.

(I did a reread of Spider-Girl last year.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    MC2 Peter was actually a terrible mentor.

(I did a reread of Spider-Girl last year.)
    Yeah, he was.

What’s sad is that it was Peter’s mainstream personality.

Astonishing Member

I honestly don't even like having Gwen and Miles around. They make Spidey less unique.
    It’s far too late to worry about that in a world full of superheroes.

At least with them in the cast, Peter has someone to take the load off.

It’s far too late to worry about that in a world full of superheroes.

At least with them in the cast, Peter has someone to take the load off.
    Making his life easier is the exact reason NOT to include them.

Astonishing Member

Making his life easier is the exact reason NOT to include them.
    Welp, I hope you get used to whiny, manchild Peter then cause I see no reason why they would get rid of him.