Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Adult Pete. Up until recently we have almost been getting exclusively teenage adaptations. I think too much ground is being retread at this point, to the extreme where writers will take recent ASM stories and adapt them into a high school setting in a cartoon. I love the Lee/Ditko era and Ultimate Spider-Man, but you can only do so much when your main character is stuck in high school. Also as other people are saying, adult Pete has a much better supporting cast. I also like when Peter is one of the more experienced heroes.

Astonishing Member

As an adult now, I vastly prefer the '60s show and Spectacular to any other solo Spider-Man cartoon. In the movies, college-aged Peter always seemed right to me. Maybe because they picked up that the character had most of his most iconic moments when he was in college. In the comics, def as an adult. That said, across all media, I can see high school Spidey selling better than any other version. I mean, they're trying to reach the younger generation who will be the future spenders on the character, not the old 30+ fans who will spend money on him no matter what.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I prefer Adult Peter if he's treated like an adult- not in a constant state of arrested development career-wise and personal-life wise.

Astonishing Member

I still remember not liking at all Ultimate Flash compare to 616. or how the moment Peter stood up for himself to his bullying and accidently broke his arm, his family sue the Parkers. I'm curious if they dropped the lawsuit once Ben the breadwinner got murdered. yeah as far as supporting cast, I prefer the Adult Peter supporting cast because to be honest, alot of them in the early Ditko jerks were complete jerks to Peter. The only time I find myself not liking his supporting cast in his adult life was BND. I feel so bad for Peter living with Vin and Michelle, thats why him getting a room mate like Boomerang was a nice change, Fred was nicer and more entertaining despite being villain.

High-school Peter. Far more charming than adult Peter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    What is your opinion, its funny how every adaptation of Spidey, almost all of it always goes back to high school with some exceptions like the PS4 game that has him a full adult with bills. I admit, I very biased on reading about adult Peter and his supporting cast due to well I'm sick of high school tropes. I got into Spidey in my childhood and was exposed to the 94 animated series that focus on Peter college life and I was reading the comics that had a married Peter and I was and still am a fan of the marriage and MJ, I was crushing on MJ and second Felicia back when I was that era. I admit, I was in my sophomore year and well Ultimate Spider-man 1 by Bendis Bagley came and well regretfully didn't pick it up and it wasn't until years later I did. my reason. well I wanted to read about adult Peter with adult problems because high school for me sucked and I dont want to be reminded of that especially reading about Peter who's high school life suck alot more than mine did, so I just kept reading JMS Amazing. There's also some adult Peter life that was too damn depressing to read like BND which Big time was a nice change. I also liked the supporting cast in adult Peter life more, especially the development of Flash. I'm bias to read about the Flash who military experience and how Spidey action shape him made him a better person who actually grew to respect and befriended Peter and with a backstory that explains why he was such a jerk in the early days. Well this is the thread for those here who wants to give there two cents here. What you perfer, reading about Peter in high school or you rather read watch about Peter in his adult life? I figure it would be a interesting conversation starter.
    I have had enough of High School Peter. Here is something to think about. Gwen died in 616 over half a century ago ( long before many of us were born), and Marvel in the MCU and cartoon are STILL doing Peter in High School stories. Besides that what is the purpose of Miles ( besides diversity) if you are using Peter instead of Miles as the teenage Spider-Man?

Spectacular Member

I have to be honest: Peter Parker dealing with homeworks, class routines and things like these is my guilty pleasure. I love to see him struggling not to be late on dates and having to study at night because he just came back from a fight... And that's why I loved Ultimate Spider-Man. But I also appreciate adult Peter Parker being a teacher or a scientist or whatever.

Astonishing Member

The thing that I care most about is having a concrete timeline.

He starts in high school and then ages up.

I think the thing that soured me on Adult Spidey is that he’s not allowed to grow beyond that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

College-aged, preferably in Grad School.

My introduction to Peter Parker was through the 90s animated series. The Raimi movie only had Peter in his senior year of high school during the first act of the first film, so for me I've always identified him as being an adult. I've said it before but the Insomniac games has been my ideal interpretation of the character as far as adaptations go.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Adult Peter.

I rather see Miles go through High School than Peter. It's less of a diminishing returns and could break new ground.
    Miles Morales and Anya Corazon through the High School genre. Although, I would rather see Miles return to the Ultimate Universe while Anya Corazon represent the Marvel-616 High School storytelling as they have done with Ms. Marvel's Kamala Khan.

I want to see the Adult Peter Parker's adventures and close allies comprised of Julia Carpenter, Jessica Drew, and Natasha Romanov as far as non-Spider-Man created characters go as a reoccurring guest appearance respectively.

Adult Peter married to MJ.

We have 20 years of that in the comics over several hundred issues and what adaptations have we seen other than being glossed over in ITSV and TAS? It's a crime.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Adult Peter married to MJ.

We have 20 years of that in the comics over several hundred issues and what adaptations have we seen other than being glossed over in ITSV and TAS? It's a crime.
    Yeah, and even TAS ultimately had it so that the MJ Peter married at the beginning of the final season was a clone all along and literally evaporated in front of him . . . which in retrospect kind of reminded me of one of the 101 Ways to End the Clone Saga where everything that had happened in the last decade was actually a simulation by Mysterio using virtual reality, including the marriage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I think a better question would be "How old should Peter be allowed to get?"

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    As an adult now, I vastly prefer the '60s show and Spectacular to any other solo Spider-Man cartoon. In the movies, college-aged Peter always seemed right to me. Maybe because they picked up that the character had most of his most iconic moments when he was in college. In the comics, def as an adult. That said, across all media, I can see high school Spidey selling better than any other version. I mean, they're trying to reach the younger generation who will be the future spenders on the character, not the old 30+ fans who will spend money on him no matter what.
    I don't think how old or young Spider-Man is matters to kids. Kids will watch anything as long as they think it is entertaining and we've been selling adult heroes to kids for a long time.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-11-2022 at 09:27 PM.

I like them both but I guess I have a slight preference for college or young adult (early 20s) Peter