Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm glad this is happening because at this point i feel about as beat down about this as i'm sure they do and i'm just a bystander. The costume never really bothered me one way or the other but it obviously truly bothered some.
    Same here, the dress was just a dress, but the gloves and mask were the weird accompaniments that don't work

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Have to say that I loved the green dress as it was drawn by some artists -- Neal Adams, Dave Cockrum John Byrne and Jim Lee. I preferred the belt being yellow -- not black. I do think it is too dated to use as a contemporary outfit, but it still beats that dreadful orange/blue rag she wore on the TV show!
    Lol that was just some Baywatch-Robocop crossover probably inspired by Michael Jackson's Dangerous album

there could have been ways to make this costume work (see image), but they did not even care or try. The costume was some in-house marvel joke at the expensive of the fans...nothing more!

fe69fd3f70e940c5bf21be5a3172d9e6_1608101382216.jpg

No idea what the problem with Jean Grey is. I'm afraid a little misogyny has to do with it.
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-12-2022 at 06:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Hickman said there was something he was hinting towards..no idea what it was, but it probably got scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I don’t mind the dress but what was the reason? Could’ve swore there was supposed to be some sort of explanation.
    " I will say go back and look at the most famous time she put this costume back on. That should help." - Hickman
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...e-marvel-girl/

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    " I will say go back and look at the most famous time she put this costume back on. That should help." - Hickman
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...e-marvel-girl/

Jean is Dark Phoenix? Unless I've got my timelines mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Jean is Dark Phoenix? Unless I've got my timelines mixed up.
    I think it was Hickman was saying that the Jean in this era would be fully Jean and not be tangled up with Phoenix stuff. Why she needed be in the dress to do that is beyond me.

Jordan D. White was later more specific regarding why Jean chose to enter the Krakoan era wearing her vintage Marvel Girl costume: "This is the costume that she put on when she rejected the Phoenix."

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

I believe he was referring to this scene from Phoenix Resurrection:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Good

It'd be like reverting back to Tony Stark's original outdated tinman armor. I get there's a fine line with being overly reactionary when it comes to kowtowing to fan backlash, but I dunno, felt like a case where they just wanted to double down lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jordan D. White was later more specific regarding why Jean chose to enter the Krakoan era wearing her vintage Marvel Girl costume: "This is the costume that she put on when she rejected the Phoenix."

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

I believe he was referring to this scene from Phoenix Resurrection:

Well, I think Hickman forgot about "X-Men: Red" then and that she wore something else a few years after rejecting the Phoenix Force....

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Well, I think Hickman forgot about "X-Men: Red" then and that she wore something else a few years after rejecting the Phoenix Force....
    I completely agree.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

It also makes no sense cause the Phoenix was the one who put her in the dress in that scene...

Dauterman:

So is that it or is that the Gala costume? Can’t tell the difference.

Here is is in comparison to the original Gala outfit

The cape is missing and her back is covered. The floaty metal bits are gone. Her open heels are now closed shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.