Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    Agreed 1000% @confuzzled . When they said characters would be changing outfits often in this era, I was beyond excited for it. But I can honestly only remember Emma doing it often enough( which is totally in character for her anyway) and...I wanna say Storm did it, also, at some point? Did she wear the 90s white outfit again, or was that only on a cover?

But Jean should've 100% worn the NXM costume at some point. Psychic Rescue 2 would've been a good opportunity for it, she and Emma should've rocked their NXM costumes
    I believe Storm wore her 90s outfit in Children of the Atom and obviously switched to her Gala outfit later.

Jean wore her X-Factor costume in one issue of Hickman’s X-Men and showed up in her 90s outfit in one issue of SWORD. She also got to use the green version of her X-Men red costume in the two Giant-Size issues she was in. So surprisingly she switched outfits more than most characters (aside from Emma), but it doesn’t feel like it because most of her time was still spent in the dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    lmao! Try making a respectful and persuasive case for Hellion. Doing so works wonders!
    Well, I’m not on Twitter so I can’t pester Al Ewing and Dauterman about Cable’s current look which IMO is a huge step backwards and very generic 90s and uninspired (with the big shoulder pads, pouches, etc.)… but… if I was, I’d suggest looking at the Casey/Ladronn run and especially after he re-acquired his psimitar which they introduced during that run. He had some great streamlined looks including this one…

40E20329-CEF3-403D-9780-0F7455CCA2CF.jpg

I also liked Kid Cable’s redesign by Schiti for S.W.O.R.D. That was a great streamlined and modern look for the character, even if it was a younger version that I wasn’t fond of.

But I’m happy for you, Mercury. I know how much you’ve hated that damn dress. If anyone wants to put in a word on Twitter with RD about Cable needing an update I’d be greatly appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Whatever Dauterman is going to design will be solid of course but I kinda hoped they return to the NXM costume. That era still feels unfinished for Jean so her wearing it again would bring about a nice sense of continuation. Also it feels fitting for the Krakoa era (climate notwithstanding).

It fit the New X-Men era but I think it would look out of place on a public Superhero team with the rest of the X-Men. I think she needs something more colorful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But I’m happy for you, Mercury. I know how much you’ve hated that damn dress. If anyone wants to put in a word on Twitter with RD about Cable needing an update I’d be greatly appreciative.
    Here I thought I had been measured in my response to the dress, lol. I mean, aside from it being regressive and goofy-looking, I’ve disliked it—and the regression to the old codename—because several times the point was made that Jean had renounced both. However, I’ve hardly gone on about disliking either the way others have.

In either case, it does feel good to completely trust what a writer is doing with Jean.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I'm glad this is happening because at this point i feel about as beat down about this as i'm sure they do and i'm just a bystander. The costume never really bothered me one way or the other but it obviously truly bothered some.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Here I thought I had been measured in my response to the dress, lol. I mean, aside from it being regressive and goofy-looking, I’ve disliked it—and the regression to the old codename—because several times the point was made that Jean had renounced both. However, I’ve hardly gone on about disliking either the way others have.

In either case, it does feel good to completely trust what a writer is doing with Jean.
    Well, congrats to you and the other Jean fans who hated that dress even more than you casually disliked it then. Either way. I’m happy for you and hope her new look is as awesome as Storm’s.

Now I just need RD to put some focus Nathan Summers’ look next. Since he’s doing the covers for X-men Red, it’s a distinct possibility that he will and that has me excited. My dude needs an updated and more iconic look. His Olivetti designed one with a “X” on the chest was a pretty good iconic look, if not all that streamlined (still had big shoulder pads and pouches and was a little clunky). But I think RD can do better.

They probably just change the colors of the dress to yellow and black..

hi-lo-yellow-with-black-lace-satin-flower-girl-dress-for-juniors.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post

Imagine if they just inverted the green and yellow. I would respect the high-quality troll lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    LOL the second Hickman leaves the dress is gone.
    LOL

I'm glad they aren't wasting Dauterman great designs. Now put him on interiors

Wait, I’m confused. The tweet says that RD is making a new dress for Jean. So I take it Jean’s new costume will be a new dress instead of a bodysuit?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Wow, some dowdy opines here.

The green shift dress and heeled knee high boots are au Courant.

But enjoy the return of your clunky headgear.

I don’t mind the dress but what was the reason? Could’ve swore there was supposed to be some sort of explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post

Charlie Brown is that you?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I don’t mind the dress but what was the reason? Could’ve swore there was supposed to be some sort of explanation.
    Hick said that there was a reason for her wearing that dress, and that he is disappointed that fans didn’t figure it out yet.
    Something about the first time she wore that dress..

Astonishing Member

Have to say that I loved the green dress as it was drawn by some artists -- Neal Adams, Dave Cockrum John Byrne and Jim Lee. I preferred the belt being yellow -- not black. I do think it is too dated to use as a contemporary outfit, but it still beats that dreadful orange/blue rag she wore on the TV show!