Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default The dress is being put to rest...

Gerry Duggan just confirmed:

We had [Jean's] new RD dress ready to rock post Gala, but you don't fucking play Freebird when the crowd is yelling to play Freebird. Anyway, debuts this month. it's great. It's Russell so you know it's the fantastic newness.
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...93251212382209

In case some of you thought berating creatives online gets you what you want any faster...😂🤣😂🤣😂

Also, he just liked a tweet in which I suggested the following, along with sharing some pages:

@GerryDuggan You simply must bring this back. After all, @cracksh0t admitted that psionic energy absorption is still a part of Jean's power set, teasing, "whether she will start using it, that remains to be seen." It's time. #PinkForm
    https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...59411924312071

Her era is just beginning...
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Why is this a separate thread instead of being part of the Jean thread? Genuine curiosity. I'm glad they're retiring the dress, it doesn't necessarily have to be as bad a costume it is, it's just not usually drawn well.

Thank the Gods!

And the psionic vampirism is questionable unless handled well. Punching out Galactus was sus enough as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Why is this a separate thread instead of being part of the Jean thread? Genuine curiosity. I'm glad they're retiring the dress, it doesn't necessarily have to be as bad a costume it is, it's just not usually drawn well.
    Because I wanted it to be. I've also included the news in her thread.

Glad for her. Rubber gloves, an ugly mask and simple green dress wasn't a good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    In case some of you thought berating creatives online gets you what you want any faster...����������
    I'm still going to do this with Hellion though. Just to ensure he appears, I want to put out as much malevolent psychic energy as possible.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Glad for her. Rubber gloves, an ugly mask and simple green dress wasn't a good combo.

I'm still going to do this with Hellion though. Just to ensure he appears, I want to put out as much malevolent psychic energy as possible.
    lmao! Try making a respectful and persuasive case for Hellion. Doing so works wonders!

Because I wanted it to be. I've also included the news in her thread.

I like your energy!

lmao! Try making a respectful and persuasive case for Hellion. Doing so works wonders!
    I've been posting pictures of Hellion in his short-shorts every time Marvel's official Twitter account posts about X-Men. They can respect his persuasive body.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

LOL the second Hickman leaves the dress is gone.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

If it means people will finally stfu about the dress and talk about anything else about Jean it's a win

Yeah people harassing creators over the dress had this coming

Forget dealing with the dress...

Get cracking on turning this into a book that will not bore me to tears almost every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I've been posting pictures of Hellion in his short-shorts every time Marvel's official Twitter account posts about X-Men. They can respect his persuasive body.
    You are too cute! lmao! What picture is it?

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    LOL the second Hickman leaves the dress is gone.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the hate he got behind the dress made him nix some plans and keep it on her...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If it means people will finally stfu about the dress and talk about anything else about Jean it's a win

Yeah people harassing creators over the dress had this coming
    lol. Yeah, harassing creators is not cool. We have no idea what the hell goes on "behind the curtain." The last thing they need is to be insulted over choices that may have nothing to do with them or for which they have good reasons and maybe even plans behind.

Astonishing Member

Glad the dress is gone. Now can we address other fan complaints. Deep breath Where's my Headless Cyclopshorseman Duggan? I want that cover made reality damnit.

But no, seriously, glad this is finally moved past.

Great? I mean, I never hated the outfit but it never really made sense that she was running around in it as much as she was. There are better skirt/dress costumes out there.

Hopefully her new costume is good.