Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I've already told you I can't post the superhero codename. I started referring to him, as Prince Jason, when I found out, he had one, and was surprised, when COTG wrapped, without JR using it. I even tried what you're doing, posting cryptic questions, hoping JR or one of the creators would announce it, in an interview ..or here, on CBR...

Didn't happen, and it isn't happening here, tonight. So, you can quit your 'Prince Jason' questions. I'm sworn to secrecy, the violation of which is punishable, by reading a year of stories on That Island.

No thanks.

As I said, call him whatever you like, but, the thread is a fantasy workshop, on how to make Jason work. From your comments, it sounds like you're looking for a 'Cancel Jason, Forever' thread, ..if we're being consistent...?

So, do you prefer Sigfried, as a semi-regular, to Prince Jason? Get rid of Jason, and you'll still have Siggy left, hogging up all of Cassie, Melania and Obscure Amazon X's panel time?

I think the WW comic needs a male in the Huntress or Supergirl role, ..a similarly powered male counterpart, who isn't Superman. Jason looked to be that character, before COTG trapped him, in the Dark Dimension.
    Yes, Cancel Jason should be a thread, but then again that would give Jason too much credibility as does this thread about trying to make Jason work.

As for Siggy, I don't mind him with the exception of Diana's one night stand with him in the first arc with Cloonrad. Totally out of character, regardless of her having her own memories or not. Hell, in the Perez era she and Superman did the 'kiss' only to realize it was too soon or that they were too young and it wouldn't work out.

I don't see any examples of Diana being shown to be a person that does casual sex without thought and that is what I think about with Cloonrads approach. My opinion, they should have had a more gradual progression to the deed versus how it happened.

That's a whole other topic bro

There's a difference between the historical way a company had allowed a female superhero to own her sexuality, and the background of the character herself.

If you actually look at the character herself, and ponder what kind of lifestyle the amazons would lead, what makes you think Diana who is all about loving yourself and experiencing the world would be afraid of having a good night with a man she likes without any particular expectations? Specially considering how long Diana has been on earth.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-21-2022 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That's a whole other topic bro

There's a difference between the historical way a company had allowed a female superhero to own her sexuality, and the background of the character herself.

If you actually look at the character herself, and ponder what kind of lifestyle the amazons would lead, what makes you think Diana who is all about loving yourself and experiencing the world would be afraid of having a good night with a man she likes without any particular expectations? Specially considering how long Diana has been on earth.
    I don't have to ponder her lifestyle with other amazons, bro. I only have to think about everything that I know of her since Perez onward. And she certainly was not a one night stand type of woman.

I agree with Mel that Jason needs a moniker.

In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, I am going with a clone (but not of Diana) or a mythological clockwork android (lol) created by Hephaestus origin. And he’d become friends with Achilles, Siggy (whenever he makes it to mortal realm) and Trevor Barnes. They’d all share a townhouse in Diana’s fictional city.

I never found Jason appealing as Diana’s twin based on the importance of Diana’s origin, in story and in cultural relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I don't have to ponder her lifestyle with other amazons, bro. I only have to think about everything that I know of her since Perez onward. And she certainly was not a one night stand type of woman.
    What's wrong with me using the term "bro"?

Wonder Woman's characterization wildly varies depending on the writers. And this is Rebirth Wonder Woman, not Perez Wonder Woman

What's wrong with me using the term "bro"?

Wonder Woman's characterization wildly varies depending on the writers. And this is Rebirth Wonder Woman, not Perez Wonder Woman
    Then show me her characterization from rebirth where she is a one night stand person.

Unless we are good friends, not sure about the bro part.

Then show me her characterization from rebirth where she is a one night stand person.
    I don't know what you mean by "one night stand person" but clearly she likes to have fun.

"and Meghara and Evrayle, I don't even know..."

All right fellow fan, I'll avoid it. I didn't mean anything wrong by it but I can respect the fact that you dislike it.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, I am going with a clone (but not of Diana) or a mythological clockwork android (lol) created by Hephaestus origin. And he’d become friends with Achilles, Siggy (whenever he makes it to mortal realm) and Trevor Barnes. They’d all share a townhouse in Diana’s fictional city.

I never found Jason appealing as Diana’s twin based on the importance of Diana’s origin, in story and in cultural relevance.
    Call him Mr. Wonderful, a magical version of Amazo, created by Cale and a magical being/deity, who channels whoever is controlling him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Pretty sure no one cares about whatever Jason's codename might have theoretically been in some hypothetical unwritten story.
    I second that motion.

Call Jason “Wonderfella.”

Lol.

Honestly, I'm bristling with the possibilities of Diana, Etta, Col. Steve and Sigfried being the regular/semi-regular cast, ..while I'm squarely ready to let Jason go. Seeing as how there's a Batgirl, Supergirl, Aquagirl, Miss Martian and Hawk Girl, in other comics, it doesn't make any sense that WW comic fans can't have a similar character, who happened to be a male counterpart or brother-figure for Wonder Woman. I had hopes for him, once, but just don't see him, as essential, in a comic, ..that doesn't know how to best use characters, it already has.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Pretty sure no one cares about whatever Jason's codename might have theoretically been in some hypothetical unwritten story.
    Well...codename or no codename, clearly someone cares about what Prince Jason is called, or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The thread is 'Try to make Jason work'. I think many of our fellow postors have actually made a respectable effort to do that, instead of just shooting down everything, anyone else has suggested. Their ideas - our ideas - are deserving of discussion and consideration, and if you're not here to do that, ..I'm not sure why you're on the thread or what you hope to contribute.

I'll indulge that Jason may be superfluous or unnecessary, considering that Cassie - once the Wonder Girl, who could be you - certainly is.

I'm sorry; would that be a grown woman, with a healthy, active sex-life, who isn't married and doesn't have any kids? I don't see anything wrong, with anything that happened, between Diana and Siggy, ..and who says it was only ONE night. Read that story, again, and it's easy to see she might have tapped that thing, two, three, four, five times...EVERY night, she was in Valhalla. Who says she wasn't banging the boots off Mr. Dragonslayer, for several weeks...?

And what's wrong with that, if she was? Show me characterization, from Rebirth, where Wonder Woman is somebody's mami or wife or where she owes any other grown people an explanation for her pursuit of raw, sweaty, heart-pounding pleasure, ..and you may have a case. Diana's Wonder Woman and getting hers; shame on Steve and the rest, if they aren't.

I hope she finds Siggy and bangs the boots off of him, again. As many times, as she wants!

Not that he should ever be in the comics again, but here are a few monikers: Punk Jason, Not so Wonderful Jason
    I just do not see how that comes anywhere close to trying to make Jason work...? This isn't the 'Cancel Jason and troll his fans' thread, which is what you are doing. I think you're in the wrong discussion and don't understand why you're still here, if you hate Jason, so much.

What's wrong with me using the term "bro"?...
    There is absolutely nothing wrong, with you using the term "bro"? You're not hurting anybody or hi-jacking anybody's culture, either.

If all of the people, from various corners of the planet, stripped off their Anglo-Dutch influenced clothing and stopped speaking English, the streets of America would be filled, with a lot of bare@$$ naked people, who didn't understand what each other were saying. Every culture borrows from another culture...every culture - has been, for tens of thousands of years...

Bro.

In the spirit of that, I hope that the WW comic, while struggling to reflect more cultural and gender diversity, sees fit to welcome a male superhuman, ..like Siggy or Jason, ..created for use in the WW comic, ..into Wonder Woman's adventures!

Call Jason “Wonderfella.” Lol.
    I like 'Wonderfella'. Fine name, Scott.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I like Wonder Boy. I mean, there is already a Superboy.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I like Wonder Boy. I mean, there is already a Superboy.
    And Kara Danvers is a grown woman, who very happily goes by 'Supergirl' - why shouldn't a mirror-universe Jason go by 'Wonder Boy'? That's a very clever idea.

The Golden Age costume is another matter.

wonderboy_goage.jpg
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I'd kill 2 birds w 1 stone continue to make him Diana's Twin and then make him Donna's long lost Father and get rid of that created to the destroye the Amazons follishness.just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Honestly, I'm bristling with the possibilities of Diana, Etta, Col. Steve and Sigfried being the regular/semi-regular cast, ..while I'm squarely ready to let Jason go. Seeing as how there's a Batgirl, Supergirl, Aquagirl, Miss Martian and Hawk Girl, in other comics, it doesn't make any sense that WW comic fans can't have a similar character, who happened to be a male counterpart or brother-figure for Wonder Woman. I had hopes for him, once, but just don't see him, as essential, in a comic, ..that doesn't know how to best use characters, it already has.

Well...codename or no codename, clearly someone cares about what Prince Jason is called, or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The thread is 'Try to make Jason work'. I think many of our fellow postors have actually made a respectable effort to do that, instead of just shooting down everything, anyone else has suggested. Their ideas - our ideas - are deserving of discussion and consideration, and if you're not here to do that, ..I'm not sure why you're on the thread or what you hope to contribute.

I'll indulge that Jason may be superfluous or unnecessary, considering that Cassie - once the Wonder Girl, who could be you - certainly is.

I'm sorry; would that be a grown woman, with a healthy, active sex-life, who isn't married and doesn't have any kids? I don't see anything wrong, with anything that happened, between Diana and Siggy, ..and who says it was only ONE night. Read that story, again, and it's easy to see she might have tapped that thing, two, three, four, five times...EVERY night, she was in Valhalla. Who says she wasn't banging the boots off Mr. Dragonslayer, for several weeks...?

And what's wrong with that, if she was? Show me characterization, from Rebirth, where Wonder Woman is somebody's mami or wife or where she owes any other grown people an explanation for her pursuit of raw, sweaty, heart-pounding pleasure, ..and you may have a case. Diana's Wonder Woman and getting hers; shame on Steve and the rest, if they aren't.
    Dammit, now I wanna see a panel of Siegfried entering a comatose state while after spending a weekend with Diana, which would happen to most beings who were that lucky.

There is absolutely nothing wrong, with you using the term "bro"? You're not hurting anybody or hi-jacking anybody's culture, either.

If all of the people, from various corners of the planet, stripped off their Anglo-Dutch influenced clothing and stopped speaking English, the streets of America would be filled, with a lot of bare@$$ naked people, who didn't understand what each other were saying. Every culture borrows from another culture...every culture - has been, for tens of thousands of years...

Bro.
    Now that was nice to read. Thank you