Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Try to make Jason work

Okay, this is a Herculean task, but whatever, let's discuss. Take the basic idea behind Jason (Wonder Woman's twin brother raised in secret because of his gender that Diana doesn't learn about until she's an adult) and make it work somehow.

I wonder say not to his gender. That not all Amazons hated men. Rather what if Ares wanted Jason instead but could never find him

He's from an alternate universe who accidently got sent here.

He then dies on his way back home.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-10-2022 at 08:59 PM.

I had forgotten Jason existed, I was happier 10 seconds ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

2 ways:

1. He's an alternate Diana

2. He was born pre-Themiscryia, Hippolyta thought he died during birth but it all was A LIE. He was brought back to life by Ares or some magical deity and used as their champion. The baby daddy is Hercules.

Jason is the son of Zeus and Queen Hippolyta

hippolyta zeus.jpg

Diana is the daughter of Queen Hippolyta

hippolyta z 2.jpg

Jason's mother can either be the New 52's blond Hippolyta or Empress Hippolyta from Dimension Chi, in either case he's only Diana's mystic twin born of an imposter.

He is Diana's half brother on her father's side. Like Lennox and Milan.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-10-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Jason is the son of Zeus and Queen Hippolyta

hippolyta zeus.jpg

Diana is the daughter of Queen Hippolyta

hippolyta z 2.jpg

Jason's mother can either be the New 52's blond Hippolyta or Empress Hippolyta from Dimension Chi, in either case he's only Diana's mystic twin born of an imposter.
    Making Prince Jason the twin brother of a Diana, from a parallel universe, is probably the best way to go. I don't think there is a way to fix him, considering what an abysmal start, he got in Mr. Robinson's run. I predicted there would be an action figure, and HeroClix made the figurine, ..but, beyond that, he's a big nothing-burger.

jason_heroclixfigx.jpg
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-10-2022 at 08:36 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    2. He was born pre-Themiscryia, Hippolyta thought he died during birth but it all was A LIE. He was brought back to life by Ares or some magical deity and used as their champion. The baby daddy is Hercules.
    That would make him into Diana's brother and nephew, so that's very much like Greek mythology .

Wasn't New 52 Hippolyta, alongside the rest of the New 52 Amazons, revealed to be fake? Or was that undone? I'm not keeping up with DC lol.

Well, I guess revealing that Jason was fake all along would be a way to fix Jason .

I’m just here for the snark.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Prince Jason needs a superhero name. I don't think it helped, that he never got one, in that first big story, pitting him against Darkseid and introducing him to the Justice League...all that. Jason never got a cool handle, like Steel or Huntress, and that's a shame. Without it, he felt temporary...unfinished.

James Robinson never shared why he didn't get around to giving Prince Jason, a superhero name. I'm told he had a fairly obvious one, related to Jason's Stormish powers, picked out, but, some loudmouth on Twitter trashed it, early on in the run...

And that was me. It was entirely unintentional, but, I did that. Whoops!

Anyway, ..whether he's a clone, a dream or a twin, from a parallel universe, Prince Jay needs a proper superhero codename to be taken seriously, in a comic. Without it, even with a cool story, written by a clever writer, ..he's nothing.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-10-2022 at 09:04 PM. Reason: content
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Either he's from an AU or an aftereffect of the lies. Donna's current origin could also work for him - Diana’s clone created as a weapon against her but rescued by her and raised as her little brother. But to work he needs to be reworked in general not just his origin. His looks and powers are way too similar to Superman, Shazam and other male heroes, so I'd make him a shepeshifter instead and change his design into something sexy. Like Zagreus from Hades.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wasn't New 52 Hippolyta, alongside the rest of the New 52 Amazons, revealed to be fake?
    Yes, all of Femyscira (Fake/Themyscira) was created by the gods to keep Diana from finding her way home. It was a lie and Jason has to be a lie too. He takes up space from better characters.

The problem is our Hippolyta welcomed him and gave him a magic spear. She confirmed the story already, which makes it harder to retcon it as false.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Either he's from an AU or an aftereffect of the lies. Donna's current origin could also work for him - Diana’s clone created as a weapon against her but rescued by her and raised as her little brother. But to work he needs to be reworked in general not just his origin. His looks and powers are way too similar to Superman, Shazam and other male heroes, so I'd make him a shepeshifter instead and change his design into something sexy. Like Zagreus from Hades.
    They've kept the clay origin for Donna? At this point I expected her to get the original one, y'know, saved orphan or whatever lol.

Yes, all of Femyscira (Fake/Themyscira) was created by the gods to keep Diana from finding her way home. It was a lie and Jason has to be a lie too. He takes up space from better characters.

The problem is our Hippolyta welcomed him and gave him a magic spear. She confirmed the story already, which makes it harder to retcon it as false.
    I think his story is revealed before Infinite Frontier, and if I'm not wrong, that story is another-nother middle finger to continuity, so, I dunno, they could say that Hyppolyta was the blonde one and she dyed her hair that day .

Also I realized a while ago that Superman lacks an ******* character named Jason, unlike Diana and Batman, and he also lacks ice villains, unlike those two as well, so it's about time he gets both, maybe have an ice villain called Jason even .

I wouldn’t mind seeing him again. I don’t think we would die to have him being related to Diana. I think he just needs to have a more supporting role than lead.