Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hippolyta has enough canon children; Diana, Donna and Nubia. In my head canon, she's also the mother of Hippolytus.

So I would instead make him the son of Antiope and have him as one of the rare male members of the Bana Migdhall tribe.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There's a couple ways I can think of to do this:

1) He's the product of rape between Hyppolita and Hercules. Needless to say, she has no desire to keep a child that is the product of rape. Let alone a male one. So one of the gods takes him and keeps him until he comes of age.

2) He is the product between an affair between Hyppolita and Zeus before Diana was formed and because men are forbidden on the island, she gave him away to one of the gods who gave him to a fisherman.

Honorable mention: Hyppolita forms a half formed baby from clay but never finishes it for whatever reason. One of the gods takes it and makes it a boy.
    Assassinate Putin!

Hes the twin brother of Donna Troy and together they are the Wonder Twins and their blue monkey is the mutated son of Gorilla Grodd.

Another idea is that hes a son of a God who lost his power and tries to claim his godhood but his thinks taking down Diana will do it, also he goes by Strong Man.

Oh Jason. Sigh forever.

I'd just have him be another child that Hippolyta had back in the day, either before or after living on the island. Now, I have a hard time seeing the true Hippolyta willingly sleeping with Zeus, but I wouldn't even seriously mind Zeus being Jason's father if it meant that we could just shovel all this demigod stuff onto him, while Diana gets her own separate distinct clay origin. If DC thinks the Zeus origin is so friggin' great, then Jason is welcome to have it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I really don't understand what they wanted to do during Robinson's run. They tried to reaffirm what Rucka had implied as "the lies": Daddy Zeus and Brother Jason, then Willow Wilson erase Jason and refer to the clay's origin as the creation of WW.
    Solution: Say that everything that happened during Robinson's was a bad dream caused by Oblivion.
    My strong suspicion is that someone up high on the WB/DC decision-making branch was doggedly hanging onto the Zeus origin at the time, and even now continues to do so, in order to keep synergy with the DCEU. Which, yeah, is pretty ironic/silly/backwards considering that the movie likely only forced in the Zeus origin in order to keep synergy with what was the comics origin at the time...and also like, who even cares about the DCEU anymore at this point lol. The editorial branch of the WW offices seem more competent and put-together nowadays than they've ever been before, but this remains the one scab they won't pick at, likely also because Conrad and Cloonan don't seem particularly incentivized to do so.

...The downside of which is that this one single discrepancy in Diana's backstory continues to spread out and muddle the backstories of every single other character in her franchise, from Cassie (whose father Lennox doesn't technically exist anymore) to Donna (created by Amazons who never existed) and even Hippolyta and Nubia as well, so every writer who handles them nowadays has to do the narrative equivalent of politely ignoring the fact that these characters' origins haven't made any sense for about ten years .

He was created by Wonder Tot (who needs to come back as the WW equivalent of Bat-mite or Mr. Mxyzptlk.)

First let me say there should never be a Jason. Horrible. Up there with daddy zeus.

The only way i can stomach him is to play him off as a sort of spiritual sibling ( in name only)

This works with the concept that the Multiverse still exists, creating new Earths all the time to reflect the new continuities ( revealed in Doomsday Clock, no idea if it still stands) , making him from Earth 52. Some cosmic event trandports him to the current Earth, where he thinks that Diana is his sister, etc. Everything seems similar, but he's confused by the differences between his faint memories of that Earth and what hebsees on this Earth ( dimensionsl travel, foggy memories, whatever) But as the story progresses we find out the truth and he goes back to Earth 52 ( we never see him again) to his sister from that Earth and it's reality ( Nu52 Diana) He and our Diana remain friends and she sees him in a similar way Earth 1s Batman viewed Earth2sHuntress, a sort of " family member"

That, or he's a mystical leftover from the fading Nu52 Amazons, somehow left behind on the current Earth when "Rebirth" reality sets. Again a sort of sibling in name, since his mother was from the nu52 and those Amazons and Daddy zeus, while the real Diana and her Amazons reflect Rebirth ( and hopefully going back to the clay birth/ no daddy zeus)

And then Jason goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    He was created by Wonder Tot (who needs to come back as the WW equivalent of Bat-mite or Mr. Mxyzptlk.)
    Ive always thought of Wonder Tot as such. Then the Impossible Tales makes some sense...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Wonder Tot (who needs to come back as the WW equivalent of Bat-mite or Mr. Mxyzptlk.)
    Didn't that already happen in Wonder Woman 778?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Jason's superhero name should be Argonaut. Maybe make him Cassie's dad? Currently Cassie is described as Zeus's granddaughter, but we don't know which of her parents is Zeus's child. I assume its her dad, but writers may have retconned her mom to be Zeus's kid. Heck, when was the last time Cassie's mom showed up in a comic?
    I wish I could share it, with you, my fellow Kangaliers...can't - not even in a PM. Sworn to source secrecy!

I can tell you, it wasn't as WAY cool, as 'Argonaut' or as fun, as 'Mister Wonder', ..but, most of us here should be able to figure it out, because it's pretty on the nose and a little dorky. Don't storm my building with deductive queries, inviting me to say, "It wasn't this or that," either.

I know my Kangaliers!

James Robinson went through Twitter Hell, taking a job, writing the WW comic ..and his enthusiasm about Jason. In spite of that, he has expressed interest in bringing Prince Jay, back in a story, and I hope he gets the opportunity. I'm sure he'll drop the codename on us, he had in mind, or a new and better one, if he does.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-12-2022 at 08:07 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

If it wasn't "Wonder Brah" then it should've been.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    We need to forget this thread and Jason altogether. Let the memory of him fade away!
    I mean, you ain't lying....

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I mean, you ain't lying....
    Do you need Prince Jason in the comic, with Siggy coming back? A Siggy/Col. Trevor rivalry should be pretty entertaining ..and maybe, the only thing, that could make Trevor remotely interesting.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Male Amazons created by Hephaestus. The king and Hippolyta got together and had a son. Diana is given her original origins. They formed the royal family. Kick Zeus out the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Male Amazons created by Hephaestus. The king and Hippolyta got together and had a son. Diana is given her original origins. They formed the royal family. Kick Zeus out the picture.
    But like, why? What purpose does that story serve?

The amazons are a feminine (and potentially lesbian) fantasy. What purpose does her having a male child with a dude serve?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    But like, why? What purpose does that story serve?

The amazons are a feminine (and potentially lesbian) fantasy. What purpose does her having a male child with a dude serve?
    A treaty, maybe with Gods, Demons, Aliens, or other creatures. Oh maybe hes a son of a Kryptonian and an Amazon, if hes the son of Jor-El and Hippolyta that makes him...lol.