Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I really don't understand what they wanted to do during Robinson's run. They tried to reaffirm what Rucka had implied as "the lies": Daddy Zeus and Brother Jason, then Willow Wilson erase Jason and refer to the clay's origin as the creation of WW.
    Solution: Say that everything that happened during Robinson's was a bad dream caused by Oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I wouldn’t mind seeing him again. I don’t think we would die to have him being related to Diana. I think he just needs to have a more supporting role than lead.
    There is something editors and writers of serial works (TV shows, comics, etc) used to call 'recurring characters' - Steel, Huntress, Azrael, etc. Some of them appear less frequently, than others (ie; Flamebird, Lucy Lane, Kristin Wells Superwoman), and some, those appearing more frequently, might be called semi-regular (ie; Supergirl, 60s TV Batgirl and ALL major super-villains). I think Prince Jason, a Wonder-twin brother from a parallel universe, could be one of these less frequently used recurring characters, in the Wonderverse.

Basically, he'd show for a team-up or high-stakes, multi-part story, ..after being gone, long enough, that his appearance would be a surprise. He'd do his Storm-thing, at some crucial turning point in the story, and return to the Dark Dimension or wherever, with fan-honors. Further, with a clever writer, Jason would put back to his box, leaving fans wanting just a little bit more.

Lots of popular characters started out, as recurring characters! The recurrence of the semi-regular variety was almost always driven, by fan requests - once, hand-written letters. I think this would be fair for Jason, going forward; if there's a swell of interest in him, let the fans decide, if we see him, again, and how frequently. That's certainly more agreeable to me, than what comic editors do, today - ask some celeb writer want he/she wants to do, and let him stick, whoever he wants, at the center of the comic...

Even a character, NOBODY likes!

Prince Jason's got to earn his way, like the rest.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-11-2022 at 08:17 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The obvious answer to Jason is to make him from another dimension, that way his story isn't necessarily changed to something else (a burden all too often thrust on Wonder Woman side characters...Donna, Cassie, Nubia...how many origins have they all had?) Maybe even make him a leftover from the lie, he wanted to live and took on form.
    Yes also to that he needs a code-name. I do not want him to have Olympian though, if anyone that should go to Cassie. Argonaut? My other problem is that I actually like the Gail Simone creation of Achilles, who they also tried to name Olympian but then got stuck with Warkiller (horrible name.) and would really like to see him back in action (if for nothing else than his way awesome two-trunked elephant.)
    Maybe a good name for Jason would be Chimera. This would give him the opportunity to exist on his own and the possibility to build a character that's not necessarily universally hated.

I'd make Jason Diana and Steve's son from Earth 2.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Make her Diana's son

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The obvious answer to Jason is to make him from another dimension, that way his story isn't necessarily changed to something else (a burden all too often thrust on Wonder Woman side characters...Donna, Cassie, Nubia...how many origins have they all had?) Maybe even make him a leftover from the lie, he wanted to live and took on form.
    Yes also to that he needs a code-name. I do not want him to have Olympian though, if anyone that should go to Cassie. Argonaut? My other problem is that I actually like the Gail Simone creation of Achilles, who they also tried to name Olympian but then got stuck with Warkiller (horrible name.) and would really like to see him back in action (if for nothing else than his way awesome two-trunked elephant.)

Maybe a good name for Jason would be Chimera. This would give him the opportunity to exist on his own and the possibility to build a character that's not necessarily universally hated.
    Well, Mizuno, WonderScott and I have been batting an idea around, re-envisioning Gateway City, as a port city for characters, like Wonder Woman - travellers from pulpy lost civilizations, alien worlds, parallel dimensions, mystical realms and time-travel! In such a place, Prince Jason, the Golden Age Wonder Woman, Wonder Tot and Sargon the Sorcerer ..could walk the streets, together, ..spied upon by ARGUS agents, while slipping away, for bizarre, unimagined adventures!

Basically, building on the weirdness of the Amazons and of Wonder Woman, which Dr. Marston built-in, way back in the Golden Age, ..this would make an iconic city for Wonder Woman, ..the X-files Capital of the DCU.

Anybody here ever watch the recently cancelled SUPERGIRL TV show, on CW? Conceptually, Supergirl's iconic city, National City, was a gateway, for space aliens and other metanormals. It was everything Mizuno, Scott and some of our fellow Kangaliers have imagined for a Wonder-town. Jason could have walked right into National City, magic abilities and all, and fit in, marvelously well, ..on TV or in the comic!

I think Jason can work in the Wonderverse, under certain narrative conditions, like a port city of the weird or something, similar, ..which don't presently exist in the comic. I think the Wonderverse needs more imagination, creating a stage, upon which a Prince Jason makes sense.

jason_heroteam.jpg
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-11-2022 at 09:50 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Well, Mizuno, WonderScott and I have been batting an idea around, re-envisioning Gateway City, as a port city for characters, like Wonder Woman - travellers from pulpy lost civilizations, alien worlds, parallel dimensions, mystical realms and time-travel! In such a place, Prince Jason, the Golden Age Wonder Woman and Wonder Tot could walk the streets, together, ..spied upon by ARGUS agents, while slipping off to more pulpy
    That would never work at DC. It's too good an idea. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    That would never work at DC. It's too good an idea. lol.
    IKR! It's just makes way too much sense. Ha'ha-haa...

Astonishing Member

Prince Jason needs a superhero name. I don't think it helped, that he never got one, in that first big story, pitting him against Darkseid and introducing him to the Justice League...all that. Jason never got a cool handle, like Steel or Huntress, and that's a shame. Without it, he felt temporary...unfinished.

James Robinson never shared why he didn't get around to giving Prince Jason, a superhero name. I'm told he had a fairly obvious one, related to Jason's Stormish powers, picked out, but, some loudmouth on Twitter trashed it, early on in the run...

And that was me. It was entirely unintentional, but, I did that. Whoops!

Anyway, ..whether he's a clone, a dream or a twin, from a parallel universe, Prince Jay needs a proper superhero codename to be taken seriously, in a comic. Without it, even with a cool story, written by a clever writer, ..he's nothing.
    Jason's superhero name should be Argonaut. Maybe make him Cassie's dad? Currently Cassie is described as Zeus's granddaughter, but we don't know which of her parents is Zeus's child. I assume its her dad, but writers may have retconned her mom to be Zeus's kid. Heck, when was the last time Cassie's mom showed up in a comic?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Jason's superhero name should be Argonaut. Maybe make him Cassie's dad? Currently Cassie is described as Zeus's granddaughter, but we don't know which of her parents is Zeus's child. I assume its her dad, but writers may have retconned her mom to be Zeus's kid. Heck, when was the last time Cassie's mom showed up in a comic?
    Hey, there's an idea. With Lummox out of the picture, Prince Jason, even one from a parallel world, would be a nice fill-in for Cassie's dad. Maybe, he could be a twin from a parallel world, who has been living on this Earth, as a normal human, ..only using his powers, on the down-low or in places, no one thinks to look for superheroes.

That's a GREAT idea, King '92!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-11-2022 at 09:56 AM.

. . . I don't think there is a way to fix him, considering what an abysmal start, he got in Mr. Robinson's run . . .
    Did Robinson create him, or was that Geoff Johns who was originally responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did Robinson create him, or was that Geoff Johns who was originally responsible?
    I think it was John's. I prefer Myrina Black and Grail over Jason.

Nothing. A male Wonder Family member should be more like the bronze age Vatrox. Someone that challenges gender norms just as well as Wonder Woman is supposer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think his story is revealed before Infinite Frontier, and if I'm not wrong, that story is another-nother middle finger to continuity
    Yeah, that could be an easy way out, but I want other stuff like the Amazon Embassy and their tech in Man's World to remain. It felt like we were finally making progress in their mission and advancing the status quo.

AMAZON TECH MAGIC SPHERE GPS.jpg

I would have Jason be from an alternate universe where he's actually a trans man version of Diana.