Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Actually they do read comics, just not american ones. I can go to my local bookstore and see manga on more shelves than sci-fi or Mystery. The only thing thats matching Manga on the amount of shelves space are the young adult novels.

Xmen mostly have an older adult audience because either we are from the 80s heyday of the xmen or we grew up with Xmen: TAS (me). Anyone younger probably knows the xmen only from the movies which are a mixed bag. One of the great downsides of American superhero comics being these endless stories means its just not newbie friendly. There is always the eternal debate on where the heck does a new reader start? Manga makes it simple. Pick up Vol 1 of a manga and read it till the end and most Manga stories are finite in nature. Theres a start and finish (outside some popular never ending stories like One Piece).
    And even one piece will eventually end....and I think the final issue of OPwill probably be a mirror of the first one with old Luffy giving the hat to the new generation of troublemakers.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not True to a certain point.

They do boost trades. That is IF you have something in trade with whoever is in that movie.

Yeah where is Ultraverse at? Milestone? New Universe?

Lets not forget Action Comics and all those anthology comics are not in trade.

George Perez's 1996 Teen Titans run is not in trade and might be the only series of his NOT in trade.

Also how many POC do not have stuff in trades??? Steel is on the Superman show on the CW-his 5 year comic book run is NOT in trade.

Because every single TIME Marvel or DC has tried to promote BEYOND the comic book store-who throws a HUGER hissy fit?

Marvel tried something with Mosaic at Barnes & Nobles and you though Marvel committed treason with the pushback they got.

Dc tried the 1000 pagers and both do 3-4 comic book packs-guess who took issue with it? You know how many times I have seen those 100 pagers at Target? ONCE Wal-Mart? NEVER. 3-4 packs? Marvel ONCE-DC a few times.

Comic book fans want to be gatekeepers and keep folks out. Look at how many dismiss trade sales. Almost every single comic that attracts hate are among the top trade sellers
    Alright remembering I won't be able to ever read any ultraverse comic or milestone comic ever again piss me off immensely.....arrrrghh

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm honestly seeing less and less teenagers reading X-Men nowadays.
    Not just for the X-men, but comics in general -- if true, good on them. There is hope for the future yet.