Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The mightiest MARY MARVEL 2022 appreciation thread

Every time Mary Marvel is referred to as "Mary Marvel" in a DC comic book published in 2022, an angel gets their wings.

Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Mary Marvel

Happy New Year to Mary Marvel and her fans! Hope her Shazam tenure goes well .

Happy New Year, Mary Marvel!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Like the western theme outfit Mary wears on Issue #28.

MaryMarvel28.jpg

^^^That's a wonderful image you posted. Too bad it was the final issue, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-14-2022 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

MaryMarvel28.jpg
    It would be cool if she could style her uniform in any manner she wanted when saying Shazam. Actually, she probably can, but most writers probably don't realize it.

MaryMarvel28.jpg
    I love Mary in a skirt, but she looks good as a cowgirl .

MaryMarvel28.jpg
    Haha, I never saw that outfit before, but I like it. Mary looks very good in it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

We have Mary Marvel being called Mary Marvel in a 2022 DC comic book (Justice League Incarnate 5):

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    We have Mary Marvel being called Mary Marvel in a 2022 DC comic book (Justice League Incarnate 5):

She’s been called that in that whole minis series, plus the mini series before this one, from 2021.

Anyway I am watching the new season of Young Justice and they have decided to go with the angriest, most unpleasant version of Mary possible? And are setting her up for her terrible "thrall of Apokolips" Final Crisis version? What the heck...

Also YJ Mary turns into a big version of Mary, like she did in the Shazam movie, which I am not a fan of. I generally like YJ's takes on DC characters but not this time.

Has anyone ever seen an interview with Morrison where they explain why they did what they did to Mary? "Evil Mary Marvel" seems like the kind of thing Morrison would find ridiculous if anyone but Morrison did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She’s been called that in that whole minis series, plus the mini series before this one, from 2021.
    Quite true! Though my interest is in tracking when it happens in 2022 in this thread, since this is the 2022 appreciation thread.

Extraordinary Member

Anyway I am watching the new season of Young Justice and they have decided to go with the angriest, most unpleasant version of Mary possible? And are setting her up for her terrible "thrall of Apokolips" Final Crisis version? What the heck...

Also YJ Mary turns into a big version of Mary, like she did in the Shazam movie, which I am not a fan of. I generally like YJ's takes on DC characters but not this time.

Has anyone ever seen an interview with Morrison where they explain why they did what they did to Mary? "Evil Mary Marvel" seems like the kind of thing Morrison would find ridiculous if anyone but Morrison did it.
    “Black Mary” was the one thing (in look) I liked about Countdown.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

IGN Comics: And what about Supergirl? She's had a lot of trouble connecting with readers since her return a couple years back. How do you plan on making her work in the story?

Morrison: Well as far as I'm concerned, I have her in Final Crisis to fight Mary Marvel. That's the main thing she's in there for. [laughs] But I know that Geoff and James Robinson have a big role for her in the Superman books. So I don't want to get into anything they might be up to with the character, because I don't actually know.
    So the idea in Final Crisis was to present her as that cool, kind of switched-on, connected young girl up against Mary Marvel, the insane, threatening, f**ked-up, shaved-Britney girl. And let them fight it out.
    http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.c...risis-and.html

I dont mind corrupted Mary Marvel but YJ hasn't given us enough of her to care.