Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Punchline is going to be Tynion's most successful character he co-created during his tenure on Batman.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Punchline's design from Future State
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Punchline's design from Future State
    Same basic design, just shorter hair and somehow a little edgier...

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same basic design, just shorter hair and somehow a little edgier...
    Seems less edgy to me, without the holes in her costume and the emphasized bust.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Seems less edgy to me, without the holes in her costume and the emphasized bust.
    That makes it seem more "serious" to me.

Her backup in Joker is starting to drag, but I have been enjoying it. Especially when Belen Ortega draws it.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I like how Punchline plays with the idea of a celebrity villain. Someone who thrives every time they are given more attention.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Her backup in Joker is starting to drag, but I have been enjoying it. Especially when Belen Ortega draws it.
    The length of it seems to be the big issue, with 8 pages per month simply not being enough to juggle between Punchline’s machinations and Bluebird trying to figure out a way to stop her.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    The length of it seems to be the big issue, with 8 pages per month simply not being enough to juggle between Punchline’s machinations and Bluebird trying to figure out a way to stop her.
    Oh I agree fully, the scope of the story that Punchline is so much more than what we've been shown. Plus I kinda wish that Tynion and Johns used the Joker Annual to tell more of Punchline so the story could breath a bit more and feel less compressed, like Tynion did in Batman Annual to finish the Ghost-Maker backup.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Oh I agree fully, the scope of the story that Punchline is so much more than what we've been shown. Plus I kinda wish that Tynion and Johns used the Joker Annual to tell more of Punchline so the story could breath a bit more and feel less compressed, like Tynion did in Batman Annual to finish the Ghost-Maker backup.
    I think that would have been better, too, though I admit I find the Rosenberg flashback stuff, while gorgeously illustrated by Francavilla, not really worth it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Cool! I think this is her first outside media appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cool! I think this is her first outside media appearance?
    I believe that's right. DC Legends has so many characters, though - 174, 176 after next month, and they add two per month, usually. But I am actually pretty excited to see how she plays, and how the Talon plays, too. I think they do a really good job at art design, too, making their characters look really appealing.

I picked up the one shot earlier this week. Where's the continuation? The Joker backups?

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    I picked up the one shot earlier this week. Where's the continuation? The Joker backups?
    Yes, in the Joker backups.