Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

what is the backstory to this woman? How did she come to be a Joker sidekick? Is she designed to last?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, in the Joker backups.
    Thanks!

I obviously haven't been keeping up. Are there plans to put her stories in a trade, like the JLD backups are getting?

Kind of strange: I despise Harley, but find Punchline fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is the backstory to this woman? How did she come to be a Joker sidekick? Is she designed to last?
    I'd read the Punchline one-shot. It pretty much puts it all out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Thanks!

I obviously haven't been keeping up. Are there plans to put her stories in a trade, like the JLD backups are getting?

Kind of strange: I despise Harley, but find Punchline fascinating.
    I assume they'll collect the one-shot and the backups all together in one trade.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I would recommend reading her backstory in the Joker 80th Anniversary 100 page book. The Punchline one shot gives some backstory, but it's much clearer in the Joker story.

I'd say she's designed to last - they've put her in the DC Legends mobile game already.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

She's a joker fangirl who became his sidekick. Her backstory is that she started a conspiracy podcast about the joker. It spiraled to her joining the joker's side, starting a war in Gotham, gaining her own legion of loyal fans, and getting put on trial for her crimes.

I think she's designed to last. The concept of a villain that's basically a celebrity who uses her crazy fans to do evil is fun to play with.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume they'll collect the one-shot and the backups all together in one trade.
    Keeping my fingers crossed they go that route. I'll definitely pick it up if they do.

Incredible Member

It looks like a collection of the Punchline special and her back-up from The Joker is slated for release in September: https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781779517968

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    It looks like a collection of the Punchline special and her back-up from The Joker is slated for release in September: https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781779517968
    Makes sense .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Wait, what is "Urban Legends #950"? I don't recall Punchline being that big a character in any Urban Legends story - what did I miss in my desperately bored skimming of that mess of a title?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Guess I should have waited to pick up the Joker 80th anniversary special since I only snagged it for Punchline. Definitely getting this though for the Joker backups.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Wait, what is "Urban Legends #950"? I don't recall Punchline being that big a character in any Urban Legends story - what did I miss in my desperately bored skimming of that mess of a title?
    I think that is just an error in the listing. She hasn't appeared in any Urban Legends issues, nor is she currently slated to as far as solicits have indicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Guess I should have waited to pick up the Joker 80th anniversary special since I only snagged it for Punchline. Definitely getting this though for the Joker backups.
    Yeah, I grabbed the Joker special for the same reason, as I had my doubts they'd include the story in any potential Punchline collection. I'm glad to have been wrong.

While I've been reading both Joker and the Punchline back-ups, I'm definitely gonna grab this collection to have the story all together in one place.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How old is Punchline today? for my timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How old is Punchline today? for my timeline
    She's supposed to be 21 last I heard

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay so she's Tim Drake generation if he's ever allowed to grow up

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay so she's Tim Drake generation if he's ever allowed to grow up
    I was about to say it makes the sidekicks being younger than her kind of funny .

I remember people debating how old Harley was when certain stories placed her being active around the same time Dick was active as Robin.