0 0%
  • Grail

0 0%
  • Dr Cyber

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which WW Villain Could Star In An Ongoing? And What Would It Be About?

Title says it all.

Inspired by a discussion in the Rouges Gallery thread.

Cheetah - finding ancient artifacts and helping readers understand DC's mythology particularly the Greek, Egyptian, and Aztec pantheons. She also could be coming to grips with her curse and turning it to a positive to benefit personal needs. She can also have more encounters with Diana's other rouges that aren't one-page cameos.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Astonishing Member

As stated earlier, Cheetah would be an easy one. Basically an anti-hero Indy with Cheetah powers. It practically writes itself.

And just because I'm a fan of the Harley cartoon on HBOMax, I'd actually really love a show/series about Dr. Psycho learning how to be less of a misogynistic dick. It would obviously lean more towards the comedic side like the Harley show.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Cheetah's the only WW rogue who could realistically support a mini-series (let's not even pretend any of them could have a full-fledged ongoing).

Circe, Giganta, and Dr. Psycho could get a one-shot, maybe. The rest? Not a chance.

Dr Psycho and Giganta could make for really cool series. I feel like Blue Snowman is in the tipping point to becoming an actually cool character, heck, let her stick with Harley Quinn as well as appearing in Wonder Woman stories.

Cheetah is the most famous villain, but the only one I wanna read about is an update of Priscilla Rich. Don't care much for Barbara Minnerva.

Barbara has the most potential as already brought up, it's pretty much evil Indiana Jones. Only version of Priscilla I would see working would be Alex Ross' Justice version.

Circe also if someone wanted to delve into her backstory and potential history with the Amazons.

Pyscho's profile's been raised because the HQ show but he's bit too much of a caricature and mainly works as a foil against someone else. Plus it'd probably just involve Harley, so Dead on Arrival.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Cheetah's the only WW rogue who could realistically support a mini-series (let's not even pretend any of them could have a full-fledged ongoing).

Circe, Giganta, and Dr. Psycho could get a one-shot, maybe. The rest? Not a chance.
    I disagree regarding Circe only being able to get a one-shot. Both Trinity and Justice League Dark gave Circe some pretty hefty backstory, and both comics made her a big bad capable of some pretty intricate plans and backup plans. I think Circe could easily support a miniseries with her connections to Greek mythology, Wonder Woman, the Amazons (presumably), and the magic corner of the DC Universe.

Circe also had connections to other DC villains that a miniseries could explore. I would love if Everyman became a Circe henchman again.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Cheetah - finding ancient artifacts and helping readers understand DC's mythology particularly the Greek, Egyptian, and Aztec pantheons. She also could be coming to grips with her curse and turning it to a positive to benefit personal needs. She can also have more encounters with Diana's other rouges that aren't one-page cameos.

The book could also tell the history of the 4 various Cheetahs and their battles with Diana throughout history. First Priscilla, then Debbie, then Sebastian/Sabrina, and Barbara.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Vanessa and her way to redemption would be a good miniseries. Her meeting with Valerie who would help her free from the control imposed by the Good Doctor, some help of Diana herself. The end would be the rise of a new Silver Swan, with Psycho involved. The "new" villain would be Helena of course, the wife of Cizko.
    By the way I imagine Valerie happily married to Maxine and Helena and Cizko in a toxic and effermic relationship. Which is one of the funniest moments that I love about Helena and Cizco in the pre crisis.

For an ongoing, I think Barbara Cheetah would be best. She's Lara Croft with superpowers, so you can go all-out with the boobytrap filled tombs.

You could probably give Debbie a good ongoing by making her an echo-terrorist who suits ups as Cheetah every time she sees an environmental injustice. And you could probably have some super dramatic Shakespearian drama with Pricilla, though I think that type of story would work better as a mini than an ongoing.

Circe could have a good ongoing as well I think, though maybe a mini-series would be better. Something that predates her time in Diana's life and goes into detail about her relationship with the Amazons, or whatever she was doing pre-Diana.

Silver Swan, Ares and Dr. Pyscho would also be good mini-series candidates I think, but not ongoings.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not sure about an ongoing, but I'd LOVE a Cheetah mini-series by Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott.

Cheetah. I'd send her on a killing spree against gods from different mythologies and have her meet and befriend other people who were turned into beasts by them (like Arachne, Lykans, ect.) Get Liam Sharp on the book and it would be perfection.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I hate that this is only a one option vote. I voted for Giganta, but agree with the Cheetah ideas as well in a Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones vibe. Giganta at one point was recruited by SHADE to basically be a monster hunter type. This could be quite a fun story for her, she could also be pulled into tomb raider style stories as well.

Veronica Cale, Dr. Psycho - Kind of corporate takeover/experimenting on people/monsters for power.

Angle Man, Blue Snowman - Watch one of them try to come up with plans for the ultimate heist

I feel like an Angle Man series has alot of potential. Hes gone from crime lord to agent of Ares to suave master thief. Could use his whole 'work for hire' schtick to the advantage of fleshing out other Wonder Woman rogues in which he either teams up or works for them to help further their own villainous schemes and making a run for it when things go south.
    Plus the way his powers work would be visually quite interesting.

In terms of other stuff id love to see a mini-series or one shot going into Blue Snowman. As far as I know all we ever got as backstory for her over the years was how her father created 'blue snow' to combat global warming only to die pennyless because big business saw it as detrimental to their efforts, leading to her taking up a life of crime for revenge. Id love to see that explored.

Likewise id love to see some effort put into Zara, though im less sure what an exploration of her origin would be about exactly. As I recall her origin had some pretty dark implications.