0 0%
  • Grail

0 0%
  • Dr Cyber

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would love to see a comedic miniseries about forgotten "loser" Wonder Woman villains (Angle Man, Mayfly, Crimson Centipede, The Mask et al) trying to move up through the ranks of DC supervillainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Likewise id love to see some effort put into Zara, though im less sure what an exploration of her origin would be about exactly. As I recall her origin had some pretty dark implications.
    It sure did. I re-read her first appearance not too long ago and I do think it runs the risk of being culturally insensitive. But in the right hands, I think Zara's backstory of abuse and enslavement could be really compelling. She's certainly one of my favorites of the lesser-used Golden Age villains.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Title says it all.

Inspired by a discussion in the Rouges Gallery thread.
    Voted Giganta.
    Likable villains like her are always interesting. What she gets up to in between WW appearances is rife w. possibilities. Given how her origin’s flip flopped over time, that’s another topic that could be exploited by a good writer.

Other would be Egg Fu.
    Not sure if anyone knows who Grey Seer Thanquol is, but that’s how I’d play him. Fu would always be scheming and at odds w. other bad guys, some of which could easily take him out. His schemes would put in the orbit of various heroes, w.out them ever realizing it.
    Like Giganta his origin’s been all over the place. I’d love to see how someone could reconcile the major elements of each (which include Apokolips, The Great Ten, Oolong Island, etc.) into a coherent whole.

Fresh, hot-out-the-box, as is...my vote is for James Tynion's Circe, in JLD - by me, ..sometimes, called Who-Circe.

James Tynion's Circe adapts the classical story, creating the classic meta-myth of a scorned, betrayed heroine, a protectress and healer of people, who, after an unforgivable betrayal, ..turns evil and attacks us! I think he leaves the door open for 'Young Circe' tales, and you'll see that, in my blogpost...

https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...der-woman.html

My problem, with Circe, is that I'm not sure, where she and Diana find a natural enmity. We can figure that Circe, acting from our betrayal of her, sees humanity, as hopelessly contemptable. Maybe, she sees us, as possessed of NO redeemable qualities and deserving of the torment, our betrayal subjected her to - Wonder Woman, championing our potential, stands in her way. But, where does that narrative leave Wonder Woman?

Is Wonder Woman the champion of human potential or hope? Maybe. We need to see stories, pitting Diana against Circe, in which Circe's villainy forces Diana to save mankind, from itself - from showing itself to be deserving of punishment, at Circe's hands. To make that work, I would have to see Circe using her sorcery to create crises, which push human beings to destroy each other - not wars, but, unnatural crisis situations, like the Joker's 'boat vs boat' thing in THE DARK KNIGHT.

Is that Diana's mission, as an Amazon, or one that she shares, with the Amazons? I don't think so, necessarily. I think it's part of what Wonder Woman is supposed to be, her role in the bigger DCU picture, ..but, I don't think it is the summation of who she is.

Either way and all that aside, I think an on-going series, showing 'Young Circe' fleeing Olympian justice, after slaughtering the Colchistines - her time, prior to being imprisoned on Aea - could be interesting. To see her fleeing Zeus's enforcers, across the universe, into weird dimensions, ..learning powerful magic, along the way, ..would be a GREAT idea, for an on-going series. Circe, as Tynion offers, was a teenaged sorceress-healer, forcibly married to an abusive pig of a man, by a nation, who condemned her for killing him to save her own life. Her own people literally chased her into Hell...

WHAT a story!

Did she lose her baby, in the abuse? Did she have a lover, whom she wasn't permitted to marry, before Colchis stuck her with the husband, she executed? Where did she wander, after leaving Hell, with Hecate's gift of power? I think there is a story, there.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-13-2022 at 09:27 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

XD, I see our discussions have left some kind of effect, even if you still disagree. Yeah I see what you mean about Circe. There are still other reasons why I think we should market other villains instead, but I see the story potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Cheetah. I'd send her on a killing spree against gods from different mythologies and have her meet and befriend other people who were turned into beasts by them (like Arachne, Lykans, ect.) Get Liam Sharp on the book and it would be perfection.
    I support a Cheetah book but I don't think Gods should be easy to kill or even 'killable' in the first place. Plus I'm tired of the 'Gods are dead' stories because they end up coming back anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I hate that this is only a one option vote. I voted for Giganta, but agree with the Cheetah ideas as well in a Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones vibe. Giganta at one point was recruited by SHADE to basically be a monster hunter type. This could be quite a fun story for her, she could also be pulled into tomb raider style stories as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Voted Giganta.
    Likable villains like her are always interesting. What she gets up to in between WW appearances is rife w. possibilities. Given how her origin’s flip flopped over time, that’s another topic that could be exploited by a good writer.
    Giganta fans unite! I voted for her as well.

I think it's because she's not quite a bad guy but also not quite a good guy either and that could be fun to explore in a series. Plus I like her relationship with Ryan Choi.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Likewise id love to see some effort put into Zara, though im less sure what an exploration of her origin would be about exactly. As I recall her origin had some pretty dark implications.
    Yeah, Zara has a very interesting hook as a character. I think being sold into slavery by her father, developing a hatred of all men in power as a result and becoming a con artist to trick people out of their money is an interesting premise. Although with Zara and her father being arab, the implications might be more problematic. If it were up to me, I would have it be that her father was forced to abandon her and he later came to regret it and they both reconcile.