I'm not really keeping up with the current goings on with Spidey, but the last time I did he just lost his job as Science Editor of the Daily Bugle (practically when he first got it), which I thought was a real shame. While I thought editor was a bit high up the ladder for someone who's never really done much of the writing side of newspaper work (science writer/reporter would've been better, imho), I thought this was a perfect combination of his two non-superhero worlds. While the JMS run was the last real time I enjoyed Spider-Man, I can see how being a high school teacher might age him up more than TPTB are comfortable with, especially since he's directly mentoring kids who were around his age when he first started as Spider-Man (which only highlights his age even more). But as a science reporter/writer, he could still have all the other trials and tribulations of someone perpetually in their 20s, while seemingly progressing in his life.

Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attn as previously mentioned, but it seems as if Marvel has had a hard time nailing down one specific job for Pete. Anyone have a favorite or any ideas for a new one that could maybe stick around for awhile?