Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pete's career

BANNED

At this point i view Peter as the Homer Simpson of Superheroes, has numerous joba but ultimately goes back to doing stuff he was classically iconic from to the point its pop culturally expected, like i said either a free lance worker or a photographer.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    At this point i view Peter as the Homer Simpson of Superheroes, has numerous joba but ultimately goes back to doing stuff he was classically iconic from to the point its pop culturally expected, like i said either a free lance worker or a photographer.
    Either him, or Charlie Brown.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Either him, or Charlie Brown.
    Which is very sad. Peter Parker is neither Homer Simpson or Charlie Brown. Now imagine with Monkey D. Luffy was stuck in the mindset of Homer Simpson or Charlie Brown? Luffy would not have progressed to who he is today as a character in the pages of One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Which is very sad. Peter Parker is neither Homer Simpson or Charlie Brown. Now imagine with Monkey D. Luffy was stuck in the mindset of Homer Simpson or Charlie Brown? Luffy would not have progressed to who he is today as a character in the pages of One Piece.
    And if Batman was Darth Vader he'd be more like Ghost Rider than Jack Sparrow is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    hell even ash ketchum done more progress than peter parker in these last 10 years
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hell even ash ketchum done more progress than peter parker in these last 10 years
    In what way? Seriously. I really hope you’re not talking about the Champions League cause that’s not very important.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    In what way? Seriously. I really hope you’re not talking about the Champions League cause that’s not very important.
    I lapsed as a Pokemon fan ages ago, but me and a friend of mine always figured the series should have come to an end with the second movie as Ash was able to save the entire world by mastering three legendries.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I lapsed as a Pokemon fan ages ago, but me and a friend of mine always figured the series should have come to an end with the second movie as Ash was able to save the entire world by mastering three legendries.
    Do you want Spider-Man to end?

of course its important. he became a champion
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/15/enter...rnd/index.html
    just like how peter gets reset every and brought down every time ash as well.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

of course its important. he became a champion
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/15/enter...rnd/index.html
    just like how peter gets reset every and brought down every time ash as well.
    Ash doesn’t get brought down. He just goes on a new adventure each time. Being champion isn’t worth that much.

yes it is in the context of the franchise wants to be a master but loses every tournament he participates in until that one

Astonishing Member

yes it is in the context of the franchise wants to be a master but loses every tournament he participates in until that one
    What’s a Pokémon Master? Someone who wins tournaments?

BANNED

Do you want Spider-Man to end?
    For me, Spider-Man's had several endings besides the close of the original continuity in 2007.

What’s a Pokémon Master? Someone who wins tournaments?
    That would be a League Champion. The show and the writers have never explained what a Pokemon Master is and according to one of the Pokemon wikis they want to keep it up to the imagination of the younger fans. Even the remakes of the original Gameboy and Gameboy Color games removed any mention of Pokemon Master from them.

Back on topic

I liked all of the jobs Peter has had, but photographer would probably be better for him. Just from my experience having taken a photography course, there are plenty of options for him as a photographer which doesn't have to involve the Daily Bugle. Though from an in-universe reason I can see how the Bugle probably had a negative impact on him considering Photography as a career or source of money.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I lost interest in Pokemon because Ash never captured a legendary Pokemon like, Mew for example. In addition, the producers want to keep Ash as a 10 year child. As a result, I stopped watching the show in 2002.

As far as Peter Parker goes, I do not understand why Marvel want to make him a man child. So many restrictions placed on the character to preserve the Steve Ditko legacy, which was not my favorite era Spider-Man...