Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete's career

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I find it weird how people treat being at the Daily Bugle as a career rather than just a job.

It really shows how Jameson's popularity shifted the Spider-Man universe.
    Depends on what he is doing at the Bugle. Freelance photographer...Job. Science reporter or editor with salary, benefits, etc...career.

He should be the go to photographer for the Daily Bugle.

When is Peter going to start having a podcast about science, photography, superheroes or all three?
    I'm sure people would tune in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Depends on what he is doing at the Bugle. Freelance photographer...Job. Science reporter or editor with salary, benefits, etc...career.
    Honestly, I don't think that Peter working for the Daily Bugle is important. I honestly prefer that he doesn't.

It's his "teen job". He needs a career.

Honestly, I don't think that Peter working for the Daily Bugle is important. I honestly prefer that he doesn't.

Well, at the end of the day he needs to make as much money as he can...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at the end of the day he needs to make as much money as he can...
    There’s a reason why Peter can never grow up. No one actually wants his life to change.

Astonishing Member

There’s a reason why Peter can never grow up. No one actually wants his life to change.
    Why don't you feel that working at the Bugle is important? How would you like his life to change?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    idk but its time for something to stick. Peter should be at a point where he completely balances his personal life and superhero life.
    Awesome. I love stories with no conflict.

Extraordinary Member

Again freelance photographer was his 'teen job' but why would him working at the Bugle as a reporter or editor be considered the same thing? Yes it is the same employer...but it is a completely different job.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    Awesome. I love stories with no conflict.
    While I don't necessarily think a career that sticks is a bad thing, I have to agree that a perfectly balanced personal and superhero life pretty much takes away all the appeal of the character.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Why don't you feel that working at the Bugle is important? How would you like his life to change?
    Again freelance photographer was his 'teen job' but why would him working at the Bugle as a reporter or editor be considered the same thing? Yes it is the same employer...but it is a completely different job.
    Because it’s a waste of his Biochemistry degree. While I understand that getting a job isn’t easy, he should still be looking.

The fact that he’s not seriously looking shows that he’s not serious about improving his life.

Astonishing Member

Because it’s a waste of his Biochemistry degree.
    As a former journalist, I can attest to the fact that if you want to report in a field like science, often times a degree in said field is necessary.

While I understand that getting a job isn’t easy, he should still be looking.

The fact that he’s not seriously looking shows that he’s not serious about improving his life.
    This, I can agree with. That said, I just do think there are jobs that incorporate both his background in science and journalism.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    As a former journalist, I can attest to the fact that if you want to report in a field like science, often times a degree in said field is necessary.

This, I can agree with. That said, I just do think there are jobs that incorporate both his background in science and journalism.
    I've always been an all-or-nothing guy. To me, the reason why he can never make steady progress is because he always feels he can fall back on "take pictures of Spider-Man" scam. That's why I don't want him anywhere near journalism. It feels like it keeps him lazy.

I would also prefer his work have as little to do with Spider-Man as possible. It can have zany characters but no "co-worker is secretly a supervillain". It's overused and too much of a soap opera trope.

Extraordinary Member

I've always been an all-or-nothing guy. To me, the reason why he can never make steady progress is because he always feels he can fall back on "take pictures of Spider-Man" scam. That's why I don't want him anywhere near journalism. It feels like it keeps him lazy.

I would also prefer his work have as little to do with Spider-Man as possible. It can have zany characters but no "co-worker is secretly a supervillain". It's overused and too much of a soap opera trope.
    How is being a science reporter considered 'taking pictures of Spider-Man"? That is like saying Peter shouldn't be a high school teacher because he already graduated high school.

One of the great things about it was when Bobbi got him access to that robot manufacturer then they were able to determine they were using parts of Quicksand as the operating system of their robots...stuff like that let's Peter do more than just swing around and getting into stuff. Imagine Peter Parker as the guy that companies like Roxxon dread seeing in their press conferences about their new advances.

Astonishing Member

One of the great things about it was when Bobbi got him access to that robot manufacturer then they were able to determine they were using parts of Quicksand as the operating system of their robots...stuff like that let's Peter do more than just swing around and getting into stuff. Imagine Peter Parker as the guy that companies like Roxxon dread seeing in their press conferences about their new advances.
    That'll never last because people hate for superheroes to get permanent power boosts.

It also feels weird using his superhero connections for work.