Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete's career

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That idea, that Spider-Man as the "everyman hero" can be the conscience of the superhero community, kind of reminds me of how Green Arrow was depicted in Justice League Unlimited.
    You mean that preachy guy who gets praised for doing nothing? Pass.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ah, not a Green Arrow (JLU) fan, I take it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Ah, not a Green Arrow (JLU) fan, I take it?
    Just how he was in the CADMUS arc.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    And the mad scientist types like Stark and Richards screw up worst of all.
    I wouldn't say the mad scientists types screw up worst of all. There's the times Thor has tried to take over the world, Legion trying to make the world better by changing the past, Onslaught, Dark Phoenix, Scarlet Witch's various things ...

There's probabaly some lesson here about having great power and needing to be responsible or something, but I can't think what it might be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I wouldn't say the mad scientists types screw up worst of all. There's the times Thor has tried to take over the world, Legion trying to make the world better by changing the past, Onslaught, Dark Phoenix, Scarlet Witch's various things ...

There's probabaly some lesson here about having great power and needing to be responsible or something, but I can't think what it might be.
    Clearly, the lesson is that power just isn't worth it and it'll only screw you over.

/s

Just how he was in the CADMUS arc.
    I mean, he voiced his (valid) opinion and helped with the civilians caught in the crossfire of the laser attack.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, he voiced his (valid) opinion and helped with the civilians caught in the crossfire of the laser attack.
    There are a lot of things I could say about the CADMUS arc, but overall, I don't see basic human decency as impressive.

Arguably news media are now more relevant than ever, so I've never seen it as a dead end job.
    A newspaper refusing to change is definitely a dead end job, specially since Peter is paid only like a dollar for pictures.

It's just none of Peter's science jobs have ever seemed interesting unless he's working for a Supervillain.
    True, but other jobs could work too, he seemed pretty happy when he was a teacher back in JMS' run at least, even if that can be considered a dead end job too lol.

Are you referring to when he unleashed Extremis on San Francisco, passing it off as an app that enabled its users to transform into their ideal selves, only to then charge them $100 per day for continued use of it, which sparked a massive crime wave, while he was "morally inverted" from the events of AXIS?
    What the ****? Was Stark trying to compete with Roxxon in having the scummiest company?

I mean, the League at times could talk in ways that sounds like they could become like the Justice Lords, and it's worth pointing out that having super gods with a nuke pointed at Earth, who don't answer to any government, is scary to put it lightly, even if it's obvious to point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Ah yeah, sounds like something some hero says once in a while, a hero mentored by an older guy, I think it's Firestorm?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Maybe the only way forward is to give Peter three jobs.

Astonishing Member

Maybe the only way forward is to give Peter three jobs.
    He already has two. What would adding a third job give him?

He already has two. What would adding a third job give him?
    For the people who want him to have a science/teaching job.

Astonishing Member

For the people who want him to have a science/teaching job.
    Yes, let's give him more things to complain about.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    A newspaper refusing to change is definitely a dead end job, specially since Peter is paid only like a dollar for pictures.

True, but other jobs could work too, he seemed pretty happy when he was a teacher back in JMS' run at least, even if that can be considered a dead end job too lol.

What the ****? Was Stark trying to compete with Roxxon in having the scummiest company?

I mean, the League at times could talk in ways that sounds like they could become like the Justice Lords, and it's worth pointing out that having super gods with a nuke pointed at Earth, who don't answer to any government, is scary to put it lightly, even if it's obvious to point that out.

Ah yeah, sounds like something some hero says once in a while, a hero mentored by an older guy, I think it's Firestorm?
    Yeah, pretty much, although I should take pains to mention that Stark's "moral inversion" in AXIS caused him to revert to the deeply amoral person he'd been before the events that led him to become Iron Man, only worse, since he had access to all the tech he'd developed since becoming Iron Man and no more qualms about using it to turn a profit. And yes, the DCAU Justice League becoming possibly no different from or better than their Justice Lord counterparts was a major point of JLU's Cadmus arc, not just with the Binary Fusion Generator that'd been mounted on the satellite Watchtower, but also dealing with Doomsday and Billy Batson/Captain Marvel quitting because, as he put it, "You don't act like heroes anymore." At least it ended better than Marvel's Civil War ultimately did.

Going to the subject of Peter's career, I wouldn't mind him having something combining the sciences and journalism. Something maybe like Renew Your Vows, using a VR-operated camera drone to record videos and take pictures of himself in action as Spider-Man, also usable to analyze things that he can't always handle or otherwise reach with his hands alone.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

How about Peter working at the FEAST?

It could be a great place for Peter to help people about not just as Spider-Man, but also as Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    How about Peter working at the FEAST?

It could be a great place for Peter to help people about not just as Spider-Man, but also as Peter.
    Peter working with Aunt May in FEAST would be good, if not great, too. It'd give them an excellent bonding opportunity.