Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

maybe John Romita is also the writer. Hmm?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Man, I don't want to be a dick, but I can't really get excited for JRJR art in 2022. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Man, I don't want to be a dick, but I can't really get excited for JRJR art in 2022. lol
    I want fresh visuals although I remember when they announced Ottley and Gleason for ASM and that just kind of fizzled out quick.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought he had an exclusive deal with DC?
    Dan Didio, the previous boss, got nixed last year and a lot of the exclusive deals went with him (to be fair, DC have been getting rid of guaranteed contracts in general).

On JRJR returning, I'm not a big fan of returning to safe hands. I'd rather see someone new fail than someone old return, especially for work that pales in comparison to their classic stuff. His recent DC work didn't look great, it was blocky, messy and looked very rushed. I hope returning to Spidey reinvigorates him.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Zeb Wells is the only Marvel writer that retwitted this as far as I know. Make of that what you will

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Zeb Wells is the only Marvel writer that retwitted this as far as I know. Make of that what you will
    It's basically been my ongoing prediction that Zeb Wells was going to be the ongoing writer coming out of this arc.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I can’t imagine Zeb is the full time writer and even if he’s still writing the book in March, he may just be doing a fill in arc till they get to 900. Because if he is, why did they do this whole beyond storyline…

Astonishing Member

At the very least it looks like he's staying in the spider-office

At the very least it looks like he's staying in the spider-office
    I could see him writing the Ben Spider-Man in LA book.

Spectacular Member

YES! So happy for this, he's one of my favourites alongside Bagley!

My problem with JRJR's art during his last tenure on Spidey from 2008-2009 was the combo of having Janson ink him and White color him. Janson and White are really talented but that combo over JRJR did not mesh well at all for me. It took his already looser pencils and just kept them really loose then the colors felt muddy and overdone paired with that looseness. Janson was good with JRJR before in the '80s when his pencils were tighter and heavier but there it didn't work for me.

My favorite combo is Scott Hanna inking JRJR, he really brought definition and boldness to all the linework that's exactly befitting JRJR's style. He inked him again on the 20th anniversary 9/11 short story so I'm hoping that they also feel the same and this pairing carries through for him on ASM again.

Coloring already looks better than his previous BND run, I saw the guy who colored the first Beyond issue mentioned he's coloring JRJR. If I had to guess, it does look like Scott Hanna inking him again which is good in my book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

Coloring already looks better than his previous BND run, I saw the guy who colored the first Beyond issue mentioned he's coloring JRJR. If I had to guess, it does look like Scott Hanna inking him again which is good in my book.
    Come back Ben, all is forgiven

Did Peter commit a war crime???? The hell is going on here lmao

Also this is giving me the feeling that Hickman is definitely writing this but idk

Very intriguing teaser. And Romita’s art does look great with that page.