Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Uh is that a new #1? I see "001"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so vol 6 is next
    I feel like we all instinctively knew that this relaunch was coming.
    Beyond, while a very interesting story on its own, was always meant to be a six-months-or-so stopgap between the end of Nick Spencer's run and the beginning of the next big writer's run.
    Spider Man: Beyond ends with The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 5 93, which is ASM 894 in legacy numbering.

I see three options here for what they launch with John Romita Jr. in April:

a) A five-issue event miniseries (LGY 895 - 899) to introduce the new Spider-Man status quo, followed by the ongoing (ASM Vol 6) starting with issue 1 (LGY 900).

b) A six-issue event miniseries (LGY 895 - 900) to introduce the new Spider-Man status quo, followed by the ongoing (ASM Vol 6) starting with issue 1 (LGY 901).

c) The new ongoing, Amazing Spider-Man Vol 6, starting with issue 1 (LGY 895). The sixth issue, also the end of the first arc, will be the milestone issue (LGY 900).

Option (c) is a bit like the John Ridley Black Panther relaunch, where Black Panther (Vol 8) 3 is also milestone issue 200.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 01-12-2022 at 11:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    ...Won't lie, looking at this more, this honestly reminds me of Hal Jordan sitting in the crater of Coast City after it's destruction.
    Attachment 117315
    Not the same layout obviously, but it gives off similar vibes to me.
    So like, is Queens gonna blow up and it's somehow Peter's fault? Are they gonna kill off all of his loved ones (or just Aunt May lmao) at the beginning of this new run? Am I reading too much into this? I'm so confused and fascinated right now lol
    I was thinking of a “What If?” Scenario. Peter seeing what will happen to Earth if he hangs up the webs.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The thing he is holding reminds me of the Webware device he wore on his arm during the Parker Industries (Worldwide) era. The one that housed the costume, monitored for crime, managed web fluid, etc.

Maybe whoever is writing is dealing with the previously glossed over fallout from the time Peter was world famous and had a massive company? The Spider-Armour would also explain how he survived a massive explosion.

Whatever is happening has me interested and really pleased to see JRJR's art is on form.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    The thing he is holding reminds me of the Webware device he wore on his arm during the Parker Industries (Worldwide) era. The one that housed the costume, monitored for crime, managed web fluid, etc.

Maybe whoever is writing is dealing with the previously glossed over fallout from the time Peter was world famous and had a massive company? The Spider-Armour would also explain how he survived a massive explosion.

Whatever is happening has me interested and really pleased to see JRJR's art is on form.
    Could be a possible future storyline Peter has to prevent.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Could be a possible future storyline Peter has to prevent.
    That's a really good call. Great way to hook people in without actually blowing up New York or whatever.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Best news of the day. Is this for an issue or will it be ongoing? I truly hope he gets to draw the Rhino in this run. He's drawn a million Spider-Man comics, but never drawn him in a Spider-Man comic. He drew him an issue of Black Panther and that was the best drawn Rhino I've ever seen.

Extraordinary Member

Love the art

The tease itself is interesting but concerning.It implies Peter himself did this, or had to.They will likely give an explanation but still.
    God I hope it's good

If this is him being killed off or sidelined like timeless tease suggested I'm done w/ ASM and Spider-man in comics though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Love the art

The tease itself is interesting but concerning.It implies Peter himself did this, or had to.They will likely give an explanation but still.
    God I hope it's good

If this is him being killed off or sidelined like timeless tease suggested I'm done w/ ASM and Spider-man in comics though.
    Not going to happen man, relax

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Not going to happen man, relax
    Here's hoping

Can't wait for solicits to drop and get a writer reveal because I think Jrjr has got the art in the bag

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Marvel, please don't have a storyline where Peter accidentally blows up New York...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Here's hoping

Can't wait for solicits to drop and get a writer reveal because I think Jrjr has got the art in the bag
    The advance solicits should drop Friday

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Marvel, please don't have a storyline where Peter accidentally blows up New York...
    Yeah, have him do it in purpose!

I'm inclined to think this is a possible future he's got to prevent. Or maybe stuck in a time loop? Pete trying to escape from a Groundhog's Day scenario would be fun...
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I hope the next storyline isn't him being globally hunted by other heroes, law enforcement, multiple countries' military and black ops, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope the next storyline isn't him being globally hunted by other heroes, law enforcement, multiple countries' military and black ops, etc.
    Congratulations, you're a prophet

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Zeb Wells is the only Marvel writer that retwitted this as far as I know. Make of that what you will
    I know is wrong quoting oneself but...