Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    This is true but name recognition didn't help X-Factor. While I can see people initially buying it because of Wolverine there has to be something in the book that appeals to the general audience beyond him, that keeps in the top 10 selling Marvel books after 24 issues.

Peter David's X-factor was never a big seller, so name recognition didn't help thay much. Also, inertia and name recognition helps A LOT, specially these days. Some books will sell no matter who's writing or how popular the run is.

Astonishing Member

This is why you never connect your A.I. to the wifi. Or maybe Beast put Cerbero on and drove it insane.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    This is why you never connect your A.I. to the wifi. Or maybe Beast put Cerbero on and drove it insane.
    Well, we KNOW it must be BEAST his fault. Must be.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I literally eyerolled at this thread title, the depths this title has fallen, went from being my favorite X-books to I could tell you what has happened in this title since last summer!

Astonishing Member

Bet: This happened because Beast hooked Cerebero up to the entire population of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Meh, Whedon did this with Danger already. The covers are amazing though. Hopefully Percy changes my mind.
    Forgot about Whedon doing it with Danger as well in the ‘00s, in addition to Kelly/Seagal doing it in the 90s too with Cerebro.

Having said that, you could make that gripe about a lot of X-men stories, with some variation of it having been done before in their 60 year history. “Life is but a few stories, endlessly repeated” after all…

… I just hope Percy can make this book more engaging. Like I said, I love the cast and hope it doesn’t change too much when they shake it up, and the art is great. Also, if they’re going from fighting plant people to taking out various A.I. threats that pop up around the globe, well, that’s a much better hook than fighting evil plant people.

And don’t forget Danger is allegedly showing up in Wolverine, also written by Percy. So I wonder what role she might play here, if any.

i just don't get how this is suppose to be the CIA and all the threats are internal, they may as well just be the local PD. multiple tumors, plant people, the invasion that got xavier killed, what's happening with peter, does this CIA team even know what's going on? i just can't with the ineptness anymore and now we are rehashing one of my fave stories Hunt for xavier. naw.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i just don't get how this is suppose to be the CIA and all the threats are internal, they may as well just be the local PD. multiple tumors, plant people, the invasion that got xavier killed, what's happening with peter, does this CIA team even know what's going on? i just can't with the ineptness anymore and now we are rehashing one of my fave stories Hunt for xavier. naw.
    I mean part of that is Beast and them, but especially Beast being incompetent enough fuckups that they turn external issue into internal ones. I mean they are essentially speedrunning the CIA’s Cold War incompetence. All we need now is Beast trying to kill Dr Stasis with hair remover or exploding seashells

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well, early on they were acting externally… against Xeno, Russia, Terra Verde… since then they’ve been pretty insular in their focus, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    They mention a cast shakeup and new members, but don’t show any unfortunately. And the big villain of this arc is called Cerebrax and is basically a malevolent self-aware Cerebro unit…

https://www.gamesradar.com/xforce-destiny-of-x-marvel/

The artist is pretty good, though. Looked up some of his art.
    Gill has actually been doing a lot of fill in work on X-Force, so you can already see his work on the book. He's no Cassara (that's not an insult, because he's amazing), but his style matches when it's also colored by GURU-eFX.

I'm not so sure about evil Cerebro (where is Danger, btw?) and Percy has gone off the rails, but I'm glad it looks like Forge is on the team officially! I really enjoy Forge (and Black Tom) in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, early on they were acting externally… against Xeno, Russia, Terra Verde… since then they’ve been pretty insular in their focus, I agree.
    Every time they tried to act externally they messed up and ended giving their enemies new weapons or creating new enemies....

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Gill has actually been doing a lot of fill in work on X-Force, so you can already see his work on the book. He's no Cassara (that's not an insult, because he's amazing), but his style matches when it's also colored by GURU-eFX.

I'm not so sure about evil Cerebro (where is Danger, btw?) and Percy has gone off the rails, but I'm glad it looks like Forge is on the team officially! I really enjoy Forge (and Black Tom) in this book.
    Ehhh Forge BEEN showing up on covers while doing little to nothing in the actual book.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

Danger is supposedly showing up in Wolverine, along with Deadpool. So it’s likely that one or both may make an appearance in X-Force too. And I’m glad Forge is sticking around too. When the cast gets shaken up, though, I wonder who will get replaced? Hopefully Colossus. Since he’s on the QC and Percy hasn’t done anything with him anyway. Maybe throw Thunderbird on this squad now that he’s back. That could be fun, him butting heads with Logan.

Nothing mentioned excites me at all, but I’m sure I’ll keep torturing myself, lol..

I am, however, interested in seeing who Percy brings in to fill out the roster…
    #MagnetoWasRight

Thank you, Marvel, for giving me a good jumping off point from this title
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver