Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This is probably completely irrelevant to this thread and the actual, but man I miss the Cerebro X-Men. I don't know what it was about them that hit, especially given they were essentially just combos of existing X-Men, but I would totally be down for a reveal that the nanite composite Cerebro X-Men were all based on actual existing mutants that now show up on Krakoa and have no idea why so many X-Men are giving them funny looks. (Grey King, Xaos and Rapture were my faves but I liked Mercury too).

From the Hickman era to this.

Beast’s X-Force war crimes were disturbing fiction, IMO, but it seems more interesting than this re-tread. Maybe my mind will change when I see it.
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-11-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I wonder where Josh Cassara is going, if he is not the lead artist anymore... I hope the X-office doesn't lose him!
    Probably just taking the next story arc off after finishing up his five issues of X Lives of Wolverine. I’m sure he’ll be back for the arc after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    X-Force is one of the better-selling X-books, base on the ranking we have for October only X-Men sold better so the X-Office is given consumers want they want.
    I’m not so sure this is what us consumers want, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    They mention a cast shakeup and new members, but don’t show any unfortunately. And the big villain of this arc is called Cerebrax and is basically a malevolent self-aware Cerebro unit…

https://www.gamesradar.com/xforce-destiny-of-x-marvel/

The artist is pretty good, though. Looked up some of his art.
    First destiny of x book I'm sitting out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

So we finally get the identity of the Peacock man...27 issues later... ok.

I can honestly say I don't care anymore. That plotline should have been resolved 20 issues ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Marvel gets rid of Hickman, but Percy remains with the same book, cast and reciclying 90's plots, just great. The X-office identifies with X-force because they finally have a team as incompetent and useless as they are.
    smh exactly what i thought after seeing this today..

rather read the dark evil cerebro story instead.. not pulling any percy books anymore

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    X-Force has name recognition titles like Sword or Hellions don't have, plus Wolverine on the cast.
    This is true but name recognition didn't help X-Factor. While I can see people initially buying it because of Wolverine there has to be something in the book that appeals to the general audience beyond him, that keeps in the top 10 selling Marvel books after 24 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I’m not so sure this is what us consumers want, is it?
    Outside of a few issues, I am not reading it but apparently, enough people are.

BANNED

Percy ideas in this book are so constricted within the walls of Krakoa that there is literally no scope in this book at all. This goes everything against what we read previous iterations being proactive and fighting against odds. I actually think fighting those plant people were better perhaps.
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-11-2022 at 09:03 PM.

He chooses to write long form because he's a novelist but the execution IMO doesnt fit comic books. Yes Claremont did it but he gave us other interesting things to focus and when he came back to dropped threads we were like oh damn nice totally forgot about that. Nice call back.

Percy has Peacock guy, Mikhail, and the plants stuff thats been going on for 27 issues and honestly none of it has been exciting.

His first 4 issues were great but Im like damn WTF happened here. All we're doing is meandering.

Meh, Whedon did this with Danger already. The covers are amazing though. Hopefully Percy changes my mind.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I'm not reading X-Force anymore. bye!

Immortal X-Men, X-Men Red, and Legion of X are my new favorite books already!

Bring them back

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m reminded of this from the 90s…

Cerebro has gone rogue before. Wonder if that will be referenced? I’ll have to go back and re-read that arc. Adam Kubert, Chris Bachalo and Leinil Yu art, so it was nice to look at… if not a particularly great story.
    Exactly what I thought of first as well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Any thoughts on what the "transformation" for Quire is?