Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Force in ‘Destiny Of X’ Faces Off Against an Evil Cerebro

They mention a cast shakeup and new members, but don’t show any unfortunately. And the big villain of this arc is called Cerebrax and is basically a malevolent self-aware Cerebro unit…

https://www.gamesradar.com/xforce-destiny-of-x-marvel/

The artist is pretty good, though. Looked up some of his art.

Covers…

Astonishing Member

So cerbreo want to eat brains.

I’m reminded of this from the 90s…

Cerebro has gone rogue before. Wonder if that will be referenced? I’ll have to go back and re-read that arc. Adam Kubert, Chris Bachalo and Leinil Yu art, so it was nice to look at… if not a particularly great story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So cerbreo want to eat brains.
    Hey man, if it's good enough for zombies it's good enough for Cerebro... err, Cerebrax.

Well at least it's not more plants.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m reminded of this from the 90s…

Cerebro has gone rogue before. Wonder if that will be referenced? I’ll have to go back and re-read that arc. Adam Kubert, Chris Bachalo and Leinil Yu art, so it was nice to look at… if not a particularly great story.
    The reason the X-men used Cerebra for many years afterwards.

Compared to some of the last 20 years it wasn't all that bad, though yeah definetly not great. Another example of good ideas, bad execution which could be said about many of the 90's stories (Onslaught, Operation Zero Tolerance, The Twelve, The Hill, etc.).

It was also brought up a few times here recently because of the fake X-men Cerebro created resembling the concept of Chimeras.

But yeah Cerebro going self aware and out of control has been done allready.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Well at least it's not more plants.
    Amen to that! I want to love this book. Cassara is incredible and has only gotten better, and I actually really like the cast. Even Quire has grown on me. My hope is Percy finds his stride in the Destiny of X era. Fingers crossed…

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Ugh, do we REALLY need a major transformation for QQ? Is this another power boost or new abilities again?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Mikhail has the Cerebro sword. I'm guessing it'll be more of that. Probably building up to some conflict with him given the Quiet Council book.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Marvel gets rid of Hickman, but Percy remains with the same book, cast and reciclying 90's plots, just great. The X-office identifies with X-force because they finally have a team as incompetent and useless as they are.

I think I’m gonna pass on this, but y’all gotta let us know when they finally reveal who Peacock Man is. I bought too many issues of X-Force to not know how that plot resolves.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 01-11-2022 at 08:31 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Marvel gets rid of Hickman, but Percy remains with the same book, cast and reciclying 90's plots, just great. The X-office identifies with X-force because they finally have a team as incompetent and useless as they are.
    X-Force is one of the better-selling X-books, base on the ranking we have for October only X-Men sold better so the X-Office is given consumers want they want.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    X-Force is one of the better-selling X-books, base on the ranking we have for October only X-Men sold better so the X-Office is given consumers want they want.
    X-Force has name recognition titles like Sword or Hellions don't have, plus Wolverine on the cast.

I wonder where Josh Cassara is going, if he is not the lead artist anymore... I hope the X-office doesn't lose him!