View Poll Results: What will be the best regarded MCU Film/ TV show to date?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iron Man

9 23.08%
  • The Avengers

2 5.13%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

0 0%
  • Black Panther

5 12.82%
  • Thor Ragnarok

0 0%
  • Avengers Infinity War

10 25.64%
  • Avengers Endgame

4 10.26%
  • Wandavision

1 2.56%
  • Loki

0 0%
  • Shang Chi

0 0%
  • Spider-Man No Way Home

4 10.26%
  • Other (Please Specify)

4 10.26%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I agree on the action being good but I didn't think the plot was anything that great ether as a spy movie or superhero movie the villain was boring everything else was just okay I'm glad everyone else thinks it's great but I just don't get it.
    Yah I like the Winter Soldier, but only for its action and humor. The movie sucks if you are one of the apparent few who actually care about developing Captain America's character rather than just having him be a symbol.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Winter Soldier is truly a great movie, whatever you like Marvel or not and even if you find the whole Captain America concept to be ridiculous.

I still prefer Spider-Man 2 (2004) over it but it's definitely second in my top 3 favorite super heroes movies.
    Spidey 2 is, IMHO, the best adult Spider-Man we're ever going to get. I don't think the character is going to be allowed to be an adult again for some time. Probably when I am dead! That is easily, IMHO, one of the 5 best comic book (not just super hero) movies of all time.

But this is an MCU thread! Or is it MCU adjacent now?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-13-2022 at 11:45 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I like the Winter Soldier, but only for its action and humor. The movie sucks if you are one of the apparent few who actually care about developing Captain America's character rather than just having him be a symbol.
    I think this did develop his character. It showed that he wasn't just a government prop/tool and would turn against hem for what he believed to be the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I think this did develop his character. It showed that he wasn't just a government prop/tool and would turn against hem for what he believed to be the right thing.
    Didn't that happen in Civil War, not Winter Solider? And TFA prior?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

We figured that out in TFA, when he went to save Bucky.

Civil War had the same issue as Winter Soldier, with regard to his character. Endgame showed more about his character when he officially picked up the hammer.

That wasn't nearly the same thing as what we saw here. He went against a single order and was willing to accept the consequences from those in charge when he returned.

That's not the same as outright defying an entire government organization, going on the run and bringing it all down.

That wasn't nearly the same thing as what we saw here. He went against a single order and was willing to accept the consequences from those in charge when he returned.

That's not the same as outright defying an entire government organization, going on the run and bringing it all down.
    Hydra brought it down, not Cap. Cap wasn't trying to bring SHIELD down, he just advised Fury that it had already died.

Hydra brought it down, not Cap. Cap wasn't trying to bring SHIELD down, he just advised Fury that it had already died.
    Cap specifically told Fury they were bringing it all down, not just the Hydra components. Let's not play semantics here lol.

Cap specifically told Fury they were bringing it all down, not just the Hydra components. Let's not play semantics here lol.
    Yes. He said it because it was corrupted by Hydra, top to bottom. The meaning is the same - SHIELD was dead. But sure, fine, you win.

You do realize you are talking about a one minute conversation in a two hour movie?

Yes. He said it because it was corrupted by Hydra, top to bottom. The meaning is the same - SHIELD was dead. But sure, fine, you win.

You do realize you are talking about a one minute conversation in a two hour movie?
    Well I'm also talking about his actions throughout that movie.

And you do realize that, even if we had some indication that he'd break rules before, this would still be an example of them furthering that character development, right? So it'd still be development.

I am with 80sbaby on this. It showed him adapting to the modern world and that he would not just be a "good soldier". It led the way for his actions in Civil War.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Civil War had the same issue as Winter Soldier, with regard to his character. Endgame showed more about his character when he officially picked up the hammer.
    Whaaat? Picking up the hammer just showed that he’s a legitimately good guy, which we already knew from all of the films he’s been in. That’s like saying the scene at the end of Star Wars where they get medals develops the characters because it proves that they are heroes.

Well I'm also talking about his actions throughout that movie.

And you do realize that, even if we had some indication that he'd break rules before, this would still be an example of them furthering that character development, right? So it'd still be development.
    No, it wasn't just some indication that he'd break rules. He did it during practically the entire TFA movie, it helped him get into the Super Soldier program and later it made him into the de facto leader of the fight against Hydra. It was a significant plot point and part of his character arc in TFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Whaaat? Picking up the hammer just showed that he’s a legitimately good guy, which we already knew from all of the films he’s been in. That’s like saying the scene at the end of Star Wars where they get medals develops the characters because it proves that they are heroes.
    You and I have very different opinions on the significance of being able to wield that hammer. This wasn't a participation award, lol

But I do acknowledge that the MCU didn't really cover that very well. This was more of an easter egg for the comic book readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Which is fine. So which movie do you think is the best?
    I really like Guardians of the Galaxy and IW and Dr strange

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Don't you just have to be worthy to pick up the hammer? I don't remember anything about having to be good? Haven't villains used it in the comics?