Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

This was another good read. i would give it a 3.5 out of 5. The story was good, the dialogue worked but halfway through i was kind of surprised by how simple the dialogue was. It feels like there was a lot of restraint used to make the dialogue very simple and kind of catchy but it wasn't always catchy. I can't really put my finger on it though and it's probably just me. Looking forward to the next issue though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Good week for the classic Ant-Man villains with Scarlet Beetle appearing in Damage Control and Porcupine featuring in She-Hulk

Judging by the thick beard, Porcupine was Roger Gocking, the second one. Who's actually originally a Daughters of the Dragon rogue. Not the original one from Tales to Astonish.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Judging by the thick beard, Porcupine was Roger Gocking, the second one. Who's actually originally a Daughters of the Dragon rogue. Not the original one from Tales to Astonish.
    Or just a filthy guy who has been in his suit and has not shaved and showered for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic that Ewing may be setting up, or at least setting up a path for a future series or writer, Hank’s return. I wasn’t expecting to see Scott deal with Pymtron or for Ultron to be the big baddie for issue #4. I know I’m probably getting my hopes up and will be disappointed but this is as close as we’ve come in recent years.

And are the solicitations for the final issue correct? A release date of October 5th??
    Yep! Preview: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/30/ma...iew-ant-man-4/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Real interesting how no one attributes any of the responsibility for Pymtron's existence to Vision. Vision created Pymtron and killed Victor and hasn't faced a crumb of consequences.

Uh what? Hank sacrificed himself to kill Ultron, but ended up fused with him instead. That had nothing to do with Vision.

And, killed Victor? That was Virginia, the wife he built. She was taking revenge for Victor Mancha killing Vin Vision, then committed suicide in remorse.

The suit is right out of 1963 Tales to Astonish #48. Roger never wore that suit. His is much sleeker. Alex and Roger both wore beards. It could be either one, neither one or a combination. Gentry was more insecure than Gocking and could have used therapy. Gocking was seen at Villains Anonymous in the SFOS. Did anyone catch his mask on at the end of the show? That was a directing goof. My guess is they decided to combine the Porcupines. Roger wearing Alex’s original suit. I was just glad to see the Porcupine even though he was made a joke like the other guys in the episode were. I hope this Porcupine appears in Ant-Man #3 in a more serious role. That suit just looked to damn authentic and cool to be a one off.

Mighty Member

Uh what? Hank sacrificed himself to kill Ultron, but ended up fused with him instead. That had nothing to do with Vision.

And, killed Victor? That was Virginia, the wife he built. She was taking revenge for Victor Mancha killing Vin Vision, then committed suicide in remorse.
    Oh snap, my memory actually trash.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The suit is right out of 1963 Tales to Astonish #48. Roger never wore that suit. His is much sleeker. Alex and Roger both wore beards. It could be either one, neither one or a combination. Gentry was more insecure than Gocking and could have used therapy. Gocking was seen at Villains Anonymous in the SFOS. Did anyone catch his mask on at the end of the show? That was a directing goof. My guess is they decided to combine the Porcupines. Roger wearing Alex’s original suit. I was just glad to see the Porcupine even though he was made a joke like the other guys in the episode were. I hope this Porcupine appears in Ant-Man #3 in a more serious role. That suit just looked to damn authentic and cool to be a one off.
    MCU wiki says Gentry...but does not source it. So probably still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    MCU wiki says Gentry...but does not source it. So probably still up in the air.
    I’ve seen mostly references for Gocking but there is no definite proof in any of them. The alternate earth Porcupine from the What The series has also been referenced on the net.

The problem is, the show didn't use the civilian names for anyone in that support group who wasn't already established.

The problem is, the show didn't use the civilian names for anyone in that support group who wasn't already established.
    El Aguila they did. Alejandro was said a few times.

Yeah, I didn't really like that.

Pym will NOT be coming back in the conclusion of this series. He’ll be coming back at the conclusion of The Wasp series. Just a hunch.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”