Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

I would love a new Ant-Man ongoing starring Hank. The current Ant-Man miniseries has convinced me that Al Ewing is the best writer for a series starring Hank.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Maybe a mini series with Hank leading a group of younger heroes through the Quantum Realm, like a long-term exploration.
    I'd love to see a Pym series that focuses on the whole extended group. Hank in his Dr. Pym mode, Wasp (I guess Nadia can be there as well, but when I say Wasp I mean Jan), Scott as Ant-Man, along with Cassie as Stinger (much better name than Stature), Raz as Giant-Man, Eric as Black Ant, Rita as Yellowjacket and Tom Foster as Goliath. I don't even care what the focus of the series is, I just think it would be awesome to have them all together in one book.

I'd love to see Hank back and reconnecting with his entire family .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I'd love to see a Pym series that focuses on the whole extended group. Hank in his Dr. Pym mode, Wasp (I guess Nadia can be there as well, but when I say Wasp I mean Jan), Scott as Ant-Man, along with Cassie as Stinger (much better name than Stature), Raz as Giant-Man, Eric as Black Ant, Rita as Yellowjacket and Tom Foster as Goliath. I don't even care what the focus of the series is, I just think it would be awesome to have them all together in one book.
    Nadia just seems to have dropped off the face of the planet, hasn't she? I mean, I don't care, but it is odd, since she seemed to be getting this big push.

But yeah, more Hank and Janet, and Scott and Cassie. Appearances from Rita DeMara and Raz Malhotra would just be gravy on an already savory meal. Tom and Eric as well (they can all take turns trying to keep Eric from finding ways to weasel out of things or charge for their helping people or otherwise profit off of their adventures / exploit crises for his own advantage!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Nadia just seems to have dropped off the face of the planet, hasn't she? I mean, I don't care, but it is odd, since she seemed to be getting this big push.

But yeah, more Hank and Janet, and Scott and Cassie. Appearances from Rita DeMara and Raz Malhotra would just be gravy on an already savory meal. Tom and Eric as well (they can all take turns trying to keep Eric from finding ways to weasel out of things or charge for their helping people or otherwise profit off of their adventures / exploit crises for his own advantage!)
    She will be in that new Wasps mini with Janet and she was recently in the last Ms. Marvel mini.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

When I think of Hank Pym, I think Marvel really should have its version of the Justice Society of America. Pym (as Ant Man) would be perfect for that team. Since no one is really using the Mystery Men title, revive that team, add Hank and a couple of other classic heroes to the roster and have a real honest go at a 50-issue run. Then shoot for the- 100th issue. Once there, reboot with a new #1 and run it all back again.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love to see Hank back and reconnecting with his entire family .
    Yes...especially his kids Nadia and William. And nothing more than a friendship with Jan. Those two really are an unhealthy relationship.

I would say thought that I think too many people want him back to heroics right away. I want that to take some time. With everything he's been through I want to see the emotional and psychological toll that took on him and how he deals with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yes...especially his kids Nadia and William. And nothing more than a friendship with Jan. Those two really are an unhealthy relationship.

I would say thought that I think too many people want him back to heroics right away. I want that to take some time. With everything he's been through I want to see the emotional and psychological toll that took on him and how he deals with it.
    They've been shown they can make it work in the present-day.

I don't think Hank loves anyone the way he loves Janet.

Agreed. Busiek made sure of that (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-28-2022 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

It just falls into my on again / off again thing with couples. A writer who wants them together out of nostalgia puts them back together and then the next one breaks them up again.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Busiek made sure of that (IMHO):
    Amazing! Love this couple! Marvel, give these two a new start together!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

At least we get to see Hank again in the AVENGERS: WAR ACROSS TIME mini. It's not Hank in the current comic timeline but its better than nothing

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    At least we get to see Hank again in the AVENGERS: WAR ACROSS TIME mini. It's not Hank in the current comic timeline but its better than nothing
    I haven't heard of that one... is it out right now? Who is writing it?
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I haven't heard of that one... is it out right now? Who is writing it?
    Comes out in January to coincide with the Avengers 60th anniversary. The Limited series is a love letter to the classic Avengers with the team consisting of
    Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Giant-Man, and the Wasp.

Paul Levitz is writing and Alan Davis is doing the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Comes out in January to coincide with the Avengers 60th anniversary. The Limited series is a love letter to the classic Avengers with the team consisting of
    Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Giant-Man, and the Wasp.

Paul Levitz is writing and Alan Davis is doing the artwork.
    I concur. One can never go wrong with Alan Davis (IMHO):