Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Guardians of the Galaxy Appreciation 2022

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_%28Earth-616%29_from_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_6_12_002.jpg

Et9pqXBXYAIQbEh.jpg
    They are no longer outlaws, they are superheroes. The Guardian of the Galaxy has come to protect the space and do anything it can to show the galaxy a true heroic.

Hoping 2022 will be an AWESOME year for Marvel Cosmic

Can we also appreciate the original 31st century GOTG here? I like the new version, but the original still holds a special place in my heart.

Peace

I love the Guardians .

LOVED the last series and can't understand why Marvel cancelled it? Unless it was only meant to run for 12 issues? Ewing did an amazing job and I've not enjoyed the book this much since the DnA days.

The book was selling well too. Such a bizarre move from Marvel.

My first experience with the GOTG was because I was reading Fantastic Four, and the annual crossed over with other books and the Guardians were the main heroes. From there I tried the regular book and loved it. The new Guardians are ok, but I still long for MY Guardians to make a real comeback with all of their continuity intact (the Galactic Guardians were great, too!). Oddly enough, those Annual crossovers are also what hooked me on New Warriors (Kings of Pain).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Can we also appreciate the original 31st century GOTG here? I like the new version, but the original still holds a special place in my heart.

Peace
    Me too. I especially liked Vance and Martinex. I would love someone to bring these guys back. I thought it was great when Vance and Starhawk were involved with 2008 version of the current team.

Astonishing Member

Recently I bought a first print copy of the original GotG series from the 80´s. I paid 2,50 Euro for it.

I don't know if its worth something, I imagine not, but still happy to have it, and I intend to hunt down the singles.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    My first experience with the GOTG was because I was reading Fantastic Four, and the annual crossed over with other books and the Guardians were the main heroes. From there I tried the regular book and loved it. The new Guardians are ok, but I still long for MY Guardians to make a real comeback with all of their continuity intact (the Galactic Guardians were great, too!). Oddly enough, those Annual crossovers are also what hooked me on New Warriors (Kings of Pain).
    Yeah, it was a good strategy to promote new books.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    But, of course. The OG version from Gerber is an unforgettable classic. Milgrom's finest hour (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Oddly enough, those Annual crossovers are also what hooked me on New Warriors (Kings of Pain).
    I know, right?! Loved it when the GOTG fought Silver Surfer: Protector of the Universe (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    But, of course. The OG version from Gerber is an unforgettable classic. Milgrom's finest hour (IMHO):

I know, right?! Loved it when the GOTG fought Silver Surfer: Protector of the Universe (XD)

Now yer talkin'!!

I love the original team!

They were so unique and powerful yet understated.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Nikki, Martinex, Charlie 7, Vance Astro, Yondu. The TRUE Guardians of the Galaxy, for me!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Nikki, Martinex, Charlie 7, Vance Astro, Yondu. The TRUE Guardians of the Galaxy, for me!
    LOL! Don't forget "The One Who Knows" A.K.A. Starhawk (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-12-2022 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Don't forget "The One Who Knows" A.K.A. Starhawk (XD)

Yesss! Cannot forget my favorite who is Starhawk! (But only this one you show, not that later new Starhawk pretender lady!) Plus, I add Aleta.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Ha! You are so right. How could I forget both of him?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet