Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Oh thanks!

I never heard of these retellings but will have to check them out.

The panel lists 2015 as the date, so maybe yet another retelling of the story?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Loved Casey's Earth Mightiest Heroes, even with some of the more modern retcons being inserted, such as hints about Hank being abusive in the vol. 01, and even the one related to the "wedding" of Hank and Jan, both of which I'm not much a fan of. The first volume, with art by Scott Kolins seems more eventful (Kolins was at the top of his game then, and quite a hot commodity). Will Rosado does a competent job, however, he lacked that super-star quality. Still, I love the story itself, with the line-up of Goliath, Wasp, Hawkeye, Black Panther and Vision, a line-up that we barely had a chance to see in action in the original run. They were good books, filling in gaps between the issues of the original series. It dealt a lot with the issues of leadership in those early days, something that was never as much in evidence. The first volume shows how difficult it was for Iron Man to hold the team together, and how it was the arrival of Captain America that finally made things gel. The second deals with the pressure Hank was in to keep the team going minus it's mainstays. Both are, IMHO, great reads, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of these kind of stories.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh thanks!

I never heard of these retellings but will have to check them out.
    You're welcome, Phoenixx9! Believe me, you won't regret the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The panel lists 2015 as the date, so maybe yet another retelling of the story?
    Dunno about the new date, so I'm assuming it's possibly from a collected edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Loved Casey's Earth Mightiest Heroes, even with some of the more modern retcons being inserted, such as hints about Hank being abusive in the vol. 01, and even the one related to the "wedding" of Hank and Jan, both of which I'm not much a fan of. The first volume, with art by Scott Kolins seems more eventful (Kolins was at the top of his game then, and quite a hot commodity). Will Rosado does a competent job, however, he lacked that super-star quality. Still, I love the story itself, with the line-up of Goliath, Wasp, Hawkeye, Black Panther and Vision, a line-up that we barely had a chance to see in action in the original run. They were good books, filling in gaps between the issues of the original series. It dealt a lot with the issues of leadership in those early days, something that was never as much in evidence. The first volume shows how difficult it was for Iron Man to hold the team together, and how it was the arrival of Captain America that finally made things gel. The second deals with the pressure Hank was in to keep the team going minus it's mainstays. Both are, IMHO, great reads, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of these kind of stories.

Peace
    All things considered, I enjoyed these "Untold Tales of... "-type of stories.
    They definitely had their moments (especially, the 1st volume with Kolins' lovely artwork):

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-25-2022 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I picked up today's issue of Ewing's Ant-man miniseries and I liked it.

Extraordinary Member

Those 2 cameos were fun...but might have been a little much.

I liked it. Those were some obscure villains. I was hoping Egghead and the Porcupine would be featured. They were two of Hanks biggest villains in the early days. It’s kind of cool how Ewing is going to tie all four issues together.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Cool seeing spoilers:
    Teenage O'Grady and thief era Scott Lang cameo
    end of spoilers

Protector was the only one I remembered from Ant-Man's old sixties villains.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I kinda wish this was a weekly or at least bi-weekly series. #1 was pretty fun. Really hope Al separates Hank and Ultron after all this.
    "Cable was right!"

I like Trago. Honestly kind of surprised he was such a one-off villain, he had an interesting gimmick. I liked the '60s style narration in the story.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Really hope Al separates Hank and Ultron after all this.
    AMEN!! Although I'm not gonna hold my breath...

It would be cool if Ewing does another 50-issue epic with Hank.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-28-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

c85.jpg

/10char
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

So i just read antman and i have to say it took me through a myriad of emotions.

First i find the MAVL narrative experience to be a true joy. I found the idea of it absolutely hilarious but at the same time i think it works for the overthinkers and the underthinkers to pace you like "yes, i'm aware, but there is more." so while some may have foujnd it offensive or talking down to them, and i feel maybe a small percentage might which is why i am mentioning it it felt more like allowing you to enjoy the story. Like playing mario kart with the safety controls on, something i wouldn't do but definitely benefits many. lol.

So from a bit of funny to i actually felt myself getting sad for hank and actually felt like he was stuck in time. I mean there is no doubt Hank Pym has done some good things but in a lot of ways he is the absolute worst qualities of a man at that time, perhaps a man of this time, but there is just something there that makes you want to root for him. I mean it was telling that even though Wasp just wanted to watch a movie he had so much machismo or gall that he just couldn't let it go, he "derserved" to go after someone and at that point are you really a hero. I mean you can be anti, you can be whatever but you can't be hank in the way i think people see him or in the way Jan use to see him and perhaps that hit is what took it to the next level by brining it to the forefront and it just went rock bottom from there but i do think for hank to move on and i could be wrong what i felt this issue was saying in how simplistic and straight forward and dated on purpose it was was that in order for hank to ever be any kind of hero we really have to see what sort of putz it is but if it's going to be dragged out then it's time to answer the question is he hero or is he villain because he can't just always be a victim of tragic circumstances when his actions are what leads to them in some cases.

the Wasp and Scott lang scene was cute. Really enjoyed the art and pacing and again the narration was fun.

I have a lot of thoughts spinning in my head from this issue but i'll stop there and wait for more. Looking forward to issue 2 and if Hank will not be necessarily redeemed because no one can make up for the past but will he be a better person rather than a better sacrifice or martyr in limbo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That would be awesome! He needs to put his foot down and demand that Marvel lets him. Ewing is one of the few good writers Marvel has left. He has power over these editors and can basically get what he wants. I know DC would love to have Ewing.

Did I miss something? When Hank first comes to after being captured, he makes a big deal out of trying to keep his captors occupied so they don’t focus on learning his secret ID. But on the very next page, The Protector openly calls him “Pym” in front of everyone (even while the Window Washer still seems to be pondering it!) and not a mention is made of it…