Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Completely understandable. Pym possibly could've donned his helmet while seated & done what you described.
    But he probably excused himself, because he didn't want to cause a commotion & ruin the cinematic experience for Jan
    LOL! That too!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Ant-Man #2 this week. Can’t wait. I wonder if all three will appear again like the first issue.

Issue 2 is more of a Eric O'Grady piece but Hank the Skrull makes an appearance. I never read this era so I can't argue to it's authencity but it's a fun romp.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm wondering if the future Ant-Man is some Kang variant. Marvel likes their synergy and time travel is Kang's thing. The guy even looks like Kang.

Issue 3 giving us Lang, Ultron and Black Ant.

I absolutely LOVED issue two. Is it wrong that i am now obsessed with Eric o Grady. lol. Like is this an existing character and has he always had this voice or is it new? This is like a prime example of falling up but it works because he is so clueless. There wasn't much hank in this issue but it was nice seeing the Skrull talk about some of Hank's basic qualities that are so ingrained even the skrull took them over which shows as much as he is obsessed with his work it is also an instinct to want to help so it helps you to understand that clash in his personality more. i also enjoyed the narration once again as it did also make clear that despite hank going after the movie heckler feeling a bit excessive it may have also been a bit instinctual in that the guy did go on later to commit a bigger crime. Also i thought it was interesting when O'grady mentioned the wife beating and though at first it was a bit like why it settled on i like that the skrull said that "so you do have principals." which shows that there is a meaning to it being brought up at least in my opinion or it made me think does hank feel it was wrong or the skrull but either way it was an interesting moment to me. Looking forward to the next issue. Art was great and clear to follow. It took some time to read as it is wordy but i love that. lol

Almost forgot one of my fave scenes.

antman.jpg

I got a good laugh at the "your the only one." lol Especially after Obiwan.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-01-2022 at 04:20 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I absolutely LOVED issue two. Is it wrong that i am now obsessed with Eric o Grady. lol. Like is this an existing character and has he always had this voice or is it new? This is like a prime example of falling up but it works because he is so clueless. There wasn't much hank in this issue but it was nice seeing the Skrull talk about some of Hank's basic qualities that are so ingrained even the skrull took them over which shows as much as he is obsessed with his work it is also an instinct to want to help so it helps you to understand that clash in his personality more. i also enjoyed the narration once again as it did also make clear that despite hank going after the movie heckler feeling a bit excessive it may have also been a bit instinctual in that the guy did go on later to commit a bigger crime. Also i thought it was interesting when O'grady mentioned the wife beating and though at first it was a bit like why it settled on i like that the skrull said that "so you do have principals." which shows that there is a meaning to it being brought up at least in my opinion or it made me think does hank feel it was wrong or the skrull but either way it was an interesting moment to me. Looking forward to the next issue. Art was great and clear to follow. It took some time to read as it is wordy but i love that. lol

antman.jpg

Ewing's voice for Eric is pretty consistent with how he's been depicted before.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

This Ant Man run is quickly becoming a favourite at the moment. Nice to read a comic that’s just…fun.

And I remember enjoying Irredeemable Ant-Man (for all its faults)

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    This Ant Man run is quickly becoming a favourite at the moment. Nice to read a comic that’s just…fun.

Same here .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

One thing I really like about the various Ant-Men is that they are so greatly different in character. Hank is almost nothing like Scott and Scott is almost nothing like Eric. Nobody seems like a 'replacement' for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    One thing I really like about the various Ant-Men is that they are so greatly different in character. Hank is almost nothing like Scott and Scott is almost nothing like Eric. Nobody seems like a 'replacement' for anyone else.
    I know, right?! Heard that Ultron might be in the next issue. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Heard that Ultron might be in the next issue. Can't wait!

Ha! Another great (YJ) pic you posted, K7P5V!

And so apropos!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

antman.jpg

If you liked how Eric was portrayed then I recommend getting your hands on the Irredeemable Ant-Man series. Ewing absolutely nailed his voice and that run was really well done. I wonder if the comment about how bad it is to dig up a grave is just a little joke for those of us who remember what he does in a graveyard in later issues of his own book.

I'm really liking this mini. Ewing once again shows why he is the best writer Marvel has (best they've had for a long time). Can't wait for some Ultron next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    If you liked how Eric was portrayed then I recommend getting your hands on the Irredeemable Ant-Man series. Ewing absolutely nailed his voice and that run was really well done. I wonder if the comment about how bad it is to dig up a grave is just a little joke for those of us who remember what he does in a graveyard in later issues of his own book.

I'm really liking this mini. Ewing once again shows why he is the best writer Marvel has (best they've had for a long time). Can't wait for some Ultron next issue.
    I still hate Pymtron .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still hate Pymtron .
    Me too. A stupid idea that has gone on for far too long, IMHO. It ruined two great characters.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still hate Pymtron .
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Me too. A stupid idea that has gone on for far too long, IMHO. It ruined two great characters.

Peace
    Well past time to separate them.