Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Come back to us Dr Henry Pym!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't wait to see more of Michael Douglas as Hank .
    At least he gets some respect in the movies. I really don't understand the treatment of the Hank Pym character in comics. It's like he can never be forgiven for what was, at least according to Jim Shooter, an exaggerated panel by the artist that was not intended by Shooter's script.

Anyway, I did enjoy the series Avengers A.I., probably one his last good outings.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    At least he gets some respect in the movies. I really don't understand the treatment of the Hank Pym character in comics. It's like he can never be forgiven for what was, at least according to Jim Shooter, an exaggerated panel by the artist that was not intended by Shooter's script.

Anyway, I did enjoy the series Avengers A.I., probably one his last good outings.
    Plan to read this later on Marvel Unlimited. I don't think I've ever read the origin of Hank and Jan's getting together, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I had heard about Gage, but not about Slott... so that's two writers that are interested, better than nothing

Strange that they would tell Slott he couldn't... Why? At the very least, let him do it. It'll make for an interesting story and then Marvel doesn't even have to include him anywhere. But at least he'd be alive, until someone has a good pitch for him, or someone wants to include him in a story.

I think the only times Marvel execs have told a writer they couldn't use a character was because they already had plans for them. Somehow I doubt it's the case here, so I don't see reasons not to write him back. But hey, I'm not the one in charge! LOL
    Slott probably wanted to separate Pym form Ultron, but Marvel wants to keep using Pymtron as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Slott probably wanted to separate Pym form Ultron, but Marvel wants to keep using Pymtron as a villain.
    I thought it would have been cool if Tony separated Pym from Ultron and those 2 plus Janet would try to help him get his soul back.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

If that is the case, it's kind of ironic because Pymtron as a villain is way less interesting than Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I thought it would have been cool if Tony separated Pym from Ultron and those 2 plus Janet would try to help him get his soul back.
    Everybody is convinced he's dead. There was one mention somewhere that Capt. Marvel went out to space to try to find him after the merge, but couldn't find him anywhere. What I wonder is why nobody went after him right after the merge... oh, yeah... Remender.

Wait... are you suggesting that Ultron help Tony try to find Hank's soul?

Seriously, I would have liked to see something like this. I really prefer when writers don't pin Tony and Hank against each other. They're supposed to be old friends, not bitter rivals. I personally love seeing them work together.

By the way, have you read "Iron Age", a mini that came out around 2010... there are some great and credible interactions between Hank and Tony!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I don't know... do we actually know what happens to the souls that Devondra eats? Are they destroyed or sent to another plane of existence?

The body still exist, if I'm not mistaken, still fused to Pymtron, but they have a way to unmerge the two just as they did with Stark. It would be an empty shell, but I refuse to believe that no writer could find a comic-book-logical explanation for Hank's soul to return and reclaim his body. Hank is probably the character (or probably on par with Dr. Strange) that has visited the most universes and planes of existence. He even found a way to convert his counsciousness into a computer-engineered world once. I think he could find his way back. The question is: will a writer decide to tackle that?
    I dunno... Hank Pym doesn't need more baggage to angst about... If they rebuild the Hank Pym who was merged with Ultron, he will blame himself for everything...

I like the place Hank Pym was at the end of Avengers Academy. Avengers AI wasn't bad either. I want that Hank Pym back, and if possible, I want him to be bit more detached from all the crap he has gone through the years. Having the pre-Incursions Hank Pym survive them through time travel or escaping to the Far Shore and spending a lot of time in other realities may achieve that. He could have outgrown all his past failures (real or perceived) and to have become detached from the opinions of all these people who didn't respect or care for him back in Earth 616...

I dunno... Hank Pym doesn't need more baggage to angst about... If they rebuild the Hank Pym who was merged with Ultron, he will blame himself for everything...

I like the place Hank Pym was at the end of Avengers Academy. Avengers AI wasn't bad either. I want that Hank Pym back, and if possible, I want him to be bit more detached from all the crap he has gone through the years. Having the pre-Incursions Hank Pym survive them through time travel or escaping to the Far Shore and spending a lot of time in other realities may achieve that. He could have outgrown all his past failures (real or perceived) and to have become detached from the opinions of all these people who didn't respect or care for him back in Earth 616...
    That... is a really good idea! I hadn't thought of it, but it could work. I liked the Avengers Academy Hank, and A.I. too. And anyway, the way he acted in Rage of Ultron is pretty OOC in my opinion. Hank has always been a big advocate of treating artificial beings like Vision as real people. And suddenly he would have done a 180 and not give a crap about them? Highly unlikely. It's so typical of writers who want to tell a story and squeeze the characters to fit in it, ignoring canon.

Could you imagine Hank fighting an Ultron who has half his face? Knowing Hank, he'd still feel responsible and guilty eventhough he would literally have nothing to do with it
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Seriously, I would have liked to see something like this. I really prefer when writers don't pin Tony and Hank against each other. They're supposed to be old friends, not bitter rivals.
    Indeed. I'll always LOVE their friendly interactions...

I personally love seeing them work together.
    Me too. Watching two geniuses at work can be quite interesting (IMHO):

By the way, have you read "Iron Age", a mini that came out around 2010... there are some great and credible interactions between Hank and Tony!
    Not a dry eye in the house, from what I remember of that mini-series (T^T):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-14-2022 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

If that is the case, it's kind of ironic because Pymtron as a villain is way less interesting than Ultron.

Everybody is convinced he's dead. There was one mention somewhere that Capt. Marvel went out to space to try to find him after the merge, but couldn't find him anywhere. What I wonder is why nobody went after him right after the merge... oh, yeah... Remender.

Seriously, I would have liked to see something like this. I really prefer when writers don't pin Tony and Hank against each other. They're supposed to be old friends, not bitter rivals. I personally love seeing them work together.

Yes. I love the Iron Age mini and how Tony went to Hank for help. It was a very underrated series so I'm glad I see more people have read it. I like when they show Tony and Hank work together. They're friends and are Original Avengers.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I liked those too. I just can't figure out why someone at Marvel seems to be bent on destroying him.

A lot of today's comic book readers probably don't know that Hank Pym goes back almost as far as the Fantastic Four. His first appearance was in Tales to Astonish #27

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-14-2022 at 10:28 PM.

Janet first appears in issue #44 and quickly becomes Hank's partner when her father is killed by a creature from another world.

When they first meet, Hank has a very different impression of her but she reminds him of his wife Maria who was murdered by Soviet agents because she defected.

Why do you do this? This is an appreciation thread...
    This is the same guy who trolled us before.

Plan to read this later on Marvel Unlimited. I don't think I've ever read the origin of Hank and Jan's getting together, etc.

I recently found the Marvel Feature with Hank and Jan on eBay. I really enjoyed it.

Janet first appears in issue #44 and quickly becomes Hank's partner when her father is killed by a creature from another world.

When they first meet, Hank has a very different impression of her but she reminds him of his wife Maria who was murdered by Soviet agents because she defected.

I was always a big fan of Don Heck's art.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?