Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    So, I'm a little confused by the ending of the Ant-Man mini-series. Doesn't it seem like something needs done with both Hank and Eric? I guess the reader is left to assume that they (and Scott) will be returned to the points in time when they were plucked from. Left on its own, it appears they're all just hanging out with Dr. Ashgar, like the end of an 80's sitcom where the credits roll over a frozen screenshot of the characters laughing. At a minimum, Scott should be wondering "Wait, we're gonna send both these guys back, knowing they'll end up dead? Isn't there something we can do??" Maybe the upcoming Wasp mini will pick up where this left off. With Hank at least, the ground work has been laid for him realizing how to separate himself from Ultron, if that's really him. Although who knows when they whole All-Father Ultron thing is ever supposed to happen. Just seems to me like the series ended with a loose end or two.
    I think it's pretty much establiished by now that Ultron Pym was itself convinced that he was part-Hank, but that there isn't any "Hank" in there to separate from. There have been several instances in several different comic books that stated that Hank was "killed" when Ultron merged with him in Rage of Ultron. Nobody knows though that a part of Hank's soul remained inside, and was yanked free at some point (in Infinity Countdown, IIRC).

The narrative has pretty much been that Hank sacrificed himself to save the world from Ultron. If Stark had any doubt that Hank was in there somewhere, he would have used his device to separate them, instead of locking Ultron in a vibranium casing. Even in the fourth issue, Lang says that if Hank had been in there, he would have found a way to unfuse himself.

If ever Hank was to come back, Marvel is making it clear that it will not be by separating the two. Except if Hank's soul ended up somewhere, and Ultron Pym still has some organic components to it that they could use to rebuild a body for him. Come to think of it, didn't the future Ant-Man said he had invented a device that can rebuild anything on a molecular level or something? I'd have to check what were his exact words...
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    If ever Hank was to come back, Marvel is making it clear that it will not be by separating the two. Except if Hank's soul ended up somewhere, and Ultron Pym still has some organic components to it that they could use to rebuild a body for him. Come to think of it, didn't the future Ant-Man said he had invented a device that can rebuild anything on a molecular level or something? I'd have to check what were his exact words...
    Boom. There it is. Nice catch. If this isn't Ewing's plan, there's your blueprint. Now, someone get on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    Boom. There it is. Nice catch. If this isn't Ewing's plan, there's your blueprint. Now, someone get on it!
    Even though it’s not a sure thing, it’s starting to look like Ewing is going to bring him back. Can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Even though it’s not a sure thing, it’s starting to look like Ewing is going to bring him back. Can’t wait.
    I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'll believe it when I see it I've been burned before.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that after the Wasp mini, Ewing is going to write something else (an event??) following the Wasp story. Has anyone else heard about that?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'll believe it when I see it I've been burned before.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that after the Wasp mini, Ewing is going to write something else (an event??) following the Wasp story. Has anyone else heard about that?
    After all the mediocre events Marvel has been doing this one will be most welcome. Maybe the biggest they’ve had in years. Maybe a next summers big event? Wow that would be awesome!

Extraordinary Member

They've laid some groundwork..but I will believe it when I see it.

News to me.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    News to me.
    When the Wasp mini was announced, there was a line in the announcement teasing a future follow-up to the Wasp book.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/26/al...-january-2023/

Quote Originally Posted by AIPT Comics
    Like Ewing’s hit Ant-Man series currently on stands, WASP will pay tribute to Janet’s incredible legacy by shedding new light on her wild Silver Age origin, spotlighting her relationship with protégé Nadia Van Dyne, and paving the way for a bright future! The saga will also directly lead into another Ewing-penned series launching in the new year!
    I speculated at the time that after an Ant-Man mini and a Wasp mini, Ewing might do an 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' book to coincide with the movie.
    I've never seen anything about it being an event though.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    When the Wasp mini was announced, there was a line in the announcement teasing a future follow-up to the Wasp book.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/26/al...-january-2023/

I speculated at the time that after an Ant-Man mini and a Wasp mini, Ewing might do an 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' book to coincide with the movie.
    I've never seen anything about it being an event though.
    Thanks! That's what I had read but couldn't find it again.

They talk about a "series" written by Ewing "launching in the new year". They referred to the Ant-Man series and the Wasp series as a "saga", so maybe that's why I was under the impression Ewing would be writing an event.

Considering Marvel and their obsession for synergy with the MCU, your theory about an "Ant-Man and the Wasp" series to coincide with the movie might just be exact.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Carlos Pacheco (R.I.P.)

Maybe they find enough organic material from Hank and Eric to send them brought the resurrection process…
    The mutants can do that now with ordinary humans to.