Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I still link Giant Man to the Foster name. Really dont care much for the Raz character.
    Indeed. Call it nostalgia if you like, but my preference has always been Bill's Giant-Man

As for Hank, yeah, when he comes back, he needs to take the YJ name back. It's an identity in which he can use AÇLL his various abilities.

Peace
    Couldn't agree more. Personally, Yellowjacket will always be synonymous with Hank Pym (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    If Hank comes back, I want Marvel to come up with a new superhero identity for him with a new costume. Ant-Man, Yellowjacket, Giant-Man, Goliath, Wasp, Black Ant are already taken, Hank deserves a new costume and a new name. What do you think?
    Why? I personally am tired of seeing Hank having to rebrand himself every time someone takes up his id. For Scott, it's fine cause Hank actually gave him the suit. He always had to step aside because someone else has basically taken something that was his, without his knowledge.

My favourite costume and id has always been Giant-Man, with the costume he had since Avengers Academy. He "died" wearing that suit, and never agreed to have it given to someone else besides Scott (he should have given it to Jan, she would have kept it more secured. I remember she was pissed when she saw Scott had given it to a complete stranger with no superhero abilities). Never cared for the other character whom Scott gave the suit to, especially when he hadn't done anything particularly special to "deserve" it, IMO. Like in my signature, I stand by the "Give back the suit". If that guy is such a great guy, if Hank comes back he should take it upon himself to give it back. If Jan had come back while Hank was still the Wasp, he would have given her back the title without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Poor Hank. All these identities were his and now Marvel has stiffed him out of everyone of them. They are almost making a poor excuse to not bring him back. Hank should get a new identity and team up with all these characters that have his identities and go after Cross. Then he can take the YJ mantra back. It would make a great mini.
    Agreed about the first part, and the third The only thing I don't agree is the new id.

I still link Giant Man to the Foster name. Really dont care much for the Raz character. As for Hank, yeah, when he comes back, he needs to take the YJ name back. It's an identity in which he can use AÇLL his various abilities.

Peace
    I feel the YJ persona has been tarnished both in comics and the MCU by making it worn by a bad guy. Hank was already on the fence about it since it reminded him of a bad place he was in, in the past. I don't think he ever wore it since Avengers Disassembled, except for a few panels in Time Runs Out, and it was only because Hickman thought the costume looked cool.
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 02-05-2022 at 11:18 AM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I hope they bring Hank back by the Avengers 60th anniversary next year, but I have my doubts we'll see him return any time soon.
    Hank actually turned 60 in January this year! Tales to Astonish #27 was published in January 1962. I think this would be good timing to bring him back

But like you, I have strong doubts.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Hank actually turned 60 in January this year! Tales to Astonish #27 was published in January 1962. I think this would be good timing to bring him back

But like you, I have strong doubts.
    True! I was questioning the previous post of next year being 60th Anniversary instead of this year. Come on Marvel! Step up!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True! I was questioning the previous post of next year being 60th Anniversary instead of this year. Come on Marvel! Step up!
    I think the original post was referring to the Avengers turning 60 next year

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Goliath is taken by Tom Foster
    I forgot about him. Does he actually appear anywhere or is he sitting on a shelf like Hank is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I forgot about him. Does he actually appear anywhere or is he sitting on a shelf like Hank is?
    it's the latter unfortunately.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would like to see Hank return in his anniversary year. Marvel have benched him long enough.

I still like the idea of making Doctor Nemesis (Micheal Stockton) Hank Pym's Reverse Flash. I feel like they could revamp the character (change his supervillain name and update his costume) into major Pym Particle foe. Embrace his full villainous mad scientist vibe by having him kidnap and experiment with people using Pym Particles. Say Stockton went nuts after being stuck in the Microverse for awhile and developed a god complex after seeing the building blocks of existence. Seeing all those sub atomic particles that make up matter on a grand scale would probably change someone's perspective the same way space travel is known to do. Have Gargantua (Edward Cobert) be his lacky/sidekick/muscle.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 02-05-2022 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I would like to see Hank return in his anniversary year. Marvel have benched him long enough.

I still like the idea of making Doctor Nemesis (Micheal Stockton) Hank Pym's Reverse Flash. I feel like they could revamp the character (change his supervillain name and update his costume) into major Pym Particle foe. Embrace his full villainous mad scientist vibe by having him kidnap and experiment with people using Pym Particles. Say Stockton went nuts after being stuck in the Microverse for awhile and developed a god complex after seeing the building blocks of existence. Seeing all those sub atomic particles that make up matter on a grand scale would probably change someone's perspective the same way space travel is known to do. Have Gargantua (Edward Cobert) be his lacky/sidekick/muscle.
    Cool idea. Every Doctor needs a Master....

I ran across this custom image and kind of liked it. I think it would be a cool design for Hank to reclaim the Yellowjacket mantle from Cross and continue to use the suit but with a more original YJ spin on it. Might make sense as a way to break from the past bad mojo that went with the ID.5B2EC82C-4C8A-47E1-9423-E8CAD2F49941.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I'm not sure I would be happy with that... first of all, people were already watching him over, wondering when he'd lose control again or get into a manic phase. He himself was always wary of getting back into a bad place mentally. I think if he ever would come back, he needs to be able to relax a bit, stop having people on his back waiting for him to trip. Give him some meds, therapy, a good psychiatrist, and let him be the hero he had always been, despite all of this. Let him meet his daughter and form a family. Let them go explore the other 'verses. Go on wild adventures, discover new things and new worlds.

Plus, I wouldn't want Hank turned into a robot, or having robotic parts... that's just my personal opinion of course
    Well he’d definitely be happy in the end and get therapy. The thing is, I like inner turmoil. I think a lot of people can relate to the man vs self conflict and mental struggles, and I would like him to be as relatable as possible so people will stop hating him for no reason. I think a story with a lot of inner conflict could work if it has a definite ending. So maybe he would be able to overcome Ultron and destroy him permanently. Also I would like it if other heroes helped him for once. Especially Jan and Nadia. Maybe also Scott and Firestar since he did so much for them. And I want to see Hank, Jan, and Nadia together as a family.

I just added the robotic parts to give him something new and different. It would also symbolize his triumph over the dark side of himself. But I understand why that might not work. They need to make a really interesting story about Hank and focus on what he can do that no one else can or he’s just going to be replaced again.
    Last edited by WondrousWasp; 02-19-2022 at 10:45 AM.

The issue with the Yellow Jacket identity is that it will always be related to THAT moment.

I'd rather have Hank use another bug name. Bumblebee? Hypenoptera? Or just go back to Doctor Pym.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Hypenopteria would be a good way for him to use his Wasp outfit.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RuedBrs9D1FiuNf36

But it reminds me of this gag from the West Wing.

https://youtu.be/HL_vHDjG5Wk

I liked his AI plainclothes look. Just have him embrace his Doctor Who fandom and go nameless.

https://images.app.goo.gl/DyvBPF6ruNxGay6a9
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WondrousWasp View Post
    Well he’d definitely be happy in the end and get therapy. The thing is, I like inner turmoil. I think a lot of people can relate to the man vs self conflict and mental struggles, and I would like him to be as relatable as possible so people will stop hating him for no reason. I think a story with a lot of inner conflict could work if it has a definite ending. So maybe he would be able to overcome Ultron and destroy him permanently. Also I would like it if other heroes helped him for once. Especially Jan and Nadia. Maybe also Scott and Firestar since he did so much for them. And I want to see Hank, Jan, and Nadia together as a family.

I just added the robotic parts to give him something new and different. It would also symbolize his triumph over the dark side of himself. But I understand why that might not work. They need to make a really interesting story about Hank and focus on what he can do that no one else can or he’s just going to be replaced again.
    I actually agree with all of this

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The issue with the Yellow Jacket identity is that it will always be related to THAT moment.

I'd rather have Hank use another bug name. Bumblebee? Hypenoptera? Or just go back to Doctor Pym.
    Dr. Pym would simplify things. People were already calling him Pym, even when he was suited up. I mean, it works for Dr. Strange, so why not?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Really wish that they’d finally reverse the merge with Ultron. It’s dragged on for too long and nobody has even used him since 2019. At this point, it serves no purpose.