Default Create an alternate universe

Like it says. Make an alternate universe you'd like to see!

I'll start:

The O5 X-Men are never found by Xavier. They're found by Weapon X. They are kidnapped, experimented on, partially cyberneticized, and rendered amnesiac from torture. But with the aid of the subject known as "Wolverine", the five of them manage to escape, and adopt Wolverine as their leader and mentor.

AU where M-Day didn't happen. The Academy X kids have a rough, but ultimately fun and rewarding school experience. Hellion still has his hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The All Different All New X-Men:

Xavier recruits and trains a team of gathered mutants around the world to rescue the original X-Men from Krakoa

Darkstar & Vanguard
    Collective Man
    El Aguila
    Gypsy Moth
    LightBright
    Darwin
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

An alternate universe where alternate universes don't exist.

We've got too damn many.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    An alternate universe where alternate universes don't exist.

We've got too damn many.
    This please. This alternate universe stuff needs to go the way of the dodo
    Another reason manga is popular besides accessibility is most of the stories don't have 15 realities. One piece has been in one reality for over 20 years. People like consistency so sighn me up for alternate universe with no alternate universes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Like 616, except no sliding time scale, with time progressing in approximate Marvel to Real Time scale of 1:1 (or 1.5:1, MAYBE as high as 2:1), with periodic corrections to allow for the limits of publishing format. Characters are allowed to grow up, grow old, have families (no more cheap soap opera theatrics. Good writing can keep stable relationships fresh and interesting) and retire. Returning from death is EXTREMELY rare, and requires some quite significant extenuating circumstances. Being the "next generation of X-Men" actually MEANS something, because that next generation actually WILL be the X-Men one day.

Based on 616's established chronology:

The O5/Giant-Size have retired, with the exception, perhaps, of Jean due to the nature of the Phoenix over time. Cyclops has effectively taken on the role that Xavier once filled. The New Mutants are nearing the end of their own careers, (again, with the possible exception of Magik due to the nature of her own powers and experiences in Limbo) though Generation X is still active as the primary teachers. Academy X is still the field main team, with Surge as field leader, though some may now be assisting Gen X as faculty. Generation Hope is beginning to come of age and approaching graduation.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-11-2022 at 10:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

I was just thinking about this the other day, tho more in the vein of a universe I'd love to see visited if they ever do another Exiles style book. I'd really love a story where characters end up in a universe where Annihilation never attacked Okkara 4,000 years ago. Thus it never split into the two islands and Arakko and most of the mutants on Okkara never vanished into another dimension with no further influence on history. Like, if Okkara had never 'fallen' and 4,000 years ago a civilization of mutants continued to thrive and grow....what would that Marvel universe look today?

The other major AU I wish could be explored, like if Marvel had done a What If? style X-Men book disconnected from the rest of the X-books and just showed what was happening in its own universe.....is an AU of when the 05 went back from the present day into the past with their memories locked away so they wouldn't change the timeline. Like, if for purposes of a What If title, what if they'd realized they didn't have to create a stable time loop and going back would create a new branching timeline with a malleable future? Meaning they DIDN'T have to repress/erase all knowledge of the future? Just think it could've been a really cool AU, if the 05 returned to the past w/spoilers they were actually free to implement in order to change their future for the better.

Cyclops would return to the original X-Men era knowing his father was alive and about Gabe's existence, allowing him and Alex to seek them out and leading to a future where never being caught on Krakoa, Gabe and Petra, Sway and Darwin never die/end up in stasis. Gabe grows up influenced by his brothers and w/out reasons to want revenge on Xavier and the X-Men, and his family helps him deal with his feelings about the Shi'ar w/out him launching galactic war. Jean would have foreknowledge of the Phoenix as well as the Hellfire Club and be able to navigate herself away from that fate, as well as knowing Sinister has a clone of her in the making. With her perhaps seeking out Maddy and 'waking her up' on her own terms so Maddy does have a chance at life which she deserves as much as anyone. And with full knowledge of her own origins from the start, and allies in Jean and the other X-Men while coming to terms w/her nature and Sinister's plans for her, Maddy has a lot more options to do things differently too, and maybe in this AU she and Jean can be more like sisters. At the same time, Jean would also know the fate of her family, and by doing things differently w/the Phoenix she ensures the Shi'ar never come after them, as well as saves Sara from her fate with the Phalanx.

Hank would be able to avoid a lot of the mistakes that led to problems with his mutation, and perhaps maintains an interest in magic. He could end up studying under Dr. Strange and thus integrating more into the non-mutant side of the Marvel universe like how he joined the Avengers in 616. He'd also have a head-start on things like the Legacy Virus.

Warren would know never to go anywhere the **** near Cameron Hodge and not to trust his loser ass. Which would change a ton of things for not just him, but all across the world like Genosha, since Cameron's influence in global affairs was in no small part due to using Warren's resources to build his platform and reach. The 05 would also be able to avoid or prevent things like the Mutant Massacre, reaching out ahead of time to the Morlocks and building communal ties, and he'd never lose his original wings or fall in with Apocalypse.

Bobby would be aware from the jump now just how powerful he was and have a huge head start on his powers. Plus being out and with no reason to go back in the closet, many of his relationships with his future friends would end up being different, as well as making him one of the earliest out gay heroes in that universe, helping to inspire and make things a bit easier or more comfortable for later heroes. Like how different might Rictor's life have been if when the 05 circa the original X-Factor era still found and mentored Rusty, Sally, Julio, Tabby and Taki....if Julio, who'd always looked up to Bobby in X-Factor in 616...had Bobby to look to for inspiration as an out and proud gay superhero as well?

Maybe this time around, having seen interactions between their older counterparts and them, the 05 seek out Wanda and Pietro upon their return and share what they know and encourage them to join them.....so Wanda and Pietro are the sixth and seventh X-Men here instead of becoming Avengers, and meet Lorna and know exactly who she is and their connection to her at a young age. (Its my AU and if I wanna ignore the Wanda and Pietro not being mutants or Magneto's kids retcon, then that's what I'm gonna do. Nyah nyah). Wanda and Pietro are still curious about what they learn about their future relationships and kids, so even w/out becoming Avengers they're intrigued enough to wanna know what Vision and Crystal are like when both debut on the scene, thus ending up in relationships with them anyway and allowing their kids to still exist.

Course this AU wouldn't be perfect - even having a headstart on a lot of the threats they'd face and knowing how to defeat some or keep others from ever becoming threats, make allies out of others...as well as foreknowledge making it easy to recruit a lot of later X-Men at earlier points and help some avoid their worst traumas too....still, there'd reach a point they'd changed so much, their advance knowledge was no longer effective. They were too far afield from the 'original script' they'd started out following. The absence of major villains would inevitably mean new villains never encountered in the 616 timeline would at some point rise to power and fill the voids left by the villains the 05 got an early jump on.

Some random time traveler throws off just enough that Bobby's not-so-secret plan to simultaneously become a billionaire and a Guinness World Record holder by making winning bets on all sports games for the next decade is thwarted and he's very sad. I can just give you money, a confused Warren offers. Its not the same, Bobby sighs gustily. See technically I was cheating so it was gonna be ill gotten gains and those are always cooler and also it was gonna be my way to be gay, do crimes, since I don't actually wanna like, rob banks I think. Warren pats him awkwardly on the shoulder. I'm sorry your life is so hard, he says with irony that zings right over Bobby's head, because of course some things never change.

And fifteen years later, they open the door to the mansion one day and see five teenage versions of them on the other side. "HANK!" Everyone yells, but he swears it wasn't him this time. Worst case of deja vu ever, Jean grumpily decides, as she goes back to bed vowing to sleep until they're gone. This stuff always ends with her fighting some other version of herself and this was supposed to be the timeline where she doesn't fight other versions of herself. Why won't the universe let her have nice things, she would really like to know. Bobby fixates on how cute his younger self is, he'd forgotten what a cute kid he was, why don't people point out how cute he is as often as they should? He doesn't bother waiting on an answer before grabbing his Mini Me and announcing they're gonna hit the town, paint it red, all that good stuff. "I'll be your wingman," he tells himself. "Wait is that creepy? That might be creepy. Nah, you're me and I'm you, its not creepy. Yeah, its fine. Weird, definitely, but not creepy. Its totally fine. C'mon, let's go get you laid. Okay wait I just heard it. It might be a little bit creepy."

Scott announces he doesn't wanna hear a single word about how this is his fault, because he's been very good in this timeline and hasn't started a single revolution (he flashes his visor ominously in Warren's direction when Warren raises a finger saying 'Well technically'). Then he decides to delegate whatever this bullshit is to Gabe, calls his dad to come pick him up and waits out this latest temporal ****-up in space where nobody can hear him scream if he decides its necessary because he's so over time travel and also he KNOWS Hank's lying and this is his doing somehow, he just KNOWS it. He can sense it on an atomic level. His secondary mutation in this timeline is a 'Hank's back on his bullshit' alarm, and that fucker is BLARING.

Hank rushes to his sanctum whatthefuckever and worriedly peruses various occult tomes with mutters of oh dear and oh my stars and garters, how unexpected. Warren hovers knowingly in the doorway. This was totally your doing, he guesses. Its a really good guess. You can't tell anyone, Hank frets. Promise me! Warren laughs. Oh Hank. I assure you, there's not a single person who doesn't already believe this was you. Why does everyone always assume it was me, Hank whines. Because its literally always you and we've met you, Warren laughs. He's having just the best day. He was fucking miserable the last time this happened, but that was just cuz he died and his future sucked and yet somehow his future didn't even manage to medal in the Worst Future Olympics which left his pity party woefully unattended. There's nothing enjoyable about being stuck in a future where you died but technically only sorta and the most pitiable thing about your pity party is you're the only one there. But this is totally different. Nobody was dead, nothing was his fault, he was already planning the Intervention Party he was gonna throw Hank and it was gonna be a total rager....nope, this time around, he was going to enjoy the hell out of it. Until somebody inevitably showed up from the future and said somebody had to die or the world was gonna end or whatever, but eh. That's tomorrow's problem.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-11-2022 at 10:53 PM.

How about an alternate universe with even more alternate universes than we've already got!

Astonishing Member

An alternate universe where the O5 are Wanda, Pietro, Toad, Blob, and Mastermind.

And the O5 are Magneto’s brotherhood of evil Mutants.

A story idea I came up with years ago was for Monica Rappaccini of A.I.M. to come up with a research project that had a weirdly bifurcated goal.... It gives her the ability to create meta-human agents.... BUT Monica knows that this method will make them show up on scanners, soooo.... Monica comes up with the idea of making decoys. See, the method of giving people powers was re-writing their DNA with a virus. But, Monica could tweak it so that the virus could be released into the general public. This release of the virus is not meant give people useful powers. It has to give them SOME enhanced ability or it wouldn't be useful as a distraction though. Well... To make this... Monica had to find powerful friends... who aren't associated with AIM. Well... one of them was Exodus. She talked Exodus into stealing Mr. Sinister's genetic research data. But... this also meant that at least some of the superhumans created by the virus would register as Mutants.... and piss off Bastion.

Yeah, the chaos that created was almost as large scale as HoM in concept really. There was a whole LOT of people who got useful powers from the virus.... Even if most of them were not, because there were millions infected. But... the process Monica used to imbue people... well it used a catalyst to give them SUPER charged powers compared to those merely infected with the virus. And Monica used it on herself. Yeah, that made for an interesting fight.

i want to see a earth that Xavier joined Shield and the X-men are shield agents. They are being used by the government to keep the Avengers and other super beings in line.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    An alternate universe where the O5 are Wanda, Pietro, Toad, Blob, and Mastermind.

And the O5 are Magneto’s brotherhood of evil Mutants.
    And why is Magneto a hero in this universe?

Because when he was a little boy, he and his family were saved from the Nazis by Captain America.
    Captain America talked to him briefly about how the Nazis think they're superior because of how they're born and how nobody should persecute others because of how they were born. This makes a huge impact on Magneto who grows up to idolize Captain America and rejects Professor X's dream of mutants one day replacing humanity.

Incredible Member

Magneto formed the x-men with 616xavier’s ideology and xavier formed the brotherhood with 616 magneto’s mindset.

X-Men
    Magneto

Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Polaris
    Cyclops
    Jean

Brotherhood
    Xavier

Psylocke (Betts)
    Nightcrawler
    Mystique
    Colossus
    Storm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Magneto formed the x-men with 616xavier’s ideology and xavier formed the brotherhood with 616 magneto’s mindset.

X-Men
    Magneto

Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Polaris
    Cyclops
    Jean

Brotherhood
    Xavier

Psylocke (Betts)
    Nightcrawler
    Mystique
    Colossus
    Storm
    Switch maybe Storm and Nightcrawler with Cyclops and Jean and I’d be down for those teams.