Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I still think the original New Mutants have had a ton of focus in this book. Dani, Rahne, and Karma have all had big arcs, and Magik is obviously going to have some panel time here. That's the core og NM cast that Vita has been using (plus some Warlock).
    Exactly. Only Sam and Bobby(both of whom are in space and we now know Hickman had plans with imperial guard bobby that didn't go through) aren't in the cast but everyone else is with stories and sub stories so I can't take anyone serious when they say this book needs to focus on of new mutants when no one else has explored karma's brother, the relationship between the new mutants, rahne baby and Dani stepping up for the kids.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly. Only Sam and Bobby(both of whom are in space and we now know Hickman had plans with imperial guard bobby that didn't go through) aren't in the cast but everyone else is with stories and sub stories so I can't take anyone serious when they say this book needs to focus on of new mutants when no one else has explored karma's brother, the relationship between the new mutants, rahne baby and Dani stepping up for the kids.
    I also really liked Warpath’s new role as a teacher and more of a caretaker. Before this he kept getting stuck on kill squad after kill squad and I don’t think it was doing much for his character. Hoping to see more of him in the new phase of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I also really liked Warpath’s new role as a teacher and more of a caretaker. Before this he kept getting stuck on kill squad after kill squad and I don’t think it was doing much for his character. Hoping to see more of him in the new phase of the book.
    I enjoy it as well and how protective he is of them. I like seeing that kill squad side of him being converted into a true protector. He's almost like a guiding totem to the class. I remember the issue when he stood up to protect them when they were on the field trip and though he told them to run they wouldn't abandon him. Vita has done some of the best character work in this era period. I just wanted to touch on the untruth that new mutants aren't getting repped here when they are tied into every last theme and their relationship used to heal these children. I mean if they want to say none of the bros are here that's cool but now we know hickman had plans so it just doesn't come off as genuine to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I hope Vita focus on more of the original New Mutants and leaves the Cosmar group behind. I think their story is complete and we don't need more of them honestly. Maybe another group of X-kids, like the New X-men Academy and others.
    I remember the Academy X Hellions squad being shown back together back in #1, though I believe they have now been rebranded the Frost Academy. It would be nice to see something done with the different houses in the Akademos Habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I enjoy it as well and how protective he is of them. I like seeing that kill squad side of him being converted into a true protector. He's almost like a guiding totem to the class. I remember the issue when he stood up to protect them when they were on the field trip and though he told them to run they wouldn't abandon him. Vita has done some of the best character work in this era period. I just wanted to touch on the untruth that new mutants aren't getting repped here when they are tied into every last theme and their relationship used to heal these children. I mean if they want to say none of the bros are here that's cool but now we know hickman had plans so it just doesn't come off as genuine to me.
    Couldn’t agree more

Inferno babies!?!??? Yes please??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I remember the Academy X Hellions squad being shown back together back in #1, though I believe they have now been rebranded the Frost Academy. It would be nice to see something done with the different houses in the Akademos Habitat.
    A team-up between the Hellions and the Hellions would be fun.

Yep, this Tan Variant is definitely my cover of choice!
    And I agree.....I can’t picture a New Mutants book without Mirage/Dani!
    (Though, I DO hope having Bobby and Sam on the cover is a good sign of things to come!!).

I also hope Magma returns at some point....while the original five are my favorites, I’ve always liked her!
    (And there IS that storyline that Ed started in the first few issues that was never resolved....!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    It's ridiculous we never got to see a reunion with the OG Hellions! Not with Emma or the NM!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It's ridiculous we never got to see a reunion with the OG Hellions! Not with Emma or the NM!
    We never got a reunion of the Academy X NM and Hellions either. The X-books are full of those missed opportunities.
    I don't even thing we got a Rhane/Doug reunion after he came back in Necrosha.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Let them do it somewhere else.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I also hope Magma returns at some point....while the original five are my favorites, I’ve always liked her!
    (And there IS that storyline that Ed started in the first few issues that was never resolved....!!).

All the characters introduced until issue #14 is still considered original as Claremont needs to build up stories for them.

#8 - Magma
    #13 - Cypher
    #14 - Magik

#16 - Warpath
    #18 - Warlock
    #25 - Legion
    #29 - Strong Guy

Not sure whether that counts for Warlock as he was more of a sidekick for Cypher.

Magma certainly is a core member of the team who is so neglected by writers.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-17-2022 at 04:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Hrrm, wonder if they're be any tie-in to Strange Academy if that is the case? One of the students there is S'ym's daughter.
    Oh, I never knew S'ym had a daughter. Who's the mother, Daytripper perhaps?

For membership, We know for sure Sunspot is on Red and Cannonball with the Imperial Guard, so count tham out.

I would love Magma to come back to the team, adding Empath would be awesome, as they have a history.

I would love for Jetstream, Bevatron and Catseye to be included. Considering we're off to Limbo, Pixie would have ben a logic choice, but she is busy elsewhere. So whu not add Julian and Surge.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-17-2022 at 05:30 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

For membership, We know for sure Sunspot is on Red and Cannonball with the Imperial Guard, so count tham out.

I would love Magma to come back to the team, adding Empath would be awesome, as they have a history.

I would love for Jetstream, Bevatron and Catseye to be included. Considering we're off to Limbo, Pixie would have ben a logic choice, but she is busy elsewhere. So whu not add Julian and Surge.
    I don't think much will change since Vita is on the helm, let's just hope the Limbo Queen arc won't drag to one year like the Shadow King arc.

It would be great to see the original New Mutants interacting with the original Hellions again.