Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There are a lot of strong mutants on Krakoa (not counting the omegas) and does Maddie still think she has a chance?
    brave and crazy hahah

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    There are a lot of strong mutants on Krakoa (not counting the omegas) and does Maddie still think she has a chance?
    brave and crazy hahah
    Sinister has apparently managed to survive despite the fact that the majority of that island should hate the hell out of him.

So, anyone expecting demon invasion of Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Sinister has apparently managed to survive despite the fact that the majority of that island should hate the hell out of him.

So, anyone expecting demon invasion of Krakoa?
    She is gonna have a LOT of anger around the fact that Sinister is in a position of authority within the primary power structure that governs Krakoa, AND that she was denied resurrection for as long as she was. I'm starting to understand why she would want to find an elsewhere (a Limbo?) to be her home.

I hope Vita focus on more of the original New Mutants and leaves the Cosmar group behind. I think their story is complete and we don't need more of them honestly. Maybe another group of X-kids, like the New X-men Academy and others.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    She is gonna have a LOT of anger around the fact that Sinister is in a position of authority within the primary power structure that governs Krakoa, AND that she was denied resurrection for as long as she was. I'm starting to understand why she would want to find an elsewhere (a Limbo?) to be her home.
    Honestly she should team up with Magneto, Kwannon, Greycrow, Calypso, and others in a sequel to Hellions. Call it Kill Sinister. Certainly has a better ring to it than "Kill Shaw".

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I hope Vita focus on more of the original New Mutants and leaves the Cosmar group behind. I think their story is complete and we don't need more of them honestly. Maybe another group of X-kids, like the New X-men Academy and others.
    I think they have some plan with No-Girl, because her thing of not having a body still isn't resolved, and her body inside Farouk's head space did look like a Chimera, so we might see something with that and Sinister. Also, did they ever explain why they can't give her body back? Her mutation isn't not having a body, she was literally turned into a brain in a jar by..Sublime in Morrison's run iirc?

Mighty Member

Love that this cover has all three teams from the original Inferno on it.

Extraordinary Member

My guess would be Maddie goes and frees N'Astirh and together they begin building an army from the Limbo demons who prefer cracking heads to Illyana's rule. In order to present a threat she needs allies and a force of her own. We saw how N'Astirh is imprisoned in the Cable series and he'd do anything for Madelyn if she freed him, and they had a pretty good working relationship in the original Inferno.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    My guess would be Maddie goes and frees N'Astirh and together they begin building an army from the Limbo demons who prefer cracking heads to Illyana's rule. In order to present a threat she needs allies and a force of her own. We saw how N'Astirh is imprisoned in the Cable series and he'd do anything for Madelyn if she freed him, and they had a pretty good working relationship in the original Inferno.
    Hrrm, wonder if they're be any tie-in to Strange Academy if that is the case? One of the students there is S'ym's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    What else had Vita written besides CotA, which admittedly I skipped? Just curious since the writer is a draw for you and I’m not sure if I’ve read anything by them.
    my active memory isn't the best but my brain is like a vault so a picture speaks a thousand words.

vitabooks.jpg

That's some and all greatly enjoyed. Static shock isn't listed nor is the BEST issue of Marauders. lol

oh whats on my kindle.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-12-2022 at 08:42 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Attachment 117283

This cover is gorgeous and I can't help but giggle about the placement -- Illyana's framing is such that she looks like she's wearing a hooded cloak, and Maddie's boob is the back of the hood, cupping Yana's head.

YES. Aaaaaand Rod Reis on art! Doing an Illyana / Maddie / Limbo story! Gonna be WILD.
    Yes Reis has been doing amazing art on this book. He is exceptional at the emotions of the story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Attachment 117283

New Mutants #25
    Release Date: 4/6/2022
    Cover Price: $4.99
    Written by Vita Ayala
    Art by Rod Reis

New York, NY— January 11, 2022 — This April, Vita Ayala and Rod Reis’ NEW MUTANTS run will bring the heat to the X-Men’s Destiny of X era with a brand-new arc that will see a war ignited between MAGIK and the GOBLIN QUEEN! “THE LABORS OF MAGIK” will kick off in NEW MUTANTS #25, a perfect jumping-on point for the series that is redefining what it means to be the next generation of X-MEN.

They were the central stars of the groundbreaking classic X-Men crossover INFERNO, and now over thirty years later, Illyana Rasputina and Madelyne Pryor are ready to fan the flames once more! Illyana IS the rightful queen of Limbo…but she’s been awfully busy on Krakoa. And now that Maddie’s back in action, she’s determined to sit on the throne that was once promised to her. Who will you bow down to?
    Do we have a link please? Hope you don't mind me asking :-)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...new-mutants-25

Incredible Member

No we don't,epecially since sticking those New X-men Academy and others characters in a book tends to sink it.

That's the real reason no one wants to use them.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 01-12-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    https://comicbookmovie.com/comics/ma...ng-off-a190930

I still think the original New Mutants have had a ton of focus in this book. Dani, Rahne, and Karma have all had big arcs, and Magik is obviously going to have some panel time here. That's the core og NM cast that Vita has been using (plus some Warlock).