Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Sometimes the thug life is all you have left.

Then I'll just say I'm looking forward to Reed thugging it out with Charles to show him who is the bigger thug on the streets.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 01-15-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Attachment 117391

Then I'll just say I'm looking forward to Reed thugging it out with Charles to show him who is the bigger thug on the streets.
    Idk if the future is any indicator the mutie disciples run the land.

Charles has more stripes.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Attachment 117391

Thereīs plenty of opportunity for this, X-books donīt shy away from giving Charles a hard time for his choices but I donīt exactly feel that bad for Reed either given he often gets away with stuff he should not, like the things he did on civil war.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Thereīs plenty of opportunity for this, X-books donīt shy away from giving Charles a hard time for his choices but I donīt exactly feel that bad for Reed either given he often gets away with stuff he should not, like the things he did on civil war.
    I agree Reed can be shady as hell which is why they should have explained the situation properly to him and if they were still suspicious they should have done the mindwiping properly and made him forget he had the idea of codex-x in the first place. But they took the worst route. All they achieved is alienating a potential ally and I don't blame Reed one bit for wanting to fix what Charles broke.

We're so forgetting that Reed was arrogant enough to trespass on Krakoa and he almost got his family killed.

Maybe Charles wouldn't have went so extreme on him if not for that stunt.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

We're so forgetting that Reed was arrogant enough to trespass on Krakoa and he almost got his family killed.

We're also forgetting Reed objected the idea at first and only did it because the rest of the family wanted to.

Astonishing Member

Oh wow, he stepped foot on Krakoa without permission….say, do you think Doom should have a fair crack at Reed for every time Reed trespassed onto Latervia?

I agree Reed can be shady as hell which is why they should have explained the situation properly to him and if they were still suspicious they should have done the mindwiping properly and made him forget he had the idea of codex-x in the first place. But they took the worst route. All they achieved is alienating a potential ally and I don't blame Reed one bit for wanting to fix what Charles broke.
    I donīt either and itīs in character for Reed but I donīt blame Charles either, itīs a hard situation because both characters can be extremely shady when they believe they are right and have a very important reason for their actions, both have savior complex and are arrogant but also genuinely care for their respective people and even on this scenario I am sure both teams would come together if a crisis comes, so I hope a solution can be shown.

Now outside story I disliked how the X-men were pictured a thugs during this whole event, because they had not problem working with the FF4 on all previous stories and if not close friendship, there was mutual respect and care between both teams. Something that was completely out the window since the first issue.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-15-2022 at 11:41 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Various X-folk are probably still wearing unstable molecule costumes designed by Reed so that their powers don't destroy their clothes. (I remember Mercury being delighted that she finally didn't have to go naked every time she used her powers, and Rahne was similarly pleased that she didn't bust out of her clothes every time she wolfed out. Others, like Kitty, explicitly can use their powers *on* their clothes, but not everyone has that advantage!)

It is annoying how these long-time allies, various members of whom used to hang out and play poker together, are now enemies.
    I'm not sure if I would call them "enemies", but more like friends currently in a fight.

The joy this page brought me cannot be properly described.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Oh wow, he stepped foot on Krakoa without permission….say, do you think Doom should have a fair crack at Reed for every time Reed trespassed onto Latervia?
    Idk about Doom and his laws for his land, but in Krakoa spying on the acting heads of state doing their diplomatic duties is grounds for termination.

What do you think would happen to a bunch of whackos dressed in latex caught spying on the POTUS in the oval office?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I donīt either and itīs in character for Reed but I donīt blame Charles either, itīs a hard situation because both characters can be extremely shady when they believe they are right and have a very important reason for their actions, both have savior complex and are arrogant but also genuinely care for their respective people and even on this scenario I am sure both teams would come together if a crisis comes, so I hope a solution can be shown.

Now outside story I disliked how the X-men were pictured a thugs during this whole event, because they had not problem working with the FF4 on all previous stories and if not close friendship, there was mutual respect and care between both teams. Something that was completely out the window since the first issue.
    I totally agree. Both teams came out looking worse from that mini. F4 for marching into Krakoa and X-men for the ending. Not to mention the agressive demeanor of both teams from the start which made them look like children. I'm just against this idea that Reed had it coming and Chuck and Mags showed him. The only thing they showed him is that they don't want him as their ally and now Reed can be a problem for Krakoa, something they could have easily avoided if they acted a little smarter.

I totally agree. Both teams came out looking worse from that mini. F4 for marching into Krakoa and X-men for the ending. Not to mention the agressive demeanor of both teams from the start which made them look like children.
    Agreed completely, it was exactly like this.

I'm just against this idea that Reed had it coming and Chuck and Mags showed him. The only thing they showed him is that they don't want him as their ally and now Reed can be a problem for Krakoa, something they could have easily avoided if they acted a little smarter.
    I would not call it smarter, more like with tact and trust to a fellow hero whith whom they have worked together before and in Charles case, has known for years in the Iluminati and if written in any other circunstance, I think they would have done exactly this but as you say, the event didnīt have the best characterization and this moment is not exception.

The X-Men enter any country they wish to without asking anybody. I think mindwiping Reed for doing the same is way too extreme.

Agreed completely, it was exactly like this.

I would not call it smarter, more like with tact and trust to a fellow hero whith whom they have worked together before and in Charles case, has known for years in the Iluminati and if written in any other circunstance, I think they would have done exactly this but as you say, the event didnīt have the best characterization and this moment is not exception.
    They don't even have to trust Reed. Reed can keep secrets even from his family. As we both agree he can be shady as hell. If they had any doubts they should have wiped everything about codex-x from his mind all together but they didn't. Instead they went for a "ha, we got one on you" to gloat and now Reed wants to rightfully (in my eyes) piece together his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The X-Men enter any country they wish to without asking anybody. I think mindwiping Reed for doing the same is way too extreme.
    Charles didnīt mindwipe Reed for this reason and most superheros trasspass countries all the time, like I donīt think they ask permission everytime they fly to another country or continent, I would add now that Krakoa is officially recognized by the UN, the X-men are trasspasing less than they used to as they have diplomatic treaties with almost all countries.

They don't even have to trust Reed. Reed can keep secrets even from his family. As we both agree he can be shady as hell. If they had any doubts they should have wiped everything about codex-x from his mind all together but they didn't. Instead they went for a "ha, we got one on you" to gloat and now Reed wants to rightfully (in my eyes) piece together his mind.
    Agreed and Xavier usually does this when he mindwipes people, my guess is that the writer added that final "hahaha we got you" moment to keep the childish spirit of the comic, because it sure doesnīt make practical sense for Xavier and Magneto to let Reed keep that memory.

When I talked about trust, I meant letting him explain his mind and the reason he was working on that tecnology,like I would have expected this at the very least between allies and if he insisted on keeping doing it then they could have used the mindwipe. I agree they didnīt have to trust him.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-15-2022 at 12:44 PM.