Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #163 – Jordan White Discusses Biggest Moments of Hellfire Gala

"Well, I guess it’s actually X-Men Wednesday. But releasing this spoiler-heavy installment before you had a chance to read X-Men: Hellfire Gala #1 just wouldn’t have been right."

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/13/x-...hellfire-gala/

And eXclusive preview images of the newly elected X-Men team in action:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Forge my beloved
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Please don't tell me that one at the left in the last panel is supposed to be Firestar's new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Please don't tell me that one at the left in the last panel is supposed to be Firestar's new costume.
    It looks way better with her powers in use. I don't get the star fish thing on the chest though. a microwave would have looked better...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It looks way better with her powers in use. I don't get the star fish thing on the chest though. a microwave would have looked better...
    She looks like she's cosplaying as the Phoenix when using her powers. Or more like Sunfire?

It just doesn't really look like her.

Also did they make her hair short because they didn't want two long-haired redheads on the team?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Surprised to hear that Armor was the runner up, with all respect to her fans she never really struck me as having much of a personality.

I think it might be time to end the X-Men vote. People who do not read X-Men comics should not have a say in what characters get used in X-Men comics.

Some really questionable costume choices going on in those previews. If that's Firestar, I'm convinced that Larraz hates the character based on that design. That Forge look is no good either, Cassara is a very good artist, but not much of a designer. Absolutely baffled as to why they wouldn't just let Havok wear the Dauterman Hellfire design, far superior choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Surprised to hear that Armor was the runner up, with all respect to her fans she never really struck me as having much of a personality. .
    I feel like recently they've written her more like Surge (coincidentally because they're both Japanese).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks like she's cosplaying as the Phoenix when using her powers. Or more like Sunfire?

It just doesn't really look like her.

Also did they make her hair short because they didn't want two long-haired redheads on the team?
    The short asymmetrical hair is the only good thing about her redesign.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

I think it might be time to end the X-Men vote. People who do not read X-Men comics should not have a say in what characters get used in X-Men comics.

No, they just have to make it a real vote and not include one character that has been on TV and they know will win.

Jordan: I think even before now, we’ve heard rumblings of Bishop talking about wanting to start his war college and training volunteers to protect Krakoa and to be ready for anything. And so this is the first time we get to see it in action. And hopefully not the last, he said knowingly.

Good.

Jordan: And Project Blackbox will continue to be relevant, for sure. The teases that have been put in there are all to set up things that are going to happen this year. That said, Forge is a team player too. He’s been on the X-Men before and he will be again — it’s not like you can’t trust, Forge. He’s not just going to spill the beans on everything because he signed up on the team.

Forge is one that Gerry has been eyeing for a while. He loves that dude and he’s very much a wildcard in that, like, what is he capable of? And the answer is a lot, so you never know what direction Forge could spin things. What is Project Backbox? Well, you will find out and I don’t think it’s what you’re expecting, but you never know. Maybe our readers have figured it out already. Probably not. It’s pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The short asymmetrical hair is the only good thing about her redesign.
    I feel like Angelica is like Starfire. The long hair helps accentuate her looks and powers, especially since she's a flier.

Great art. The first panel reminds me of Illyana teleporting the Extinction Team, I love the way her portals are drawn. Angelica's looking good too.

Jean rocking a moustache. Nice. By the end of Year 3 I hope to see her with a full beard like her boyfriend.
    Last edited by Vulcansfire; 07-13-2022 at 02:49 PM.

I always enjoy when Cyclops and Magik are on the same team. More of this dopeness please.

I’ve just noticed the colourist removed the golden/yellow accents in Jean’s look in Cassara’s pages. That’s not helping the look.