Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Rev your Inbox seems to be full thanks I send you the pm
    Now your inbox is full, free up some space for my reply

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think ultimately he loves her and the guilt of forcing her into hiding has eaten at him. Ever since he found out she was alive he's been a bit more of a team player with the marauders too. But I'm hoping this gets further explored in Immortal because he's up to something.
    For all we know he may be bitter that she lied to him and now wants to set her up for a fall, seeing her demand to take his seat as an opportunity. If she crashes and burns at her new role at HF, she's toast.
    Shaw knows he drove Lourdes into doing what she did,and that's going color whatever he does concering her. Does he want to drive her away again? That's the question he faces in all of this and he realizes it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Now your inbox is full, free up some space for my reply
    Itīs done now
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Shaw knows he drove Lourdes into doing what she did,and that's going color whatever he does concerning her. Does he want to drive her away again? That's the question he faces in all of this and he realizes it.
    She isn't with him now, she doesn't want to be with him, and she will never want to... And I think Shaw understands that... He can't lose what he doesn't have, so fear of driving her away won't influence his decisions.

Guilt and the belief that he is indebted to her may influence him, though... but, is Shaw the kind of man able to make costly sacrifices due to guilt...? I am not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    She isn't with him now, she doesn't want to be with him, and she will never want to... And I think Shaw understands that... He can't lose what he doesn't have, so fear of driving her away won't influence his decisions.

Guilt and the belief that he is indebted to her may influence him, though... but, is Shaw the kind of man able to make costly sacrifices due to guilt...? I am not so sure...
    Shaw? haha good luck with that.

I kinda of hate how X-men books often romantice abusive men because it is their way of "loving".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Shaw? haha good luck with that.

I kinda of hate how X-men books often romantice abusive men because it is their way of "loving".
    This is the way.

Seriously, Shaw, remorse? If that happens I'll stop joking that Sublime has taken over if that happens.

Then again...Apocalypse...although I guess Big A never felt remorse, just kinda decided to back the X-men and take them off the genocide list.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Thread kinda got outta hand with the Reed vs Charles stuff no?
    Welcome to the X-fanbase, hope you survive the experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    All the talk of lobotomies and retaliation. You guys do know they're meant to be heroes right?

Anyway, knowing Reed he'll use it to save some mutants in a way Charles can't. I think that's the best revenge and follows Reed's M.O.
    Anything else would be out of character for both him and Kitty as well as jeopardize his relationship with his family.
    We know they they are meant to be heroes...but does Marvel? I mean it often feels like they spend more time trying to make heroes look bad then make them look good, look at Iron Man, Carol Danvers, Beast, Reed Richards, Bruce Banner... the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Welcome to the X-fanbase, hope you survive the experience!
    I take my part of the blame.

Maybe la labotomizing Reed is a bit too far, but Tony is a chode.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

So i have to ask, are we getting the reveal on what the deal was between Frost and Fisk to hide Lourdes come up at some point? I haven't been keeping track of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So i have to ask, are we getting the reveal on what the deal was between Frost and Fisk to hide Lourdes come up at some point? I haven't been keeping track of that.
    Devil's Reign is what you're looking for.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Codex-X doesn't disable the x-gene, it only hides it. Mutants using Codex-X still can access their powers at will.
    You know the more I think about it the more I think that such tech would be advantageous for mutants considering considering that it does hide their being mutants from scanning of don't know, giant murderbot from the future or psychotic cyborg with Melville fetishism and the most awkward bionic prosthetic ever( a peg leg? I mean you whole body is artificial why a peg leg?) . Really is not the worst thing Reed Richards concocted (enforcing it without asking is another question).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    You know the more I think about it the more I think that such tech would be advantageous for mutants considering considering that it does hide their being mutants from scanning of don't know, giant murderbot from the future or psychotic cyborg with Melville fetishism and the most awkward bionic prosthetic ever( a peg leg? I mean you whole body is artificial why a peg leg?) . Really is not the worst thing Reed Richards concocted (enforcing it without asking is another question).
    The flipside of that however is it could be argued it also hides mutants from being detected by Cerebro, and thus backed up, which would make it impossible to resurrect them, or resurrect them fully/recently. After all, even the changes made to resurrection in ToM made it so Wanda's spell let Cerebro scan through all of the past in order to back-up mutants....but it still requires Cerebro be able to detect them as mutants, and can only back them up to whatever point they last registered on Cerebro as a mutant. So that's definitely reason for mutants to fear such a technology, at least being used against them rather than at their choice.....which like, not to put too fine a point on it, but people keep glossing over the fact that its one single usage was by Reed on his own son, without Franklin's knowledge or choice. No matter whether Reed's his father or not, still hardly the most auspicious footing to start such a technology out on, and thus ask or expect mutants to give its existence or reason for being the benefit of the doubt.

Not to mention, there's been a lot of emphasis on how hypothetically this technology is not that bad or relatively harmless or could even be to mutants' benefits.....while at the exact same time, those posters aren't exactly putting much validity in the equally hypothetical but still inherent dangers or harm the technology could pose. Its ALL hypothetical at this stage, but you can't use hypothetical good to just nix all talk of hypothetical bad as though they just cancel each other out and thus render all potential harm irrelevant (but meanwhile, the potential upsides DO somehow stay relevant?) Again, even while I'm firmly on team **** Xavier for his high-handedness but also on team yeah I get why mutants would be wary of this tech especially its possible and likely use for reasons other than choosing to use it themselves.....I GET that there are potential up-sides to it as voluntarily used masking tech. I just think people who are leaning too hard to the 'Reed Did Nothing Wrong' direction for my liking are like, very stubbornly avoiding an awareness that NOBODY ASKED REED TO MAKE THIS TECH AND NO MUTANTS ARE LINING UP TO ARGUE A NEED FOR IT.

Whether people are fans of Krakoa or not, a fundamental theme of the entire Krakoan era, and a huge part of what's explicitly labeled the appeal of the island for mutants and why so many flocked to it....is because mutants are TIRED of living in fear and hiding. Even as people have still been attacking and trying to invade Krakoa, something they're all aware of in various stories where the island's been attacked by aliens or mercenaries or bigots......mutants aren't leaving because they've still ultimately been able to fight off all such attacks and repel them. Not a single mutant on Krakoa has been written as oblivious to the fact that the island has a huge target on its back, and that living there effectively requires making a choice to live with the possibility of being attacked for being a mutant on an island everyone knows to look for if looking for mutants to try and kill. They're still all there, because the actual choice being highlighted in the current era of mutant narratives.....is them choosing not to live in hiding or keeping their mutant nature under wraps for their own protection or fear of being hated or hunted down for it.

And I think that's kinda key to this entire conversation, and isn't coming up enough? Like, there's a lot of circling back to the hypothetical of mutants maybe being glad for this tech or should be thanking Reed for making it because it could feasibly be written as used to hide them from detection and extermination....but again, this ignores that this was Reed's personal solution to a problem HE saw that INVOLVED mutants being detectable by not just HOSTILE technology, but even their OWN technology, and NOT Reed's solution to a problem that mutants had or were advertising that they had or would like a solution to. With again, all of this taking place at a time in the comics when mutants have actively EMBRACED banding together in the open, even WITH the target this paints on their back, rather than resign themselves to the lives of fear and hiding many of them have lived at other points. Tbh, at the moment, any mutant who DOES fear human aggression or being hunted or harmed for being a mutant, has a MUCH simpler solution to that potential danger than even needing to use Reed's tech: move literally anywhere but Krakoa and not announce that they're a mutant.

So I'm just saying, its kinda a strangely backwards attempt at some kind of saviorism to retroactively try to make this tech and Reed's reasons for making it this inevitable boon to mutants they're just not seeing in the proper light, when like....that's literally just not the story. It might be someday, but at the moment, its the literal OPPOSITE of the story. Mutants aren't asking for Reed to save them or hide them or protect them. They've explicitly gone to Krakoa to do and be all that for themselves. He didn't do this FOR them, and he didn't do this because he thought its what they needed or wanted. He did this because he had a specific fear of losing his son to his son's OWN curiosity about his mutant identity, and created a patch that was literally just designed to stall or put off the day when Reed might actually face being estranged from his son or Franklin CHOOSING to go to Krakoa and not come back. Again, I emphasize this part because its not like the story even raised the motivation of Reed being actually afraid mutants might kidnap Franklin or drag him through a gate against his will....it was literally Reed being like snip snip bitch to even the possibility Franklin might try and use a gate without Reed's permission.

Its like, you could write a story where a parent puts a tracker on their kid specifically because they're afraid of their kid being kidnapped and want to be sure they can find them, and you could write a story where a parent puts a tracker on their kid specifically because they told them they couldn't go hang at their friend's house because they feel that friend's family is a bad influence on them but also they want to be able to track their kid's location then because they assume and basically expect their kid won't listen to them. Both stories might have worthy points, but they are still very much COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORIES and the parental actions and motivations from the first one are just not innately the same thing as those from the second one. So it'd be very weird, IMO, and pretty disingenuous, to talk just about the actions and choices written in that second story but as though obviously the reasoning from the first story applies to the second story when that was literally just not that story.

Hate on Xavier and his actions as much as you want, I'll bring the pom-poms and cheerlead, but its just sorta wtf to see so much focus put on Reed's hypothetical saving the day in some future story where mutants need him to do that while explicitly AVOIDING acknowledgment of how its just as hypothetically likely Reed's actions are what puts mutants in even more actual danger.

Especially when as much as its been pointed out that the Fantastic Four have always been allies to mutants in the past, like, there's been literally dozens of stories where mutants could have ACTUALLY benefitted from the hypothetical positives of this tech. And y'know......kinda worth noting that despite those many past opportunities and reasons for Reed to have invented something like this where it would have ACTUALLY been a solution to a problem mutants were actively citing as a problem.....Reed never at any point in the past tried to invent something like this tech to protect mutants in any of those stories or even just in RESPONSE to those stories, like a 'damn, shoulda invented something like this before 16 million Genoshan mutants were all wiped out, but at least I can make it now for them to have so that doesn't happen again."
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-19-2022 at 05:54 AM.

Reed has the right to protect his underaged son Franklin any way he sees fit without asking all the mutant race their opinion. If they don't want to use Codex-X nobody is going to force them to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Devil's Reign is what you're looking for.
    I just got around to reading it...i regretted it so much.