Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Charles and Magneto didn't fight against adamantium in I4 they fought against Nimrod and OS. Not even remotely the same thing.
    Yet he controlled OS just the same. At the end it was futile though. Besides that's not my point. They can find ways to weaponize adamantium other than building robots for Mags and Lorna to crush. At the end of the day it is a precious metal in their possession because of Logan. On the other hand Reed got punished for a weapon that doesn't even exist. In X/F4 mini it says codex-x was designed just to cloak the x-gene, it doesn't disable or replace it. Those are just theoretically possible. I don't like drawing parallels to real life too much but it's like punishing Marie Curie for her work on radioactivity because her work can lead the way to nuclear bombs.

Reed is lucky Charles didn't straight up turn him into a drooling zombie for building something so stupid.
    It’s fun to say outrageous things
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    It’s fun to say outrageous things
    Yeah that is the name of the game on these boards, you should see Batman board...you won't believe the stuff out there..

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Yet he controlled OS just the same. At the end it was futile though. Besides that's not my point. They can find ways to weaponize adamantium other than building robots for Mags and Lorna to crush. At the end of the day it is a precious metal in their possession because of Logan. On the other hand Reed got punished for a weapon that doesn't even exist. In X/F4 mini it says codex-x was designed just to cloak the x-gene, it doesn't disable or replace it. Those are just theoretically possible. I don't like drawing parallels to real life too much but it's like punishing Marie Curie for her work on radioactivity because her work can lead the way to nuclear bombs.
    It was futile because of a dime a dozen lolpowerdapners.

And if Adamantium somehow disrupted the X-Gene in any way then you'd actually have a point, but until then it's a reach to even compare the two things.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Is it some secret power of the online X-fandom to make people who like other characters want to see them get destroyed? Because now I’m rooting for Reed to lobotomize Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Is it some secret power of the online X-fandom to make people who like other characters want to see them get destroyed? Because now I’m rooting for Reed to lobotomize Charles
    Ehh is kind of weird effect of these times. Since they pushed the heroes vs. Heroes thing, most fandom had become over protective to the point of fault of their favorite characters in spite of everything else, to the point that most wishes for each individual character get theor own little pointless universe. It is no more an hobby, is freaking competition!

Lol I don't want Reed to go Council of Reeds on anyone. I just wanna see Charles get his due.

Lol I don't want Reed to go Council of Reeds on anyone. I just wanna see Charles get his due.
    Just have Hulk being piasedatboth of them, usually that do the trick( passing off Hulk, always wise move)

That's just called hating.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Just have Hulk being piasedatboth of them, usually that do the trick( passing off Hulk, always wise move)
    Dr Strange's hands disagree.

Dr Strange's hands disagree.
    Well I remember correctly the entirety of the X-men plus Juggernaut too have PTSD about marvel Insane Green Posse..but WWH working title was "Angry Hulk beat the **** of the Marvel Universe" so it was expected.

It was futile because of a dime a dozen lolpowerdapners.

And if Adamantium somehow disrupted the X-Gene in any way then you'd actually have a point, but until then it's a reach to even compare the two things.
    Alright forget adamantium. That's my mistake. Please tell me why Reed deserved what Charles did to him without having a proper conversation beforehand. As I said before codex-x doesn't disable or replace x-gene, it just masks it. If this is such a big problem why didn't they just explain it to Reed instead of forcefully meddling with his mind and then throwing a threat in his way. From the way I see it they work more like thugs than diplomats.

Yes and why would any of them help or even know what Orchis is?.
    Druig would probably do it for the lulz. I can see Wraith joining Orchis to protect Humanity. Leader, the enemy of Hulk could be easily bribed. And Modok could join for his own reasons.

But there probably are more non-mutant telepaths around; the tech that gave Wraith his powers isn't even that advanced.

Plus Sentinels have had mutant identifying technology for decades so the entire point is moot.
    1.-Cerebro is more effective: It can find all mutants in all the planet at any range.

2.-There are like ten "mutant cures" (Hope Serum, X-cise, the mutant vaccine, Tabula Rasa and many others) and the hypothetical "cure" Reed could develop still doesn't even exist... and despite that, you want Reed lobotomized...

Applying that same logic, even if other mutant detection tech exist, Xavier, the creator of Cerebro, should be lobotomized too...

Alright forget adamantium. That's my mistake. Please tell me why Reed deserved what Charles did to him without having a proper conversation beforehand. As I said before codex-x doesn't disable or replace x-gene, it just masks it. If this is such a big problem why didn't they just explain it to Reed instead of forcefully meddling with his mind and then throwing a threat in his way. From the way I see it they work more like thugs than diplomats.
    Sometimes the thug life is all you have left.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree on the one hand what Charles did definitely put an adversarial situation with Reed and we know they could have talked beforehand but they also know each other enough to be sure that if Reed wants to keep an investigation in secret he can perfectly do it without anyone noticing, he has done that plenty of times before so I can´t exactly blame Charles either for not being happy with just a promise from Reed. I do think it is more in character for Charles and yes Magneto as well, to talk with Reed beforehand but at the end I can see why Xavier decided letting him have that knowledge was more dangerous, given Orchis is already making use of tecnology both Tony and Reed left around from their Iluminati days.

Now I am sure things can´t stay this way and the best option would have been if Reed agreed to destroy this tecnology, like Kavita Rao and Forge before him agreed to do once they realized the danger and I think this is most probably how this situation will end.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-15-2022 at 11:09 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022