Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Charles didnīt mindwipe Reed for this reason and most superheros trasspass countries all the time, like I donīt think they ask permission everytime they fly to another country or continent, I would add now that Krakoa is officially recognized by the UN, the X-men are trasspasing less than they used to as they have diplomatic treaties with almost all countries.

Agreed and Xavier usually does this when he mindwipes people, my guess is that the writer added that final "hahaha we got you" moment to keep the childish spirit of the comic, because it sure doesnīt make practical sense for Xavier and Magneto to let Reed keep that memory.

When I talked about trust, I meant letting him explain his mind and the reason he was working on that tecnology,like I would have expected this at the very least between allies and if he insisted on keeping doing it then they could have used the mindwipe.
    Yeah that was probably the best course of action. Instead now we have potential animosity between Reed/F4 and Chuck/Mags/Krakoa. If there are at least good stories to come from this I won't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Oh wow, he stepped foot on Krakoa without permission….say, do you think Doom should have a fair crack at Reed for every time Reed trespassed onto Latervia?
    Lol if Doom took heroes to court every time they illegally crossed Latveria's borders then there wouldn't be many heroes left to protect the earth.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 01-15-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Yeah that was probably the best course of action. Instead now we have potential animosity between Reed/F4 and Chuck/Mags/Krakoa. If there are at least good stories to come from this I won't complain.
    Same I hope what Duggan has planned itīs a good story. I am not agaisnīt drama and fights between superheros but I need it to make sense characterwise acording to their previous story, so I hope Duggan and hopefully Slott also get their chance to close up this plot point.

Lol if Doom took heroes to court every time they illegally crossed Latveria's borders then there wouldn't be many heroes left to protect the earth.
    Exactly, he would have half the MU on Latverian jail for trasspassing.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-15-2022 at 12:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    what happened with namors therapy?
    Xavier found Namor back when he was amnesiac and his attempts to treat him resulted in the whole being a psychotic mass murdering jackass we all know (drowning New York in 1941 says otherwise)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    We're so forgetting that Reed was arrogant enough to trespass on Krakoa and he almost got his family killed.

Maybe Charles wouldn't have went so extreme on him if not for that stunt.
    Your also forgetting that mutants go whereever they want with no regards for borders with their gates...then whine like hypocrites when anyone they don't want coming to the Island of Mutant Stupidity shows up.

Or the fact that Charles and Magneto couldn't have been any creepier to Franklin if they showed up in a sketchy van an offered him candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Your also forgetting that mutants go whereever they want with no regards for borders with their gates...then whine like hypocrites when anyone they don't want coming to the Island of Mutant Stupidity shows up.

Or the fact that Charles and Magneto couldn't have been any creepier to Franklin if they showed up in a sketchy van an offered him candy.
    Yowza.

I wish that mini never happened. I wish Charles would mindwipe it from my brain.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Somebody needs to draw a parody of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yowza.

I wish that mini never happened. I wish Charles would mindwipe it from my brain.
    I wouldn't go that far. There are parts of it I enjoyed like when F4 and X-men teamed up on Doom's island. They should work together more instead of fighting for contrived reasons. I'm still pissed at Charles though at least until this storyline gets resolved

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Charles didnīt mindwipe Reed for this reason and most superheros trasspass countries all the time, like I donīt think they ask permission everytime they fly to another country or continent, I would add now that Krakoa is officially recognized by the UN, the X-men are trasspasing less than they used to as they have diplomatic treaties with almost all countries.

Agreed and Xavier usually does this when he mindwipes people, my guess is that the writer added that final "hahaha we got you" moment to keep the childish spirit of the comic, because it sure doesnīt make practical sense for Xavier and Magneto to let Reed keep that memory.

When I talked about trust, I meant letting him explain his mind and the reason he was working on that tecnology,like I would have expected this at the very least between allies and if he insisted on keeping doing it then they could have used the mindwipe. I agree they didnīt have to trust him.
    We realize that Charles didn’t mindwipe Reed for that, we only brought it up because Coco is bandying it about as how the Fantastic Four escalated first.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Reed is lucky Charles didn't straight up turn him into a drooling zombie for building something so stupid.
    And the next thing you know, Valeria is standing on a Fantasticar with an Ultimate Nullifier pointed right at Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    And the next thing you know, Valeria is standing on a Fantasticar with an Ultimate Nullifier pointed right at Krakoa.
    Do you think Valeria would let them off that easy?

Astonishing Member

That or Franklin hits them with Galactus.

Astonishing Member

I love when people are like rawr Krakoan age sucks because the X-Men have no nuance and are running around consorting with villains and hating humans all willy-nilly, but then the second a thread turns into an X-character versus non X-character Rumbles even with it acknowledged that both characters were being douchebags, we quickly devolve into 'well at least the non-x characters could totally do this' and posit siccing Galactus on an island of mutants because of the actions of like, Xavier, singular. As though one-shotting the whole neighborhood is a proportionate response to a single mutant's actions, and not at all lacking in the nuance towards Krakoa that a lot of people feel Krakoans lack in regards to humanity. I'm just saying, I feel like there might be a smidgen of irony to be found lurking somewhere in there.

(And I mean, you guys did make a point of specifying Valeria and Franklin directing their responses towards Krakoa overall instead of just like....treating Xavier like the sole bad actor in the actions they're retaliating against. Would Valeria let 'them' off so easy as though there's been any mention of literally any other mutant in this scenario other than Xavier acting of his own volition, or Franklin unleashing Galactus. C'mon, we all know Galactus doesn't do precision work, lol. My point is just there's a tendency of a lot of posters to criticize the X-books for not acknowledging that there's a breadth of human beings and sentiment out there and its not one size fits all, while being pretty blithe about hypothetically wiping the whole island off the map because of the specific actions of specific characters.)
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-15-2022 at 08:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

A) I'm pretty sure most of us are joking, and
    B). This all essentially started because Coco keeps on going on and on about how Reed is totally the wrong party in everwyhere and how he ever dared oppose Professor X he'd be lobotomized and helpless and
    C). I'm pretty sure if you did lobotomize her dad Valeria would actually try the Ultimate Nullifier. You remember what happened when she thought Annilhus killed the Human Torch?

But sure, it's just us hating Krakoa

Oh why is there no goddamn eyeroll emoji?

Astonishing Member

*Shrugs* I mean dude, I'm not mad about it, I'm just pointing out a willingness to respond in kind. I've got my own eyeroll in response to Coco's take, but my point was just none of us are unaware of the critical takes about Krakoan sameness of thought (and many of us actually share that objection), but when its a point some people are vocal about in pretty much every thread they post in, and then showcase how easy it is to lose sight of that point when talking about what other faves of theirs COULD do in a conflict if they felt justified or wronged.....like, personally I feel that has a lot to do with the lack of overall nuance in the current books and the fact that many posters are okay with it.

Its just a shoe on the other foot kinda sitch, like people who feel mutant characters are justified in going to extremes cuz they're fed up with the constant **** happening to them in the Marvel U even as other heroes feel no compulsion to act on Sentinels still being allowed to exist after killing millions on Genosha, etc, etc....people of that mindset are gonna be more willing to just enjoy mutants utilizing the power they have to protect themselves because the narrative in their minds has 'earned' them just being pushed too far and fed up.

The flip side of that is people who DON'T feel the most widespread mutant sentiments being expressed in the books now are earned or justified in world or by the narrative, are pretty easily able to shift to backing 'the other side' in a conflict they feel does their own fave wrong, while using that to springboard their own disdainful bitchslap of everyone or everything they don't like currently, even if only one singular person actually provoked or earned any kind of retaliation. (Much like how many posters feel pro-Krakoa fans who fall into the previous mentioned category are too forgiving of mutant arrogance and the position they've put/strongarmed the rest of the world into with their new nation while acting justified because of the actions of specific human bad actors in past conflicts).

I'm not actually trying to insinuate or say anything other than pointing out its interesting where the us vs them paradigm leads on both sides of an equation, and worth musing on or examining. If for instance, Reed gets his idea schematics back and starts to pursue it more aggressively and in ways he wouldn't have BEFORE Xavier did what he did, at least in part BECAUSE of what Xavier did specifically....leading to it being more easily or more likely to end up weaponized against mutants as a whole, is it not worth acknowledging in that kind of scenario that however justified Reed is in feeling wronged, it was one single mutant that did that to him and yet many others that might suffer as a result of his personal conflict with Xavier? And how does that compare to or reframe other characters' stances, their in world logic/justifications for being so pro-Krakoa...when specifically looked at as being their reactions/attitudes towards humanity as a whole even when it was just specific singular humans who persecuted or hurt them in the past?
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-15-2022 at 08:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Absolutely, Krakoa has it's merit's but damn it is so hypocritical

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    A) I'm pretty sure most of us are joking, and
    B). This all essentially started because Coco keeps on going on and on about how Reed is totally the wrong party in everwyhere and how he ever dared oppose Professor X he'd be lobotomized and helpless and
    C). I'm pretty sure if you did lobotomize her dad Valeria would actually try the Ultimate Nullifier. You remember what happened when she thought Annilhus killed the Human Torch?

But sure, it's just us hating Krakoa

Oh why is there no goddamn eyeroll emoji?
    All this as well

Need an eyeroll emoji for like half the stuff on here