Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Kitty going behind Charles back and getting Reed's knowledge back. I LOVE IT!!!

Is anyone else shipping Pyro and Lourdes now too?

That would have been best...but I would maybe also throw in a Sentinel attack on the FF over Franklin.
    Specially since Kitty/Kate and Franklin are on good terms.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    theory on the reed plot... he's not specifically looking to get the mutant device memory back, he wants any other memories xavier may have taken.

charles mentions that when they were in the illuminati he would have taken the memory and made sure reed had no idea he did it. the screw up wasn't letting reed know he removed this memory, it was that he let him know he's done this to reed before
    Ooh, I'd be down for this

It’s cool to see Bobby getting another flexing moment but I’m sad he didn’t get a proper farewell to Kitty and co. Here’s hoping he does make it into X-Men Red.

Also not sure how to feel about Kitty helping Reed get back his knowledge about an anti-mutant device lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That would justify developing psi-shields, not a genocidal weapon.
    Assuming he know what knowledge he had lost. As others said if he know he could easily do it again, being the smartest person on planet(once time one fool stole his genius and gone insane for the sheer amount of ideas reeds mind can generate). Indeed is a weird situation that is written. The Reed I know would kind be not OK with cresting genocidal weapons, unless tricked into it, now Tony would do it just theoretically as mental exercise( the only person who can really say, whoops created exoskeleton that turn you into a cyber zombie by accident) but Reed...kind of weird...not outside the realm of possibilities but not "standard" Reed Richards behaviour. Now if you said, he created a space crunching machine that could also be used as genocidal machine, now that is more in line with Mr Fantastic....
    ..you know I I starting thinking that at least in comics Sciences studies are the sources of 99% of issue of their universes.., I mean wtf, you do it see philosophy graduates accidentally causing 3nd of the world every effin day!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    theory on the reed plot... he's not specifically looking to get the mutant device memory back, he wants any other memories xavier may have taken.

charles mentions that when they were in the illuminati he would have taken the memory and made sure reed had no idea he did it. the screw up wasn't letting reed know he removed this memory, it was that he let him know he's done this to reed before
    It also raises, in the context of Charles having been talking out both sides of his mouth the whole time, what Big Brain moments that the Illuminati had might have been in some way influenced by Xavier to bring about events Moira required?

I doubt Namor’s forgotten the effect of Xavier’s ‘therapy’

This was a great wrap up issue. This Bishop and Pyro were fire and wish the team had gotten more. hopefully duggan can get a companion x-book since he was doing two in this era with perhaps a different statement he can showcase his skills on but this was a very consistently pleasing book for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I just had to comment on the Kitty/ Reed thing lol.

To start both Reed and Charles were in the wrong in Fantastic Four/X-Men. Reed was wring for using the device on Franklin and Charles was wrong for mindwiping Reed. Both have the same flaw of making decisions for others and not talking to them before making decisions. They both have a savior complex. All of this could have been avoided if Charles actually spoke to Reed about the device. It has potential to be used as a weapon against mutants, but it's first and foremost very useful for mutants and can be used to help many. But ego's got in the way of what could have been a beneficial partnership. It was just stupid to antagonize a man who can create machines that threaten entire galaxies when you're biggest threat are machines...

Anyway, there is likely more to Kate working with Reed and him wanting his thoughts back. The man isn't going to work with ORCHIS or attack mutants, not matter what people say that's not who Reed is. It's also not who Kate is, you really think she'd work with someone anti-mutant and jeopardize her people? It will be interesting to see what comes of all this but I highly doubt Reed wants his knowledge back for anti-mutant reasons.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

To start both Reed and Charles were in the wrong in Fantastic Four/X-Men. Reed was wring for using the device on Franklin and Charles was wrong for mindwiping Reed. Both have the same flaw of making decisions for others and not talking to them before making decisions. They both have a savior complex. All of this could have been avoided if Charles actually spoke to Reed about the device. It has potential to be used as a weapon against mutants, but it's first and foremost very useful for mutants and can be used to help many. But ego's got in the way of what could have been a beneficial partnership. It was just stupid to antagonize a man who can create machines that threaten entire galaxies when you're biggest threat are machines...

Anyway, there is likely more to Kate working with Reed and him wanting his thoughts back. The man isn't going to work with ORCHIS or attack mutants, not matter what people say that's not who Reed is. It's also not who Kate is, you really think she'd work with someone anti-mutant and jeopardize her people? It will be interesting to see what comes of all this but I highly doubt Reed wants his knowledge back for anti-mutant reasons.
    I can't help but wonder if Reed is nervous about something Charles may or may not have seen when he mindwiped him. Like he wants to know what Charles knows about what he knows.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So we are suddenly done with the tattoo?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It also raises, in the context of Charles having been talking out both sides of his mouth the whole time, what Big Brain moments that the Illuminati had might have been in some way influenced by Xavier to bring about events Moira required?

I doubt Namor’s forgotten the effect of Xavier’s ‘therapy’
    my thinking was to do with moira, but more along the lines of illuminati meetings that charles remembers but no one else does, or are there portions of these meetings and missions that everyone else remembers happening differently with xavier being the only one who really knows what happened.
    what happened with namors therapy?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So we are suddenly done with the tattoo?
    He's gotta lose that thing to go on his book tour!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

I agree. Reed is/has been of help to the X-men for the majority of their history. Xavier could have approached Reed, told him about the issue with his invention. From there, they could have (1) gotten Reed's agreement to remove the knowledge, (2) removed the memory and make him forget that he lost it, or even (3) worked together (to make the technology beneficial for Krakoa or put in safeguards against it being stolen). Instead, Xavier went the route of purposefully making an enemy out of Reed.

It serves no purpose other than to create a potential conflict between the mutants and Reed. For entertainment-wise, this is an interesting story thread for us readers. But it just doesn't make sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I agree. Reed is/has been of help to the X-men for the majority of their history.
    Various X-folk are probably still wearing unstable molecule costumes designed by Reed so that their powers don't destroy their clothes. (I remember Mercury being delighted that she finally didn't have to go naked every time she used her powers, and Rahne was similarly pleased that she didn't bust out of her clothes every time she wolfed out. Others, like Kitty, explicitly can use their powers *on* their clothes, but not everyone has that advantage!)

It is annoying how these long-time allies, various members of whom used to hang out and play poker together, are now enemies.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That would justify developing psi-shields, not a genocidal weapon.
    That's incredibly hyperbolic. Handcuffs are not "genocidal weapons." and Reed's device didn't even rise to the equivalent of hancduffs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Various X-folk are probably still wearing unstable molecule costumes designed by Reed so that their powers don't destroy their clothes. (I remember Mercury being delighted that she finally didn't have to go naked every time she used her powers, and Rahne was similarly pleased that she didn't bust out of her clothes every time she wolfed out. Others, like Kitty, explicitly can use their powers *on* their clothes, but not everyone has that advantage!)

It is annoying how these long-time allies, various members of whom used to hang out and play poker together, are now enemies.
    The F4 and Spider-man in particular have been mutant allies and helped them numerous times.

Even Avengers have helped them in the past

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    That's incredibly hyperbolic. Handcuffs are not "genocidal weapons." and Reed's device didn't even rise to the equivalent of hancduffs.
    Specially after Cyclops remark in HOX/POX and how Xavier/Mags just showed up at their house in the mini Reed wanting to protect his son is justified IMO.Not to mention Reed was spot on about them being on a timetable and Sue was right w/ how differently they treated Val and Franklin when the entire F4 have been nothing but helpful to mutants.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The X-men also helped protect Franklin after the whole Onslaught debacle so the help has been mutual, I just thought the mini made both teams look bad for silly reasons, they looked like it was the first time they talked when that has not been the case, even Magneto once seek the FF4 help for Storm and kitty after the morlock massacre and then went with Doom for the same reason, also the final fight with Dr Doom didn´t made much sense.

Now I can see Reed just being offended by Charles apparent abuse of his mind but I also think he may not remember he was desinging tecnology that could erase the mutant gen. I get where he´s coming from, because while Reed loves Franklin, he´s also afraid of his powers being out of control, so I could see him designing something he could use in case his lost control of his powers, this also happened before they knew Franklin was not an actual "mutant", so I actually can see how this confrontation could happen but it was handled poorly and it has not been followed up until now.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-15-2022 at 12:05 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022