Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I find it out of character for Shaw to fold so easily...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Tbf, Krakoa. It flows freely and often.

So, Reed vs Professor X. I’m pretty sure Reed would win this if it was one on one.

He didn't he created a situation for his own entertainment. Shaw is the old man from Squid Games

Astonishing Member

Actually, why are they on the Quiet Council, I think someone mentioned it before but the Summer Court’s entire job is overseeing Hellfire.

Did they just make Krakoa’s government into even more of a joke than it already is?

Them, Sinister and Storm were the only ones with extracuricular activities...Exodus ran a creche if that counts

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Them, Sinister and Storm were the only ones with extracuricular activities...Exodus ran a creche if that counts
    Uh, isn’t that Stacey X running it? Or is that a different place for dropping off kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Uh, isn’t that Stacey X running it? Or is that a different place for dropping off kids.
    I think thats a nursery. Exodus runs summer camp

He didn't he created a situation for his own entertainment. Shaw is the old man from Squid Games
    Yup. He's pitting Lourdes and Shinobi against each other already.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

When I see Kate’s outfit, I must think of Luke Skywalker on Tatooine.

I am a little disappointed that Bobby didn‘t want to enter a relationship with Pyro/Simon, but had no problem doing it with the unstable Frost brother.

Astonishing Member

Considering Duggan’s spiteful little dig at Firestar on Monday and the general treatment of any form of restricting a mutant’s power in non-Hickman stuff (from psi-blocking to M-day) as akin to sexual assault, nothing good will come from this alliance.

Fantastic Member

I'm sure he's got several dozen tricks up his sleeve. He seems like he's biding his time and letting things play out for awhile. And he's still on the Council, so it's not a complete loss of power.

What I really want to know, now that the series is over, is why Fenris was ever in this book as part of the HFC. When they came in I thought they would serve as Sebastian's lackeys, but they did literally nothing. Masque and Jumbo Carnation had more to do in the book than Fenris. Not that I wanted to see more Fenris, but the story would have been exactly the same without them - why even bring them in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Which begs the question… where is Iceman going in Destiny of X? I mean, he’s pretty front and center in the big group teaser by Leinil Yu. So he’s got to end up somewhere.
    Um, ...remember the Inferno teaser cover that had Psylocke, Bishop, and Magik?? Well, might be more of that mess.
    Last edited by dkrook; 01-12-2022 at 01:10 PM.

I see Marvel keeps discreetly sweeping under the rug the creepiest bits of the Krakoan era...

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    To be fair to Charles, the info he took from Reed was something that could be used to hurt mutants,
    All it did was to hide mutants without restricting their power; it seems like something that could be quite helpful to mutants... not so much for Xavier, since it would hinder his goal to gather all mutants in Krakoa (the upside is, a mutant could live a normal life without being threatened; the downside, Cerebra wouldn't detect them as mutants, Xavier couldn't find them, and they couldn't cross the Krakoan gates without help.... but thanks to Wanda, they could benefit from the Resurrection Protocols...).

So what it would really do is to allow mutants to safely live as humans. Good for individual mutants, bad for Krakoa.

Wasn't he supposed to have joined Krakoa for the money he can earn as part of the Hellfire Corporation?
    Last edited by Habis; 01-12-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

Unless it was all part of some plan of his that we don't know about yet...

All it did was to hide mutants without restricting their power; it seems like something that could be quite helpful to mutants... not so much for Xavier, since it would hinder his goal to gather all mutants in Krakoa (the upside is, a mutant could live a normal life without being threatened; the downside, Cerebra wouldn't detect them as mutants, Xavier couldn't find them, and they couldn't cross the Krakoan gates without help.... but thanks to Wanda, they could benefit from the Resurrection Protocols...).

So what it would really do is to allow mutants to safely live as humans. Good for individual mutants, bad for Krakoa.
    The device not only cloaks mutant genes, but can turn them off. His invention also made it so Franklin couldn't access a Krakoan Gate, which has horrible implications if weaponized. Even if it has some value for mutants (being able to help with problematic mutations, cloak them from enemies), the device could also easily be used against them. Considering Reed, while well-intentioned, used it on his own son without any regard for his own wants, he's clearly not a person they can take a chance on.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.