Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

The Arakki have had thousands of years of practice.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t recall at any point in the mini that it was ever mentioned that it could be used to turn off an X-gene. Only mention of it being used to harm mutants was from Xavier and Magneto at the end and, honestly, I think I’m gonna trust the expertise of the guy who designed and created the device over the people who flat out lie to their country on a daily basis and would call foul on anything if it doesn’t fit into their view of what’s good for mutantkind. Hell, I can’t help but find it funny that Xavier throws a fit about what he claims could be a way Reed’s device could be used yet is fine with Forge knowing how to make a weapon that depowers mutant. Hell, said device was just used to depower Moira. Oops.

Xavier was dead during that time so he’s off the hook on that one. Beast on the other hand…
    Thanks for the correction. Xavier was negligent in trusting Beast and Beast was also negligent for letting tech like that be left for hostiles to use.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 01-12-2022 at 03:43 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member

Quite frankly, I think the Hellfire turnover was a hugely missed opportunity. I don't see what makes the Cuckoos all that qualified to be the White Queen and in charge of all the White Court's holdings, and I've yet to see more than a couple writers EVER try and develop them as characters rather than just use them as a gimmick, so I'm like. Meh, screw the X-Men vote, Emma should have offered the job to Monet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Quite frankly, I think the Hellfire turnover was a hugely missed opportunity. I don't see what makes the Cuckoos all that qualified to be the White Queen and in charge of all the White Court's holdings, and I've yet to see more than a couple writers EVER try and develop them as characters rather than just use them as a gimmick, so I'm like. Meh, screw the X-Men vote, Emma should have offered the job to Monet.
    I mean ffs, over in X-Force they’ve decided to eschew their own individuality again to be just a huge mind of each other. Makes you wonder if that scene with Destiny in Inferno was Hickman making his displeasure know with the idea of regressing their characters once again. Seriously, they keep on hinting that they might develop individual characters then backtrack right after.

Astonishing Member

Did they ever even Select the Lord Imperial?

Or the Red Knight?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I've personally never seen it as "fun and games" but to each their own. Charles mind-wiping Reed and now Reed making a possible deal with Kate to somehow retrieve the taken information is good story potential to me. And that's all I want, good stories.
    Depends entirely on the mutant. The point is, they see it as an activity that is entirely within their rights to employ and for any reason they see fit. It is both contemptuous and a basic violation of one's rights as a sentient being, and Charles is an absolute utter moron for effing around with a man who could create a science project to shove Krakoa into the negative zone before his oatmeal was finished microwaving for breakfast.

Charles isn't a god because he is so fundamentally flawed as a person that he could never handle it. Reed isn't one because he chooses not to be one.

Baldy legit threw the false god away like yesterday's trash the moment he was established as a more legitimate pretender than Wanda & Pietro combined, so Reed's feelings on wanting to keep his false God, fraud of a son away from Krakoa were well-founded as Baldy & Metal Head have proven they cannot be trusted.

Astonishing Member

Xavier not wiping Reed’s memory of the encounter was profoundly stupid.

There’s a time for flexing and there’s a time for not pissing off a man you know to be incredibly dangerous when feeling slighted

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    There's no "to be fair to Charles" here.

The problem with mutant psychics is they feel that they have the authority to simply screw with people's memories and minds as they see fit.

This has always been the case. They toy with memories and perceptions and it's all fun and games.
    I said what Charles did was a dick move. But frankly, he didn't act on a whim; he acted in defense of his people, who were already in a precarious position and couldn't afford too many risks. Reed means well, but the mutants have much more to lose than he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t recall at any point in the mini that it was ever mentioned that it could be used to turn off an X-gene. Only mention of it being used to harm mutants was from Xavier and Magneto at the end and, honestly, I think I’m gonna trust the expertise of the guy who designed and created the device over the people who flat out lie to their country on a daily basis and would call foul on anything if it doesn’t fit into their view of what’s good for mutantkind.
    Xavier said it in the last issue. Reed didn't deny it, only saying that she wouldn't use it for that purpose. (Or rather, he was saying that before he cut himself off.) If the device was harmless, masking would be much less of an issue. It'd still be an issue, but not nearly as severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Reed had good reasons to be wary of Xavier's attitude towards Franklin. And to be honest, Xaviers was trying to recruit Franklin and convince him to go live in Krakoa. Reed, as a parent, had the right to keep his underaged son from going to places he doesn't regard as safe for him..
    Reed has a right to keep his underaged son back, but not to mess with his body like that. And he's already chipped his kids before. Reed crossed a line, and even his family agreed on that.

And Codex-X was explicitly NOT designed to disable or replace the x-gene, only to cloak it. Reed admitted it was theoretically possible to redesign it to remove the X-gene, but he never developed that version.
    It still posed a very potential, very real danger. And the cloaking itself could also cut mutants off from Krakoa, or escaping serious threats.

Yes, Reed could have created something to remove the X-gene... so what? Several lesser scientists have done the same: Dr. Kavita Rao's Hope Serum, Dr. Amara Perera's cure (which she never dared to make public out of fear for the consequences), the Mutant Vaccine (which could be injected before the mutant powers manifested), Marcus Glove's X-Cise, Dr. Tucker's prenatal test and cure for the x-gene (which worked only on fetuses). Tabula Rasa nanotech can annul all superpowers... etc.
    What's the point of manipulating Reed's mind, then? That won't remove the risk of a mutant "cure" being developed, it only removes the existence of useful mutant cloaking technology...
    Just because there are other threats, doesn't mean you shouldn't do something about the potential threat that's right in front of you. The device is something that can easily be used against them, from the hands of a man who already used it on his own son. From a man who, while very well-meaning, has had his inventions stolen or proven to be problematic.

I will say that Reed was pretty OOC in this mini, being more insensitive than usual to pretty much everyone but himself and his wife. Xavier was also pretty OOC, being written as more condescending to humans & is now much less understanding towards the family. Sue was written with her emotions coming before her logic; even if she's a mama bear, she's much more intelligent than this. All the major players in this mini were assholes solely to justify conflict, when they could have easily struck a deal that worked out for all parties. Said deal being what they went with in the end, and one that pretty much all the mutants on Krakoa already have since the island has teleporters everywhere .But they had to stretch this **** out for 4 issues, so everyone had to be made dumb and reactionary.

EDIT: Also in this mini, the Fantastic Four snuck into their country and spied on them because they thought the kids might be with them. (They were wrong.) In the context of this mini, the Fantastic Four are sus. Again though, this whole incident relied on characters acting uncharacteristic and rude to move the plot along.
    Last edited by Rift; 01-12-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Did they ever even Select the Lord Imperial?

Or the Red Knight?
    No, I don't think so. I'm just gonna assume Lockheed is the Red Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Ok i know X-Corp was bad but is any other book gonna acknowledge it? Mutantkind now has this big corporation that under the right writer could be interesting and it doesn’t even show up as a background mention. Would have been cool for X-Corp and Hellfire to go through a merger since clearly there’s not enough space for both.

Imagine orchis plans a sentinel attack on Krakoa, similar to the genosha attack in New xmen.

Then someone flicks a switch and suddenly all xgenes are masked.

Then watch as Krakoan civilians get killed because they can't use the gates to escape or evacuate.

I can see the dangers of it. But Xavier should have completely mindwiped Reed

Astonishing Member

Honestly even if you wipe Reed there’s a good chance he would have found out because he’s Reed. Honestly, the best thing Charles could have asked? For Reed to hand it over. It’s not like Reed is some anti-human bigot.

Christian Frost looks like Eminem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Imagine orchis plans a sentinel attack on Krakoa, similar to the genosha attack in New xmen.

Then someone flicks a switch and suddenly all xgenes are masked.

Then watch as Krakoan civilians get killed because they can't use the gates to escape or evacuate.

I can see the dangers of it. But Xavier should have completely mindwiped Reed
    Can Codex-X even be used to affect a wide area? Can that weapon even exist...?

Also, think another scenario: Old School mass produced Sentinels attack; somebody flips a switch and suddenly the Sentinels don't know who is a mutant and who isn't so they go away...

I think Codex-X potential for good outweighs its potential dangers.