Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cover Contest 1/12-1/18 Your Very Favorite Cover Ever

This contest is not just a cover you like. This is for your favorite cover ever. I know that most of us don't have one, single cover that is their absolute favorite, but we do have covers we can call our #1 favorite.
    So post a cover that you can call your very favorite cover. And it would be cool if you could write something about why you love it. And we will personally judge you on the cover you post
    My favorite is Sgt. Fury #16 by Kirby. I first saw this as a House Ad in a Thor comic, I eventually tracked down a copy. What caught me is it is not a big action cover but it tells an entire story in this one image. It also conveys all the emotions from the Howlers defeat to the German's victory cries. It is masterful. And still an all time favorite cover.

Sgt. Fury #16 by Jack Kirby and Chic Stone

Cover Contest Weekly Posted Rules:

Post one (and only one) cover that fits the theme of this week's contest.
    The cover must be from a published comic book, collected volume or graphic novel.
    Covers must be posted before voting begins.
    Voting begins 12 AM Wednesday January 12th and runs until Midnight Tuesday January 18th PST.
    Vote by posting the name in bold of the Poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most. A vote need not be in bold, but it does make it easier to tally votes.
    The winner of the contest is the entrant with the most votes after the voting period.
    It's okay to discuss the covers but if you think someone's entry doesn't fit the theme or violates the rules don't argue it in the thread - simply don't vote for it.
    Most importantly, remember that we're here to have fun. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-12-2022 at 11:29 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!